"Aren't you a little tall for a stormtrooper?"

I've been trolling the various 501st forums for a while now, debating on whether I should make Scout or Shock armor first. While reading about the various armor kits for Shock armor I've noticed a lot of people have mentioned height ranges, but most of them have been from the 5'8" to 5'11" range. I'm sitting at 6'2" and a lean 190 pounds. I'm not worried about the circumference, but I would really like to have a decent height proportion, and not look like I tried to borrow a Palpatine's Youth uniform or something.

Anyone around my height range, or know if the TE2 armor would do well with that height? is there another armorer that makes armor for that range?

Your good with accurate armor for your size. Come on over to Michigan, we have a large group of TKs all over 6'2" with the tallest pushing 6'8". I'm 6'2" also.

I'm 6'4" and have the standard FX kit. I am in process of assembly, but all the upper pieces fit quite nicely. I am still trying to figure out how to best make the thighs and shins look just right with my boots without the look of "trooping through a flood" :rolleyes:

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but if any tall troopers have some pics of your overall armor fit, especially the legs, it would be helpful to me and might help Derek with his choice.

Here's a pic of me at the TRU Midnight Madness, I just sag my ab piece down so that the thighs don't have the unsightly gap. Also, my boots are built so that they rest higher up that other TK's.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to say thanks for the thread.

I'm at 6'2 and 210lbs (with a margin of error).

Is FX still recommended?

Your the perfect size for RT out of the box, but any armor can be modded to fit any body type. I'm about the same size and I'm working on accurate armor, and currently have FX armor.

Just wanted to say thanks for the thread.

I'm at 6'2 and 210lbs (with a margin of error).

Is FX still recommended?

Seems like you are about the same size as me. I have FX right now, and it fits good with only minor shims and adjustments. I'm looking to RT for my next suit, when the time comes.

CMANavy was 6'4", 240lbs, and managed to make TE(2) armor work for him, so it really is all about fitting it.

I'm 6'0 - the only downside really is the shins. The differences between all makers for shins is miniscule in length and they'll all be too short. Phillip's solution is the best I've seen so far, but I'd really prefer one of those guys starts making longer shins, and perhaps even thighs. The rest of the armor (all makes) scales really well (I've owned FX, RT, and TE2 shins).

As Terrell says - all will work, some just take a little more work to "work" than others ;-)

Sentinel said:
Here's a pic of me at the TRU Midnight Madness, I just sag my ab piece down so that the thighs don't have the unsightly gap. Also, my boots are built so that they rest higher up that other TK's.

---------------

Looks like you have the same get up as me. Did you have any problem with the belt position in the back? Looking at ANH ref the belt should ride over the kidney plate. Mine is riding over the butt with the seam at the top of the belt. It's because I cut my Cod and extended my ab. Now my belt is riding way too low.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 4 weeks later...

I clock in at 6-02, and I don't have too many issues with my ANH kit. I'm still trying to dial in the legs, but I think that I've found a good compromise. I'm still waiting for the inevitable crack about my height... lol