Site or PhotoBucket

Mikeyg

Looks like I may answer my own question.
Seems Photobucket may have ceased 3rd party hosting on accounts.

Bad timing maybe it's come as this place gets a make over.

Gutted! Really need my goto threads and their pics for guide with my WIP!!!

I hear you.  Thankfully you can drag/drop photos directly to posts now, which will make it far, far easier.

• Like 1

imgur.com and google photos are much more convenient for photos already.  Photobucket is extremely slow loading... gross!

edit: this guide does not work. See later post.

So I did a little digging and figured out how to add photos from google photos. I 

right click on the photo you want to share

click on "copy image address"

when you paste the image address add "?.jpg? (yes include the actual question mark)

That's it. A tiny bit more work, but don't have to deal with photobucket. 

Hope this helps and pass the word around.

Edited by CptCasey
  • Like 3

I'm trying to fix the broken photobucket links in my build thread. I moved the pictures to personal hosting, but I need to replace the url's in my posts. However, when I edit the post it shows the images directly and I can't see the original url it is pointing to. So I can't use a search/replace to fix the broken url. I already fixed my build thread on the pathfinders forum and there I can toggle between the html code and showing the pictures in edit mode. 

Can this be added to the edit post function? I need to see the original image url's or I'm not going to replace each image manually. 

6 minutes ago, ScaryGuy said:

I'm trying to fix the broken photobucket links in my build thread. I moved the pictures to personal hosting, but I need to replace the url's in my posts. However, when I edit the post it shows the images directly and I can't see the original url it is pointing to. So I can't use a search/replace to fix the broken url. I already fixed my build thread on the pathfinders forum and there I can toggle between the html code and showing the pictures in edit mode. 

Can this be added to the edit post function? I need to see the original image url's or I'm not going to replace each image manually. 

Click the "source" button in the top left corner of the reply window.

There was some changes in the editor behaviour between the old version and the new, and due to that the source button was for admins only because it bypassed the content parsing, which can be dangerous to allow for everyone. But I've installed some plugins that takes care of that now.

No problem. Not a really important issue right now, but it would help with mass converting images. If you look at the pathfinders forum it's not a source code button, more like a different editing mode. It toggles if external links are executed or not.

11 minutes ago, ScaryGuy said:

No problem. Not a really important issue right now, but it would help with mass converting images. If you look at the pathfinders forum it's not a source code button, more like a different editing mode. It toggles if external links are executed or not.

I don't have an account there, neither will I get one. But you're welcome to ask them how they solved it, and replay that to me. ;)

For anyone unaware Photobucket does have an option to download your images as one folder but you have to do this with each album you have. Go to your library, on the right side of the page under Share This Album there is another section Actions, download album link is there.

Not everyone has been affected as yet, but it's only a matter of time, it's hitting legion wide, unless you want to pay for Photobucket hosting save your photos, upload to another host and edit your photo links in posted threads.

So the only way for pictures to come back is if the original poster updates it manually?

Great... I was really depending on

for encouragement doing my blaster, but that account hasn't been online since September last year :unsure: