Anovos question

The Centurion Stormtrooper Accuracy Set is just that, an accuracy kit, it has nothing to do with the Centurion level. Will it help you to earn the badge? Depends on if you build the armor correctly. The kit does not guarantee you a Centurion badge. The waist belt and hand guards are the only mandatory changes at Centurion outside of what Anovos already supplies.

That being said, Sly and myself have no problem telling applicants, or anyone else for that matter how much we dislike the internal velcro connecting straps, belt and some of the helmet details by Anovos. All of which we highly suggest updating for accuracy sake during approvals. Bottom line, the Trooper bay kit is a nice kit. If you have the $ it's not be a bad idea however, here on the FISD we also encourage DIY. 

Thanks a lot. I just thought that it might be a easy way to get all the needed supplies to improve accuracy and assist in centurion certification. I am new and this is my first build. I have been building costumes for a while but I have always wanted to join the 501st. Would you suggest just purchasing the items from the different dealers off your build page?

5 hours ago, trinity5614 said:

Thanks a lot. I just thought that it might be a easy way to get all the needed supplies to improve accuracy and assist in centurion certification. I am new and this is my first build. I have been building costumes for a while but I have always wanted to join the 501st. Would you suggest just purchasing the items from the different dealers off your build page?

It really depends on you and how much you're willing to do yourself. Noted suppliers/dealers on my build page are only for certain items, everything else I made myself ex. shoulder connecting straps. Everyone is different, some people like to just buy and install, others like to make it them selves. I personally like the satisfaction of doing everything myself, it's a pride thing. Knowing almost every aspect of the build was done with my own hands.

Do what you feel is within your build skills, or push yourself, either way we'll be here to help you regardless which avenue you take. ;)   

If you order a kit with no strapping already, it looks to be worth it. Everything is there and will cut down work on cutting / sewing traps and tracking pieces down.

For Anovos though, the majority of strapping can be re-used, would personally just  go w/ brackets from Mr. No Stripes, belt from Rob Kittel, and hand guards from justjoseph, snaps from Tandy.

Your call, if you use the brackets highly recommend reinforcing the Anovos return edges w/ scrap plastic before putting the brackets on.