TKC WIP for SL13770

DTCorvus

Great progress so far. Except for glove ripping:blink:

Not sure if you're aware but belt is on the narrow side compared to the normal 3" width. Mine is 2 1/4" wide. 

Keep the updates coming Commander!:duim:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
So i clicked on this because i am trying to cut down the fan vibration in my bucket. I am thinking of Hot gluing them in. did you ever get it figured out in your bucket?

It was suggested that I hot glue it in, I just haven’t done it yet. I do know that when I added the switch and it’s plate it did cut down on the vibration a bit. Now we are having an armor party on the 4th so I will have a whole bunch of updates after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, DTCorvus said:

It was suggested that I hot glue it in, I just haven’t done it yet. I do know that when I added the switch and it’s plate it did cut down on the vibration a bit. Now we are having an armor party on the 4th so I will have a whole bunch of updates after that.

cool, thanks for your response. these helmet electronics are for sure not my area. I might just bight the bullet and order the mounting bracket from @ukswrath

13 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

So i clicked on this because i am trying to cut down the fan vibration in my bucket. I am thinking of Hot gluing them in. did you ever get it figured out in your bucket?

11 hours ago, DTCorvus said:

3 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

cool, thanks for your response. these helmet electronics are for sure not my area. I might just bight the bullet and order the mounting bracket from @ukswrath

Have you guys tried industrial velcro? I use it in all my helmets, with and without the bracket, works great for vibration isues. With my cooling bracket system adding the foam also helps to eliminate vibration issues. 

35 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Have you guys tried industrial velcro? I use it in all my helmets, with and without the bracket, works great for vibration isues. With my cooling bracket system adding the foam also helps to eliminate vibration issues. 

yes that's what I have holding them in right now. the problem I am seeing is that the fans don't make enough contact with surface area. I think with the bracket they will sit against a flat surface and that will mount inside the helmet. My only worry with the bracket is getting my head in. its a tight squeeze if I have my fans anywhere other than the Hovi area or just under the mouth

I will try that, thanks.

• 1 month later...

So we here in the NorthBay Squad of the Golden Gate Garrison had an armor party back on the 4th of Aug and I was able to get some work done on my TKC. This was my first 501st armor party and it was a pretty laid back experience. My armor wasn’t as far along as one of the others at the party but I was able to ask questions as I cut out my pieces. I was able to get about 95% of my armor cut out and the rest I have cut out since then at home.
Here are some of my resent pictures of my progress

New gloves
CWXRRXV.jpg

Now from my last post I reported that the Anovos gloves ripped on me. So I went to Amazon and found a pair of black chemical resistant black glove. These gloves have a nice heft to them and feel more durable then the originals.

xza579w.jpg

As pictured I tried Flex Glue as a way to adhere my rubber backhands to my gloves. Well it was a total success!!! Only time will tell on how durable it is but it stuck as claimed. So for those looking to glue any rubber or latex back hands to their rubber gloves rubber infused CA glue and Flex Glue work.

tWfGCIx.jpg

0n3pFnd.jpg

So during the armor party I was able to get all but 4 parts cut out. I’m thankful for Craig Gaylord’s help with how and where to cut my Anovos armor. Also a big shout out goes to Keith Waechtler who was helping everyone who needed it. Also he learned to use an electric orbital sander, which he has never before ever used in his life.

Here is my Ab section.
cYuQfet.jpg

As you can see I had to add a section under where the button row goes. Since the TKC has 5 button and not 4 like a standard TK, the custom buttons I made wouldn’t fit properly. Also as you can see I put the center button section on in the reverse.

Omg there are two of them... my TD’s.
icdNBf6.jpg

Thanks to Sskunky when I purchased the proper RotJ TD/O2 canister panel he included some extra pieces. So with these extra pieces I was able to build 2 TD’s. I just have to make the clips for the second one and I will have two...just in case.

These are the newest updates to me build. My next task is to start sanding and getting rid of the return edges that aren’t suppose to be there.

Looking good Tom. Sorry I wasn't able to make it to the party, on a positive note my shop is open most weekends if you want to come by and build some armor together. 

• Like 1

Looking good Tom. Sorry I wasn't able to make it to the party, on a positive note my shop is open most weekends if you want to come by and build some armor together. 

That’s not a problem that you weren’t able to make it. Where are you located so that I may take you up on that offer?

• 3 weeks later...

I have had these done just after my last post. So here are my two TD/O2 canisters. Now I just need to make up a couple of the clips so that I will be able to use both of them depending on the situation. The one in the left is the one I got from CFO that is the centurion level and the right is the Anovos. I have got some scrap aluminum and soon should have these ready to be weathered.2effd88d6f5b856e3e556a6ee9be9097.jpg