Rikileitr's RS prop build

Rikileitr

EDIT: I ment to post this in the build thread forum. Maybr a mod can move it..

Hey guys I just received my RS Prop Masters Stormtrooper kit with a completed helmet!

CYes4Sv.jpg

LX7B9Il.jpg

I will be mostly posting in this thread to make sure that im doing things right! 

I did notice that some of the armor might be a stretch to fit on me, as im 6'3. Has anyone had an issue fitting into the armor at that height?

Thanks, and i cant wait to get started

Edited by Rikileitr

Hi, good luck on the build :)

At least a couple of vendors sell extended shins as an extra. I can confirm that RWA shins are a good shade match for RS armour ;)

This may seem like a dumb question.. but im having a hard time finding information on where i am supposed to cut off access armor near the return edges.  More specifically which pieces need a return edge and which can i lob it off.

Alright... issue. I was trying to stretch out my shoulder bells because they are very thin, and they tore on both sides... so i have 2 issues. The shoulder bells have tares, and they are still too thin too fit my bicep armor

Any fixes for both issues?

Cracked shoulder bell https://imgur.com/gallery/1Oz0n

1  If you have any small pieces of ABS you could reinforce that area on the inside of the return edge . 

2. You could make some ABS paste to fill in the cracks after the area has been reinforced. 

Paste is made with ABS scrapes and acetone.  Not sure about the mixture ratio, you could find out from some of the experts around these parts. 

Anyway, that's what I would do to fix the cracks.  As far as making them wider or bigger to fit your arms, you may have to buy some bigger ones. 

Keep asking around though, someone else might have a better idea.

44 minutes ago, jedha-trooper said:

The cracks are easy fixes with abs-paste and som sanding....and the lesser return edge the more flex of the shoulders.

I mean.. could i just take off the Return edges?

46 minutes ago, tydirium1 said:

1  If you have any small pieces of ABS you could reinforce that area on the inside of the return edge . 

2. You could make some ABS paste to fill in the cracks after the area has been reinforced. 

Paste is made with ABS scrapes and acetone.  Not sure about the mixture ratio, you could find out from some of the experts around these parts. 

Anyway, that's what I would do to fix the cracks.  As far as making them wider or bigger to fit your arms, you may have to buy some bigger ones. 

Thanks for the info,  its not that my arms are too big, its that the RS prop shoulder bells are VERY thin. I couldnt see these fitting anyone. Ive also seen smaller RS owners having to stretch their shoulder bells

I've never handled that armor, but I fully understand what you are talking about. It's good to know and maybe removing some of the return edge may work but you may want to check and see if that will get to centurion. .... if you are shooting for that level.

Either way, good luck with the rest of your build and let us know what you do about the shoulder bell issue. I'm interested in finding out what you do with it.

Yes, they are not a requriment for approval, I removed all on my shoulders...although I would recommend keeping the return edges as much as possible on other armor pieces as it gives the armor a sence of thickness...and while on the subject, return edges are NOT allowed on the wrist if you go for Centurion and it`s not very comfortable so I´d say remove them anyways:duim:

Edited by jedha-trooper
spelling
  • Like 1

Your first priority is fixing the cracks. Use ABS paste or the superglue and t-shirt method, then trim the return edges to a minimum.

To make your bells wider, you need to heat them up with a heat gun. I would wedge something inside to open them up (wooden stick or similar) and gently heat them up until they stay the shape you want them. This may take a while to do so be patient and take your time. Wedging a stick longer than you need inside the bells will make it easier to get them the size you need, since the plastic will want to go back to it's original shape when you remove the stick. If all else fails, my bells are much wider than the RS bells and my ABS is a good match too, but try and work with your bells first.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for the help.  

I seemed to have resolved the problem.  I cut off almost all of the return edge on the bells, which cut passed the cracks. The cracks are gone with no more repair required.

This also fixes my bending problem, as the bells are much more flexible with out the return edge

I'll post pictures later

• Like 2

Armor still in progress,  but heres a pic of some test fitting.  

I noticed that my arm movement is very limited and ive seen storm troopers fit into their armor much better.   It seems like the problems are coming from the biceps blocking the forearms from moving freely. Anyone have any fixes? 

The thing is, im 6'3 and ive been Trying to cut everything as long as possible...

kfcrlsv.jpg

Edited by Rikileitr

You need to trim out the scoops on the inner forearms. I usually cut mine at 210mm from the wrist and I hang them 25mm from the bicep to the lower part of the scoop. This keeps the forearms up tight against the biceps and reduces pinching. Use 50mm wide black elastic and fix it just off centre inside the forearm. This adds a bit of cushioning and again helps reduce pinching and is also screen accurate.

wPRcraU.jpg

9 hours ago, troopermaster said:

You need to trim out the scoops on the inner forearms. I usually cut mine at 210mm from the wrist and I hang them 25mm from the bicep to the lower part of the scoop. This keeps the forearms up tight against the biceps and reduces pinching. Use 50mm wide black elastic and fix it just off centre inside the forearm. This adds a bit of cushioning and again helps reduce pinching and is also screen accurate.

wPRcraU.jpg

Thanks! What about the return edge, after i cut that out? Should i be worried about creating a new return edge?

Thanks for the help, I still have to make some trimming adjustments on my arms, but i finally attached the shoulder to the bicep, and it already fits much better.   I'm currently working on the Ab/kidney and posterior.  What ive noticed is that the 3 back pieces are supposed to be pretty close together, if not touching, but mine seem like they will be several inches apart.  I am a tall guy, but im not THAT tall, and i've seen people in Anovos, much taller than me, make it work.  Is there anything i can do to decrease these gaps? 

I also can't seem to find any taller troopers build threads.  Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction