Microphone - Icomm and Aker setup

Hi, I have an Icomm and Aker, but I thinkt the microphone that came with the Aker is low quality. It cant pick up the sound without med talking very loud (I have turned the white stripe correctly). Does anyone have good experience with other types of microphones, that works better than the one from Aker? I live in Denmark, so a european vendor would be preferable. 

Best regards and thanks in advance

Martin

Just make sure you are talking into the right side of the microphone, one side is louder than the other. Also make sure it is facing directing to your mouth,  not on side.

• Like 1

Yes, I've found that the mic that comes with the Aker amp is very directional. You have to have it oriented correctly and literally sitting on your lower lip for it to work properly. To ensure my mic is properly placed I have to hold the mic steady between my teeth when I'm getting my helmet on, then push it into the correct spot with the tip of my tongue. If you can find an omnidirectional mic (should be able to find one on Amazon) that plugs into a 3.5mm jack, that might work better for you.

I have to agree. I do the same thing. It works great sitting tight against bottom lip. The omnidirectional mics can go off easily with fan noise or someone getting in your grill, so to speak. Good Luck straightening your amp out.