Hans's RS Propmaster Stormtrooper

hudel123

Hello everybody,

I started with my first stormtrooper armor build some time ago. Parts are prepared and and now I reached the Point of assembling of the Parts. At the moment I assembled the Chest and back parts together. The front view looks like this: 

35363951680_f19e21418d.jpg

I feel the front looks good. But when I switch to the side it seems that the amor is a little bit long, maybe about 1-2 cm.

35363963730_32ed3387c1.jpg

Would you shorten this and how could I do it? Shoulder and neck is comfortable for me so I wouldn't change there. First idea was to shorten the thighs but when I have a look on the Picture I feel I have to cut the abdomen behind the chest plate and try to rebuild the return for strapping.

So far, so good. When I look to the armor from behind... uh, oh,... Good knows why we have no eyes backwards...:smiley-sw013:

35620071341_7703710ffe.jpg

I mean, I'm surely fat but this... looks like the Death Star himself :smiley-sw013:...

At the first look it seems that the OII- back armor is not plain at it's below end so that I have to trim it (?). In this case I could shorten the armor on the back on this Point, too.

The other question (and maybe not only on the second look :laugh1:) is how do I get this kidney armor in a regular shape.

It would be very helpful and highly appreciated from my side, when you could leave your thoughts, tips, crude facts and comments to my so far build.

Thank's in advance and with unquestioned loyalty

ID29107

Hi Hans, to me it looks like your rear section back/kidney/butt are all sitting to far up your body, what is the current gap you have between your chest and back plate across the shoulders ?? should at least be around 50 mm you can mock this up with duct tape.
check the photo below for alignment example the kidney plate will nearly always pull in with your belt as well, additional gap can be dealt with using shims mate.

would take a look at thighs when the main body is sorted as they may not need any adjustment 

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Chopper857 said:

Hi Hans, to me it looks like your rear section back/kidney/butt are all sitting to far up your body, what is the current gap you have between your chest and back plate across the shoulders ?? should at least be around 50 mm you can mock this up with duct tape.
check the photo below for alignment example the kidney plate will nearly always pull in with your belt as well, additional gap can be dealt with using shims mate.

would take a look at thighs when the main body is sorted as they may not need any adjustment 

Hmm,... interesting. I checked the gap between chest and backplate on the "Shoulderstraps" and it was been 40mm. I opened it up again and went to 50mm on both sides. Now it looks like this:

34954993413_9eae1e1232.jpg

35633153551_f62f0f20b0.jpg

35723845386_c6f481d764.jpg

35723849276_ec4b45d498.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures and the shorts but it is hot and they are at least black :laugh1:... I think now I have:

- The length of the front side is ok now.

- The back seems to be a little short furthermore.

- I have a hole between backplate and my back. Is this ok?

Personally I think I could form the Shoulder straps of the OII-Platte a litte bit so that this comes down a bit. This would close the hole and bring this piece and the whole back parts a little bit down. at the moment shoulder stripes on the OII Plate is horizontal and therefore I thought it have to rest on my shoulders.

When I also open the distance between kidney and posterior Armor I could win again some length.

What do you think about that?

Hi there, things are looking a lot better in terms of placement , I think your good to move forward as it is, once the clamps are off the OII plate will sit better try a test fit wearing your under suit or some cheap compression leggings as for gaps at the back you should be ok at this stage  I think shims will be required on the sides of he kidney plate to gain EIB And centurion but just check the crls. Are you using the original strapping sysytem ?? ( brackets and elastics) 

• Like 1

Hi Chopper, Thank's for your tips.

Are you using the original strapping sysytem ?? ( brackets and elastics)

--> Yes, at the moment I use this. Could there be a Problem with that?

Also have a look at crickets and fragarocks builds good solid info on alterations 

--> Crickets build  is I follow at the moment. I will look for fragarocks, too. Thank you.

No problem with the original strapping method it's what I used (got to re add my photos to build thread due to photobucket). With that system I was able to play around with the sizes of the elastic loops just for a little bit more adjustment 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the feedback.

This said, here is my actual Status:

The front view:

36485283941_698ff0287f.jpg

At the moment I didn't fix the arms to the shoulders. The biceps armor will move a little bit up so that I'm able to put my helm on without any external help :).

View from the left side:

35788105394_bc0dac64b4.jpg

I feel comfortable with it. Do anybody see something I missed?

The back view:

36485281321_f71cb97720.jpg

View from the right side:

35813919803_3f630da32f.jpg

Here I think I have a Problem on the Back armor. It seems that it reaches a little bit outside the rest of the shape at the hips when I walk. I could add a part of an additional elastic stripe to prevent that. What do you think.

Another question: Would it been allowed for 501st aprovment to set a marking on the armor like seen sometimes from other armies. I think about my ID in Aurabesh Font on the left breast or at the left shoulder bell... I've seen tha also in some Star Wars pictures but not in the Movies...

Now last but not least: an action shoot:

36485279061_c89451cd46.jpg

And now I realize what I've forgot... the gloves with the handguards... layed on the desc next to me. Next time I wear them.

• Like 1