Post Upgrade Niggles

About the likes button, I use it often as well to show I have read a post and can express I like it without having to interrupt the flow of thread. I wish there a few more options for this like , great idea, cool, or some positive expressions you want to saw without having to type up a reply. 

Would that be possible to add in the future? 

By the way, the site looks great, still adjusting to it but certainly a nice fresh look. Thank you to all who have been working on this behind the scenes and making it happen! Cheers! 

16 minutes ago, Bulldog44 said:

About the likes button, I use it often as well to show I have read a post and can express I like it without having to interrupt the flow of thread. I wish there a few more options for this like , great idea, cool, or some positive expressions you want to saw without having to type up a reply. 

Would that be possible to add in the future? 

By the way, the site looks great, still adjusting to it but certainly a nice fresh look. Thank you to all who have been working on this behind the scenes and making it happen! Cheers! 

To be clear, I get why people click it.  My point being though if no one notices or otherwise pays attention to it, what's the point?  You are basically speaking with no one listening to use a metaphor.

When I get notifications that say someone liked my post or I see someone clicked  it in my post, I feel good knowing someone read it and liked it.  for me, I do recognize when people click it and appreciate they responded to a post.

I understand what you mean because I used to not think much of this function but since I post more now and hear back from members following my posts with likes, it feels more interactive than empty posting with no response if they don't write a reply. 

Just my opinion though. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Daetrin said:

I get that people click it, but what I'm asking is, the data that is collected, it seems it is never used.  We don't do anything with your "likes", there is no list of "most liked content today", or "top liked posts of all time", or "trending likes".  It's not like Facebook.  

IOW, what I'm seeing is that people are "liking" stuff for themselves, but no one is paying attention. It's like in the series Lost where the guy is clicking on the keys, but no one is paying attention anymore.

So aside from giving you the "liker" a feel good moment, it seems a pretty useless feature is my point.

Actually, there is such a place now. ;)
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/leaderboard/

When I try to hide "justjoseph63"'s signature it prompt me: "there was a problem ignoring this member's signature". I tried hiding someone else's signature and it worked though. Maybe that's because he's a staff member?

6 minutes ago, The5thHorseman said:

When I try to hide "justjoseph63"'s signature it prompt me: "there was a problem ignoring this member's signature". I tried hiding someone else's signature and it worked though. Maybe that's because he's a staff member?

I got the same error. But hiding everyone's signatures hid his too.

6 hours ago, Locitus said:

Yeah, I see that.  It's pretty neat, eh?  

9 hours ago, Bulldog44 said:

When I get notifications that say someone liked my post or I see someone clicked  it in my post, I feel good knowing someone read it and liked it.  for me, I do recognize when people click it and appreciate they responded to a post.

I understand what you mean because I used to not think much of this function but since I post more now and hear back from members following my posts with likes, it feels more interactive than empty posting with no response if they don't write a reply. 

Just my opinion though. 

Thanks.  This is the first post that I can understand regarding this topic in terms of its utility.  I'm convinced, the feature stays :duim::salute: 

• Like 3

On 6/30/2017 at 11:04 AM, The5thHorseman said:

This new skin is impressive! I must say I like a lot how clean it looks. Even though I gotta confess the first thing I did was to look for the "reference pictures" section, which I gladly found safe and sound :).

On my side here's a little issue I noticed: the "Change Background image" (the little brush next to the "notification" and "message" links) does not seem to work. When I click it shows the different shades available for the background, but clicking on any of them doesn't change a thing.

The background change didn't work because there was only one background to choose from. That might change in the future though ;)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, belloq said:

Hi, any ETA for the Tapatalk login fix? Thanks.

When it's ready. We're all users of tapatalk, rest assured that we will get it working eventually, as we want to use it just as much as you.

You can use the web browser in your phone in the meantime. It works quite well with the mobile friendly skin.

• Like 2

A big thank you to everybody who was involved in performing this upgrade. :duim: As a computer noob I can only imagine how much effort was put into this.

Although not being ultra happy about the grey background (outer frames of my pictures were optimized for white background), I do really like the option to follow a member. Very good.

