TK-69937 Requesting Centurion Status ANH-Stunt (Anovos) [343]

Name: Jay Piazza

Legion ID: TK-69937

Forum Name: Heavy Metal

Garrison: Dune Sea Garrison

501st Member Page:http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=21273&costumeID=124

EIB LINK:

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 205

Armor maker: Anovos

Helmet maker: Anovos

Blaster: Scratch built

Canvas Belt: Kittle

Holster: Darman

Internal Strapping: TK-1636

Hand Plates: JustJoseph63

Boots maker: TK Boots/Size 11

Neckseal: Anovos

FRONT_zpsbueqefts.jpg

REAR_zpsxd040v34.jpg

LEFT_zpsugl8kng7.jpg

RIGHT_zpsnuvbvgkb.jpg

RIGHT_CLOSE_zpspby4ousj.jpg

LEFT_CLOSE_zpsoaf6tmyl.jpg

Boots_zpsxqxswomg.jpg

SNIPER_zpsrytop7pr.jpg

SNIPER_PROF_zpsfkrgs2kl.jpg

AMMO_zpsirgtiprr.jpg

AMMO_INNER_zpszompbmse.jpg

BELT_zpsif9tjjia.jpg

HOLSTER_zpsmuattrjl.jpg

BELT_INSIDE_zpsmz37xc8x.jpg

COD_zps4qgy86x7.jpg

COD_STRAP_zpsbo3jb0du.jpg

AB_DETAIL_zpst0wyik9m.jpg

INNER_STRAP_zpseprkuy4b.jpg

SHOULDER_zpse5rdnklh.jpg

TD_zps8atyg9fd.jpg

TD_REAR_zpszoqfcvdg.jpg

FOREARM_zpsqkza09mt.jpg

HANDPLATE_zpsbltbm79n.jpg

BUCKET_FRONT_zpsfmuqqeii.jpg

BUCKET_LEFT_zpsvx6wzbg9.jpg

BUCKET_REAR_zpspiasufw9.jpg

BUCKET_RIGHT_zpsmbwbzirh.jpg

BUCKET_LENS_zpsvgcn79r8.jpg

MICTIPS_zpsczxdzs2a.jpg

COLLAR_zpsy67kqvpm.jpg

Gasket_zpshnxh0klo.jpg

E11a_zpsgdoegiom.jpeg

E11b_zpsozo7x3bl.jpeg

E11c_zpsyqd9mymk.jpeg

E11d_zpsudak7dvs.jpeg

E11e_zps7eea5gwc.jpeg

E11f_zpstrernkhx.jpeg

right%20arm%20fixed_zpsvsbqh9bo.png

right arm trimed

right%20arm_zpsz3vfojcw.png

shoulderbells%20front_zps8hv4qqgb.png

Shoulder bells moved closer to cover strap

kidney%20shim%20leftside_zps4ofh8jdo.jpg

rightside%20%20kidney%20shim_zpsemwjvqra

leftside%20kidney%20shim_zpsgr8ffrus.jpg

made a new batch of ABS paste, filled seam and sanded. also evened up the line under the belt.

• Like 1

SUPER nice job on both the armor and blaster, Jay!  You may need to move the shoulder bells in a bit, and it looks like the top of your right forearm may need a little trim at the join, but that may just be the angle of the photo.   Good luck, sir, and I'm sure we will see that Centurion badge under you name soon!  :jc_doublethumbup:

28ODjCL.jpg?2

• Like 1

Looks awesome It fits you so well how did you manage to get the thighs on so perfect and lined up to the cover strip. I too have anovos armor but I'm 5'10 180 lbs and the thighs seem super tight. Did you have to add material. I'm doing the legs last for that reason. Also I noticed you trimmed one of  your shoulder bells. Was that because they were too tight? I fill like my shoulders pop out too much. I feel like I need to open them up wider. Sorry for so many questions. 

6 hours ago, Jebby10 said:

Looks awesome It fits you so well how did you manage to get the thighs on so perfect and lined up to the cover strip. I too have anovos armor but I'm 5'10 180 lbs and the thighs seem super tight. Did you have to add material. I'm doing the legs last for that reason. Also I noticed you trimmed one of  your shoulder bells. Was that because they were too tight? I fill like my shoulders pop out too much. I feel like I need to open them up wider. Sorry for so many questions. 

My thighs are held on with an adjustable belt that you can't see that's what keeps my thighs in place really well, it's alot better then attaching them with snaps to the ab plate, the shoulder Bells are held on by the elastic that's tighter around my bicep hook so that way it keeps it shaped better

• Like 1

Hi Jay

Shoulder bell fix is great, but I think you may need to add some more ABS paste and sand and polish the side shims a bit more. It still looks like you have two seam lines and for the CRL it does state

*A single visible seam line is present

Also looks like there is a bit that can be trimmed off the bottom of the rivet side shim

If this is just a bad reflection in the photo, please take another shot and post it up, otherwise get to work :P. You are looking awesome and are so close you can almost touch it.

LEFT_CLOSE_zpsoaf6tmyl.jpg

The ABS paste i have turnd to a yellowish tint when it drys,  will that matter if i fill the seam and sand it and theirs a light hint of a  yellowish line??

Edited by Heavy Metal
Typo

I took the photos... there is one seam, the lines are shadow and reflection mainly because he was standing against a dark wall and I had a sliding glass door behind me.  I know we have a couple troops coming up, so perhaps I can meet up with Jay this weekend or at the hospital troop on Monday.

Cheers

Hi Jay

Is it the same ABS your armour was built from?  different batches will always have a slightly different colour, so maybe you can ask any troopers close by if they have any scraps left and experiment with mixing a little and allowing it to dry on a piece of cardboard to see if it also yellows.

How much of a colour difference is it, very or only minor?

I found you!!!! 

Good luck mister! Great job! I was so excited to hear that you submitted for Centurion!!!  

Woohoo! That's SO awesome!!!! Thank you for letting me know you finally did it! Eek!

On 7/11/2017 at 4:40 PM, Sly11 said:

Hi Jay

Is it the same ABS your armour was built from?  different batches will always have a slightly different colour, so maybe you can ask any troopers close by if they have any scraps left and experiment with mixing a little and allowing it to dry on a piece of cardboard to see if it also yellows.

How much of a colour difference is it, very or only minor?

It's a mixture of Anovos and my old FX armor plastic abs paste that I have is about a year old that might be why it's yellowing or it's from the FX armor I will post a picture up here of the color difference

That my friend is much better. Sorry I haven't gotten to this yet, have been away on a work conference and now down with the Flu. Wont be too much longer I promise.

• Like 1

Welcome back Jay. Thank you for your Centurion application, and your efforts in modifying it to spec.

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required submission photos are present. It's was well worth the little extra work there to get this award. Thank you for making the corrections as suggested by myself during your EIB application. Tony and I are proud  are delighted to say your armor meets all the elements as set out in the Centurion CRL.  Congratulate and welcome  to the Centurion rank.      :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:   

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we may mention any additional adjustments needed to enhance the overall armor appearance, but we don't have anything to add.

Very tidy build, carry on Centurion:salute: