Using Dropbox instead of Photobucket

Right click the image in your local Dropbox folder and choose "Copy Dropbox link" and change ?dl=0 to ?raw=1 at the end of the URL. Now it'll embed.

Now, how do you replace 100 pictures in a thread quickly on THIS forum?

- Click on edit post

- Right click image placeholder and choose "Open image in new tab" (This is in Chrome. IE or Firefox may differ)

- Go to new tab (this will be Photobucket) and save image from new tab into the local Dropbox folder you want to use

- Keep the Dropbox folder open (I recommend viewing files in detail view and ordering by "date created" so the current image is always at the top)

- Right click saved image and choose "Copy Dropbox link"

- Return to forum post and backspace to delete image in forum post

- Click "Insert other media (bottom right) and choose "Insert image from URL"

- Paste URL and change ?dl=0 to ?raw=1 at the end of the URL 

- Repeat

This may sound difficult, but once you get into a groove it takes about 10 seconds an image.

This saves you from having to download your whole Photobucket en masse, an trying to figure out what images were where. It is also way easier than uploading to a new image hosting service and running through the process of getting the new image URL for each.

Feel free to copy and paste this to any forum anywhere . . . I don't mind.

Vaya con Dark Side.

Danny Steinberg

TK 66668

Canadian Garrison

• Like 3

Sorry it's "Open image in new tab".

This is in Chrome, I'm not sure what it might say in IE or Firefox.  If you discover what the equivalent is, please let me know and I'll add it to the OP.

I'm using IE and those options are not able to be accessed, they are in the menu but disabled.

Greetings Commandant and Detachment Officers,

Due to Photobucket fiasco, if we already gotten our Centurion and EIB status, do we have to fix the photos in the Centurion or EIB request threads to maintain our Centurion or EIB status?  Just checking.

Thanks,

Hubert

1 hour ago, MechaPumpkin said:

I am not the DO, but I'm going to say no. Absolutely not. That's crazy talk.

I am a noobie here.  I know nothing about nothing.  That's why I ask.  I hope the leadership or the rule interpreter says no need as well.  (i.e. once you got your EIB or Centurion you are them for life or until your costume is broken or sold to other party)

Anyone using IMGUR and now having an issue with both previously posted photos and trying to add new ones? Nothing has changed that I can see since it was working late last week - my album on the IMGUR site is still there, the URL links for the pictures work fine when I type them into a new browser.  Could there be a glitch here on FISD?  I saw the same issue on a couple of other posts that were using IMGUR to host.