Also the search function seems to work better now. Doesn't it?

Just a few things to highlight:

1: cannot delete my notifications

2: no more signatures in PM???

3: where is the "Friends List" gone?

4: where are the tutorials?

Interesting:

"Activity" -> "Content I Started" shows the active threads

"Profile" -> "See my activity" -> "Topics" shows active and archived threads

Is that a bug of a feature? :P

41 minutes ago, T-Jay said:

A big thank you to everybody who was involved in performing this upgrade. :duim: As a computer noob I can only imagine how much effort was put into this.

Although not being ultra happy about the grey background (outer frames of my pictures were optimized for white background), I do really like the option to follow a member. Very good.

Also the search function seems to work better now. Doesn't it?

Just a few things to highlight:

1: cannot delete my notifications

2: no more signatures in PM???

3: where is the "Friends List" gone?

4: where are the tutorials?

Interesting:

"Activity" -> "Content I Started" shows the active threads

"Profile" -> "See my activity" -> "Topics" shows active and archived threads

Is that a bug of a feature? :P

1) You can't on facebook either. I'm guessing they took the inspiration from there.

2) Does it matter?

3) Gone. Not part of ipb4

4) That was a separate module that isn't compatible with ipb4. See tutorials/how-to forum section instead. It has the same content.

On 01/07/2017 at 9:14 AM, Locitus said:

That is pretty neat!  I know it's a silly feature but I still think it's cool.  Anyway we can change the settings so that you can actually see who likes your post instead of "somebody"?

I don't know, I haven't seen anything about that.

I'm currently building my TK so I don't feel qualified to post here, but what I would like to say, and I hope you don't mind, is that the help and support I have received with my TK build has been amazing and that's down to all of you. 

There are are times when I feel it's one step forward and two back as I progress through the build, or like now I seem to have hit a brick wall, when I see a fellow TK has liked one of my posts it makes me think "yes I am doing something right" and it gives me the encouragement to continue. 

Without the encouragenebt and support I have received on here and the UKG I think I would have fallen at the first hurdle . 

The new new look is awesome and I appreciate all the hard work you guys n gals put into this, thank you 

oh also looking forward for Tapatalk to start working again 

• Like 4

Does anybody have issues with the messenger? Mine is mixing up various messages which had been sorted in separate folders. Is it just me?

Yes, I use folders since Years and need them to track my shipments and to keep an overview.

Today I heavily cleaned up my messages and noticed, that PMs from individual folders were displayed in the wrong folders.

Anything I can do to solve this? - please don't answer "stop using folders" :lol:

Tried to, but it didn't work.

Usually I have around 70 to 80 messages in various folders. After the cleanup yesterday I am down at 20 and all of them are displayed in EACH folder. Creating a new folder and moving some PMs there, didn't solve this problem. All were displayed.

To keep an overview while incomming messages increase, will become impossible under these circumstances. Just wondering why nobody else posted about this... :blink:

41 minutes ago, T-Jay said:

Tried to, but it didn't work.

Usually I have around 70 to 80 messages in various folders. After the cleanup yesterday I am down at 20 and all of them are displayed in EACH folder. Creating a new folder and moving some PMs there, didn't solve this problem. All were displayed.

To keep an overview while incomming messages increase, will become impossible under these circumstances. Just wondering why nobody else posted about this... :blink:

Well, the inbox limit will not change. You are better off saving them via PDF, etc. than relying on the inbox size increasing.  Even us staff have to continually prune our inboxes and archive off old items that we need to retain

Think of it like a sweep & keep at work. :)

2 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Well, the inbox limit will not change. You are better off saving them via PDF, etc. than relying on the inbox size increasing.  Even us staff have to continually prune our inboxes and archive off old items that we need to retain

Think of it like a sweep & keep at work. :)

Maybe I was misunderstood. The storage capacity of the messenger is absolutely no problem and never was. The former messenger worked very reliable and I was really happy with it.

My only problem now is, since the recent site-upgrade there is no sorting to individual folders any more, as all messages are displayed in EVERY folder. Or did I get anything wrong?

• 1 month later...