JenEyre's WTF ANH TK Build

jeneyre

E6000 will not work. Neither will superglue or Gorilla glue. It will not hold the silicone to the rubber. You need a glue many of us use called Loctite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I have the just Joseph plates with fabric backing -i thought I read somewhere he said the e6000 would work.

Ahh, then that should work since he has the fabric on there. The silicone plates that don’t have that fabric backing will not stick using E6000.

Whew!

7 hours ago, Bud Spaklur said:

E6000 will not work. Neither will superglue or Gorilla glue. It will not hold the silicone to the rubber. You need a glue many of us use called Loctite.

Actually it depends what silicone hand guards they are, I have had 3 from different vendors and each one needed a different glue, I've used E6000, superglue and Sikaflex silicon. So try on a small section before fully gluing.

• Like 1

Looking great Jen!!:duim:

While you wait for approval paint the left side rivets;)

Can't wait to see it in person. We'll bust Leia together! I'll even let you slap on the cuff's Rookie.

• Like 1

Looking great Jen!!:duim:

While you wait for approval paint the left side rivets

Can't wait to see it in person. We'll bust Leia together! I'll even let you slap on the cuff's Rookie.

07a151725a95737f9c873df993d2f85b.jpg

Oops! That was yesterday's picture! I did paint those rivets!

Can't wait to troop! I'll pack my cuffs

• Like 1

Congratulations! Spray paint a white Imperial cog on that dog of yours!

He's got his Darth Vader collar on .

These are not the pan head screws, right?
c33e90d1a45363c3f2502f0f3bf610be.jpg

d93177367fcdcb331ba376e3fc2874bb.jpg

And I know I need to add the d ring to my hyperfirm e11. I'm assuming I drill out the hole. Do I then cut the d ring? Any tips for where on it? Also need to repaint the d ring.

e9b1cd83a9241007990779f7c7d58862.jpg

These are pan heads, they have the curved sides, required for L2 

QpFvuKD.jpg

bG0rU8w.png?1    

Drill holes a little way in housing, cut D ring to same depth of the holes, open D ring with pliers enough so you can fit in both ends, then bend straight so it’s now held in place.

This thread should help https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26946-hand-forged-d-rings-for-an-e-11-possibly/

Or this https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20592-d-ring-onto-hyperfirm/

Jen- Do not still any holes. You simply need to cut the D-Ring right around where I marked. Maybe slightly wider- you can just line it up on the bag of the blaster and see where you need to cut. A metal cutting wheel on a rotary tool will do the trick. I don’t have a vise so I held onto the one end using a pair of pliers. You may find that you will need to slightly bend the metal ring open to fit onto the back of the blaster, but then you simply clamp it back shut. I did this just about a month or so ago. Very easy.dbd26a2d55b9a9020399a35f229ac2f5.jpg&key=5530dcb460a20b84d1b7627fc9fff65d3e7cc7bf208eb3771710fa8585e2acdd

Perfect! Thank you!

Looks great, Jen!!!  Way to go!!!:jc_doublethumbup:

The only thing I noticed that you may want to look at is the drop box on your left side.  The right side drop box lines up correctly.  The left one seems to be positioned inside a little too much.  It should be lined up with the end of the plastic belt.  See pic below.  

45481447504_d8321db2a8_o.jpg

That's just an EIB issue, though!  And you certainly look like that's where you're going next, right?  ;)  Nice work, trooper!

• Like 1

Oh, a few more suggestions for you!

The back plate looks like it's overlapping a bit on the bottom when you've got your arms down.  You could easily remedy this by bringing up the back plate.  You'd need to trim at the back plate neck line and on the shoulder tabs on the back.  And you might need to hot water bath the bottom side ends of the back plate once it's been raised in order for the bottom of the back to meet the curve at the top of the kidney.  

I noticed that your knee ammo pack slipped down in one of the pics.  Be sure to add a drop or two of e6000 on the ammo pack in order to secure it at the thigh.  I had to do that to all of my builds! :) 

• Like 1

We are on the same page, here Cricket. I pmd Jen the same thing regarding the left drop box. I also asked about the COD because I was going to suggest she have two snaps if she didn’t already.

I've got the two snaps
c048e06d4125f2a40757600e49e9936d.jpg

And my higher level gloves are ready to go.

796551dc9005e4b1cd37dcf32e574357.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, a few more suggestions for you!

The back plate looks like it's overlapping a bit on the bottom when you've got your arms down.  You could easily remedy this by bringing up the back plate.  You'd need to trim at the back plate neck line and on the shoulder tabs on the back.  And you might need to hot water bath the bottom side ends of the back plate once it's been raised in order for the bottom of the back to meet the curve at the top of the kidney.  

I noticed that your knee ammo pack slipped down in one of the pics.  Be sure to add a drop or two of e6000 on the ammo pack in order to secure it at the thigh.  I had to do that to all of my builds!  

Great idea on the knee ammo pack!

I'm thinking my back overlap issue is coming from the snaps I installed that hook on my shoulder harness.I need to see if I'm happy with how everything feels when I wear it longer -if I change that snap position it might fix that overlap. If not, it may be back to the hot water bath for me !

I just can´t wrap my head around this pic. it totally looks like the outside of the posterior plate but it is the inside, right?

"your eyes can deceive you..don´t trust them":smiley-sw013:

1 hour ago, jeneyre said:

I've got the two snaps emoji16.png
c048e06d4125f2a40757600e49e9936d.jpg