Skinny torso trimming - AP

tansir1

I'm putting together an AP kit and trimmed it down to the minimum cut lines.  I have a large gap all around my torso causing it to fit funny.  I'm 5'6" and 130 lbs.  I think I need to trim off more along the edges connecting the ab and kidney plates and maybe give the whole torso a hot water bath to make it curve into a smaller circle around me.  This is pretty drastic so I want to poll the community for other suggestions first.  Am I missing something obvious?  Did I screw up something?

Back:  In the gap between the back and kidney plate you can see the space between me and the armor.  The red lines are roughly the outline of my torso.  I've got a 32" inch waist and the belt is 38".  The belt barely fits around the armor with only hair's width of overlap on the velcro.

RoZsE2P.jpg

Right side closeup:

5muR7Q7.jpg

Left side closeup:

DxYy6nD.jpg

Left side:

k4PQnS0.jpg

Right side:

LNICogc.jpg

Front: Here you can see the kidney plate is wider than the ab plate.  I may have to give the kidney plate a hot water bath to make it curve more and then trim off a bit.

Hv9qMyj.jpg

Definitely need to trim more off. Only should have 1/2 inch gap between your body and armor. You should also trim more off the return edges. About 1/8 inch is all that's needed.

Heat up the sides of ur kidney plate and push them in.. Careeeefullly heat it with a heat gun or torch and bend the sides towards your belly.. so its kinda like a clamshell.. that way u wont get that over hang on the sides from the front veiw