Completed Tactical Vest options?

vettereddie

Prepping my build prior to armor being available and looking for updates on the tactical / heavy artillery vest.

The only ready-made option I know of is through Anovos, and it, like the armor, is still in pre-order status.

The other option looks to be DIY, but based on Ukswrath's tutorial to get accurate with the buckling, notched belt, ribbed strap, etc. is more work than I have time and skill to put in.

I could likely get by w/ a stock Flyye, Airsoft pockets and drop box inserts until the CRL is out, but would then need to mod after the fact.

Are there any other ready-made options available? Also, is it considered a tactical, heavy gunner, heavy weapons or heavy artillery vest?

Most of us who wear them have the version created by Chris Hale at jawachopshop, which is a modified Flyye tactical vest. His vest isn't entirely accurate, but it was the best thing available at the time. He also doesn't do a good job at hitting promised delivery dates with this or his other products, and he may have stopped making the vests entirely. Nonetheless, it's an option at least worth exploring.
------------

As for what they are called, Sideshow Collectibles calls this variant of First Order stormtrooper a "Heavy Gunner" stormtrooper, with the vest itself called a heavy artillery vest. Wookieepedia (not the most reliable source of canon) refers to them as heavy assault stormtroopers.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks for the reply, should have just asked the NoVa Brian TKs. As for jawachopshop, I doubt anyone would have as bad of record hitting delivery dates as Anovos, it has to be an improvement.

I like heavy assault stormtrooper, assuming the heavy gunner would need an FWMB-10.

Yea at the peek there were a couple builders, not sure anymore. Maybe with SW8 coming down the pipe there may be renewed interest in more than one builder/seller. Heck if I had the time I'd do it. 

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, nursewolfie said:

I've ordered the vest/parts from Hale well over a year ago and still have not received them. God willing Anovos is quicker.

Did you get your money baxk at least?