CableGuy's RWA ANH Stormtrooper build (#cleared#) - target...Centurion

CableGuy

Hi all.

I’ve always found that my ankle movement is limited when kitted up. I have a popper at the back and Velcro at the front to prevent twisting, however too much ankle movement could force the popper to un-pop.
So, I decided to experiment with a Velcro method/ bra hook method hybrid. (“The CableGuy Method” Patent pending, lol)

Essentially it’s 1” elastic with Velcro either end. Seems to flex nicely when walking around the house. Branded Velcro so it’s very strong.

I spent a couple of hours with the shins and boots on, just doing bits around the house. Seems to give just the right amount of flex but always reposition where they should.

Any thoughts welcomed. :-)

2ba5be9129584f9edaa954f2a75bb543.jpg

cff4e32c098c69f028414bcf975eddb2.jpg

As a side note, I finally sewed some patches to my apparel.

Here’s a great one dedicated to the UKG founder, Graham Campbell.

736c616dbf2455af2d3a8be6a33ef463.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before the patent goes through I’d like to steal this idea and obviously call it my own when asked so I want to make sure I’ve got it right. Is the snap involved in any of this? It’s just good elastic with good Velcro and it’s holds well? Even in the spot you have it the bottom half still holds together when moving your ankle? I see it’s open a bit wasn’t sure if that was a before or after pic.

Before the patent goes through I’d like to steal this idea and obviously call it my own when asked so I want to make sure I’ve got it right. Is the snap involved in any of this? It’s just good elastic with good Velcro and it’s holds well? Even in the spot you have it the bottom half still holds together when moving your ankle? I see it’s open a bit wasn’t sure if that was a before or after pic.

Lol. We’ll just call it, “The Frank”. ;-)

It’s just genuine Velcro brand hook and eye, self adhesive, with 1inch white elastic. The popper is not part of this aspect as such, the popper in the picture is to connect to my boot to prevent the shins from twisting.

The picture showing ‘full flexed ankle’ is the most I could get it to open with ankle movement alone. As such, it just gives a little ankle leeway, but returns to a nice closed position afterwards. :-)

A full troop will tell me how successful this method is, long term. Seems good for the couple of hours I tested last night around the house. Fingers crossed. :-)

Hi all.

I’ve always found that my ankle movement is limited when kitted up. I have a popper at the back and Velcro at the front to prevent twisting, however too much ankle movement could force the popper to un-pop.
So, I decided to experiment with a Velcro method/ bra hook method hybrid. (“The CableGuy Method” Patent pending, lol)

Essentially it’s 1” elastic with Velcro either end. Seems to flex nicely when walking around the house. Branded Velcro so it’s very strong.

I spent a couple of hours with the shins and boots on, just doing bits around the house. Seems to give just the right amount of flex but always reposition where they should.

Any thoughts welcomed. :-)

2ba5be9129584f9edaa954f2a75bb543.jpg

cff4e32c098c69f028414bcf975eddb2.jpg

As a side note, I finally sewed some patches to my apparel.

Here’s a great one dedicated to the UKG founder, Graham Campbell.

736c616dbf2455af2d3a8be6a33ef463.jpg

Before the patent goes through I’d like to steal this idea and obviously call it my own when asked so I want to make sure I’ve got it right. Is the snap involved in any of this? It’s just good elastic with good Velcro and it’s holds well? Even in the spot you have it the bottom half still holds together when moving your ankle?

Thanks. My shin is a bit small I’d like to put something is as extra security this looks like an easy addition.

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing some other cool videos today, I thought I’d stick this on here.

I mentioned on another platform that I’d managed to get kitting up, solo, to under 10 minutes. Well, this prompted a challenge to make a video of kit up, kit down and box up.

Although the GoPro didn’t like the artificial light, so apologies for the poor video quality, I did it and here is the result....

• Like 5

That's impressive, Dan!  Armor is looking good! 

I do not yet have the confidence to broadcast me struggling through my kitting-up. :P  And, I can't seem to get my second arm on without help - well, to be honest I don't think I have even tried. 

I like the idea of using a strap for the amp.  My electronics are attached to the armor, so I have some fiddling around with wires when I put my helmet on - which I also need a second pair of hands for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

That's impressive, Dan!  Armor is looking good! 

I do not yet have the confidence to broadcast me struggling through my kitting-up. :P  And, I can't seem to get my second arm on without help - well, to be honest I don't think I have even tried. 

I like the idea of using a strap for the amp.  My electronics are attached to the armor, so I have some fiddling around with wires when I put my helmet on - which I also need a second pair of hands for.

Cheers Greg. Just such a shame I forgot to put my arms in reach whilst kitting up. Don’t like seeing that popper loose at the back. 

Of course, at a troop a spotter or fellow trooper could have easily spotted and assisted with that. For me, the cat was the only one around at the time and he doesn’t help out much with things like this. ;-)

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wook1138 said:

Very nice, Dan!

8 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Looks like it was meant to be there

Thanks guys. Really pleased with them. :-)

Wow! That’s awesome!:jc_doublethumbup: Just perfect :duim:
I have a plan for how to display mine more properly as well but that’s a ”slow-burner” 

Thanks, Daniel. Not quite as impressive as your trooper room. ;-)

40 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Thanks, Daniel. Not quite as impressive as your trooper room. ;-)

Naah, yours is just as good:salute: although I am missing a fully displayed TK, I’m sure you can squeeze it in there somewere:D

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
Really like the armor. Great job and looks sweet. Almost feels like one actually might succeed doing it oneself ^^

Thank you, kind sir. I’m sure you’ll achieve your Trooper dream, just stay positive and ask away with any questions. We were all new to this at some stage. :-)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Dan,

thank you sooo much for posting your detailed build. It has been/is incredibly helpful and is giving me the confidence to just dive into my ANH Stunt armor build. I am also going for Centurion level and have been building very slowly trying to make sure everything is perfect. Thanks again .

Dan,
thank you sooo much for posting your detailed build. It has been/is incredibly helpful and is giving me the confidence to just dive into my ANH Stunt armor build. I am also going for Centurion level and have been building very slowly trying to make sure everything is perfect. Thanks again .

No worries, James. I’m really pleased that it’s helpful. I’ll keep an eye on your build thread and help if I can. :-)

3 hours ago, CableGuy said:

No worries, James. I’m really pleased that it’s helpful. I’ll keep an eye on your build thread and help if I can. :-)

Lol, It’s Brian, but I’ve been called a lot worse. Thanks Dan

• Like 1