Bicep thumbprint: Which Side?

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me before I continue further into my build. 

The "thumbprint" indentation that that is found on the inside bicep on MTK and some other armors: which side does it go on, left or right? I've been looking through different threads trying to figure this out, but no one seems to directly address this and I have seen some photos that show the thumbprint on differing sides. So is there an accepted "correct" side for this marking to go on?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, VaderIncarnate said:

My ATA kit has them on both sides. They are different in shape one more prominent than the other. Does anyone know why? Is this a specific version of TK?

Not a specific version of TK I think it was presumed they where on both sides when the molds had been made. It was something I was looking at removing on my next set which I have waiting to build.

10 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Not a specific version of TK I think it was presumed they where on both sides when the molds had been made. It was something I was looking at removing on my next set which I have waiting to build.

4 hours ago, VaderIncarnate said:

Thanks gmrhodes13. I had not seen many pictures of the thumbprint on left and right side. I think I am going to keep mine. 

File this under useless trivia:

I had a chat with Brian Muir at a Con in Tampa and asked him specifically about the thumbprint.  He said it was not actually in his original sculpt and had no idea how it got there or why it was only seen on the left side.

• Like 4

On 3/24/2019 at 4:09 AM, justjoseph63 said:

File this under useless trivia:

I had a chat with Brian Muir at a Con in Tampa and asked him specifically about the thumbprint.  He said it was not actually in his original sculpt and had no idea how it got there or why it was only seen on the left side.

I'd be willing to bet...

In making/moving the form blocks, someone accidentally stuck their thumb in the clay sculpt picking it up.  After saying "Ah crap..." they thought "Screw it... no one will ever see it or care anyways after this movie flops."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alay said:

I'd be willing to bet...

In making/moving the form blocks, someone accidentally stuck their thumb in the clay sculpt picking it up.  After saying "Ah crap..." they thought "Screw it... no one will ever see it or care anyways after this movie flops."

Years later..

1257637619_ScreenShot2019-03-25at2_02_27PM.png.afd993d5b4880d4860d9de275b87021a.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...