TFA Thermal Detonator/Has CRL changed?

Jayben Kenobi

Hello FISD.

I wanted to get some clarity on something. I am getting ready to apply my Anovos Decals to my Thermal Detonator. My decal will not be able to cover the entire inner circle of the right hand side of the detonator. Is this okay or do I need just need to cover the entire inner circle with black? The reason I am asking is because I saw on a facebook group that the entire inside of the right hand side circle had to be black. I checked the 501st Database and saw nothing stating that the entire inside has to be black. It just states "Right hand end cap is black."  It actually does not show the right hand end cap on that webpage.

Here is a shot of an approved member's Thermal Detonator using Anovos Decals. Notice the Anovos Decal only covers the center circle. 

img%5D

Thanks in advance for your help on this! 

Edited by Jayben Kenobi

Hi Josh

I'm guessing you're part of the Jimmiroquai build group on Facebook and saw my post about my TD.

Prior to approval my GML requested the black circle on the TD be in line with the Anovos TD. The righthand TD circle on Jimmi's TD is smaller and the decals provided by Trooperbay fit this. I have made both suppliers aware. 

Obviously many Jimmi kits prior to mine have been approved without issue. This was just a upgrade my GML requested and I'm cool with that. 

Here are some pics to show the difference in size between my original approval shot and the one they asked me to match (the one with the red circle).

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0866.PNG

• Like 2

Looking at the reference photo above the decal looks roughly 1/8" smaller than the second inner step. I'm gonna have to go back and look at some reference photos and check this, especially considering that's my FOTK at the top hahaha  

Tony...

Just to clarify, the first image i posted was the one the GML sent me for reference. This second image was my first round approval shot - the incorrect one. 

Here's a shot of the modified and, now, approved right side TD.

:duim:

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 14.20.41.png

The first photo your GML sent you is of my armor. I looked at some reference photos last night and from what I can see it still stands correct, your's does appear to be too large regardless. 

8 hours ago, ukswrath said:

The first photo your GML sent you is of my armor. I looked at some reference photos last night and from what I can see it still stands correct, your's does appear to be too large regardless. 

Good to know. I might mod it sometime but I guess it's closer to the correct size than all the other approved Jimmi kits out there! Trouble with the current TD sculpt is that there are two definite circles which can be filled and it looks like both are incorrect based on your measurement.

Interestingly there are no pics of the right side TD in the CRL. It's about the only thing you don't get a good look at for reference.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 07.21.57.png