Site or PhotoBucket

Mikeyg

3 hours ago, Retrodai said:

So the only way for pictures to come back is if the original poster updates it manually?

Correct they either have to pay Photobucket for the hosting and sharing OR use another host and manually change the links

9 hours ago, Retrodai said:

So the only way for pictures to come back is if the original poster updates it manually?

Great... I was really depending on

for encouragement doing my blaster, but that account hasn't been online since September last year :unsure:

Hi Henning, I received your PM regarding the broken links and will discuss this shortly with the other team members. We will find a solution to bring the photos back up again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

For anyone unaware Photobucket does have an option to download your images as one folder but you have to do this with each album you have. Go to your library, on the right side of the page under Share This Album there is another section Actions, download album link is there.

Not everyone has been affected as yet, but it's only a matter of time, it's hitting legion wide, unless you want to pay for Photobucket hosting save your photos, upload to another host and edit your photo links in posted threads.

I managed to move many of my Photobucket pics over to imgur, but found that it will not allow me to copy the ones I have edited there.  Glad to be rid of PB anyway, as it sometimes took up to 10 minutes to download or edit one photo.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 2:29 AM, CptCasey said:

So I did a little digging and figured out how to add photos from google photos. I 

right click on the photo you want to share

click on "copy image address"

when you paste the image address add "?.jpg? (yes include the actual question mark)

That's it. A tiny bit more work, but don't have to deal with photobucket. 

Hope this helps and pass the word around.

Can someone confirm that it works? It does not for me...

edit: this guide does not work. See later post.

I can confirm it works for me. 

Maybe I can clarify this a little bit.
1. go to google.com/photos, login and click on the photo you want to link (it should enlarge with a black background around it)
2. right click on and select "copy image address" (this is for chrome browser, phrasing for different browsers will be different)

3. Now in the forum, create you post or reply. Now to insert the picture into the post, click on the insert other media button on the lower right hand corner. Then select insert image from URL.

4. It will show you a box to put your url in. Paste the link you copied from google photos (control-v or right click and select paste)

5. it will be a long url with a bunch of letters and numbers (ie. https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kyNPWmhGKjrjjwCxeOeBd3Lg5Pe86GiLTXCpEU0hDnIV_pgo1I48hpPZgYF_AuYyuUmTmYFL13cGCiXfue2-bDgA6UAO55iDZaouGwG-y1WB9vgoeCSfn8ltmmWFv2KdSriYYnXOvj8qNoAXvoV8abIrybyB2CRLZmars-GfmbGl3c3P0UraajMIyPjGSkHyF7tWv4AwFCIPEJkDskOzvxhmh62TQJ1wmOunESCrZ_IvmeTEMJibKFwgJusvJC4xPCNJYFuUYBuvpEayFzKfq1wsqG-r4jNo62gff3SpLbpushXUnokqrwgBx5JSgsilerC6e2tTY7rOZeg-gclVGOBnk4-R-37Kk-LN301htIts4pUbcCDaayNi5Ed6EUmWkMrOQwpsl6ZtK1UAXjQh3ALEv65vZqArOSD9ORXO00bCXb6dQztQDWaNF6aY7-Bai2mzNBQSiE-nxP2uAoGVkq3wD1a4ecVHlQLfWOB99FfOelC9UYc0e0JFtlo1ZzL3NWWEmDLrgvIt_CvcjuzXwr4UM0Ao29PUv1etHBrsOKat5aNP4ov5EURaSRrO8LMCSo4PtBfslSgXM-rJPyXF8434Tb8e0C3gPnMMy9SbpwGwjQIgJw=w960-h540-no 

6. now add ?.jpg at the end of the url. Be sure to add the actual question mark. It should now look something like this. 
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kyNPWmhGKjrjjwCxeOeBd3Lg5Pe86GiLTXCpEU0hDnIV_pgo1I48hpPZgYF_AuYyuUmTmYFL13cGCiXfue2-bDgA6UAO55iDZaouGwG-y1WB9vgoeCSfn8ltmmWFv2KdSriYYnXOvj8qNoAXvoV8abIrybyB2CRLZmars-GfmbGl3c3P0UraajMIyPjGSkHyF7tWv4AwFCIPEJkDskOzvxhmh62TQJ1wmOunESCrZ_IvmeTEMJibKFwgJusvJC4xPCNJYFuUYBuvpEayFzKfq1wsqG-r4jNo62gff3SpLbpushXUnokqrwgBx5JSgsilerC6e2tTY7rOZeg-gclVGOBnk4-R-37Kk-LN301htIts4pUbcCDaayNi5Ed6EUmWkMrOQwpsl6ZtK1UAXjQh3ALEv65vZqArOSD9ORXO00bCXb6dQztQDWaNF6aY7-Bai2mzNBQSiE-nxP2uAoGVkq3wD1a4ecVHlQLfWOB99FfOelC9UYc0e0JFtlo1ZzL3NWWEmDLrgvIt_CvcjuzXwr4UM0Ao29PUv1etHBrsOKat5aNP4ov5EURaSRrO8LMCSo4PtBfslSgXM-rJPyXF8434Tb8e0C3gPnMMy9SbpwGwjQIgJw=w960-h540-no?.jpg

7. Now click insert into post.

8. Now you should have your picture like this
kyNPWmhGKjrjjwCxeOeBd3Lg5Pe86GiLTXCpEU0h

I hope this helps. 

Edited by CptCasey

Tried it and still didn't work, will stick with imgur, seems to be working ok for now.

ok...well ignore my previous posts. The image shows up on my computer (which is logged into my google account). When i view it from another computer (ie my wife's computer) the image doesn't show up. Looks like the image only show up when on a computer that is logged into your google account. Guess I'm going to imgur then. Was really hoping to use google as I enjoy their service and have more confidence in there support over the long haul. Wish we had the space to host all of our images in the forums themselves.

• 2 months later...

For the disappointed Photobucket users which had their images missing "thanks" to their new policy change, there seems to be a solution in the form of an add-on for Mozilla and Chrome which makes the Photobucket photos visible again:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=userprofile

On 9/22/2017 at 5:22 AM, jkno said:

For the disappointed Photobucket users which had their images missing "thanks" to their new policy change, there seems to be a solution in the form of an add-on for Mozilla and Chrome which makes the Photobucket photos visible again:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=userprofile

Outstanding!

Yeah, every time I see that image I have to quiet my utter rage...  I've done my best to update my own posts, but the build threads especially are just gutted, on ALL our forums, which is disastrous and frustrating.  Also when you realize that whiteamor has spoiled you and other detachments don't have near the wealth of build threads to begin with.  Curse Photobucket!  

On 9/22/2017 at 5:22 AM, jkno said:

THANK YOU.  

• 2 weeks later...