Anovos build

SyntaxisDan

After 9 months of waiting,my bbb has finally arrived. I swear I can see plastic scraps in my sleep now so after some long trimming and looking at some build threads I've made some progress, my main concern right now is tailoring the armor pieces. I finished the biceps already I hope I trimmed enough to my size. I left an roughly an inch around the bicep just in case my arms were to get bigger in the future. Main concerns are tailoring forearms and tailoring the ab plate because it hangs way below my crotch which shouldn't be good. Also, the lower back portion of the armor looks really wide, not sure how to fix this. I'd appreciate any feedback!

da80d0e6c5c946964b9eb85a58c1efdf.jpg

0d9f3ff6dfb760e2c78879353dd3d812.jpg

898c7180ee8740c1cb1b13c02190bf4e.jpg

0a2f9253d727f1c65e765311e4327168.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Welcome Roy! Your journey is just beginning. To get a little reference, what is your height and weight? Based on what you are saying it seems you are on the shorter side. You will most likely have a good amount of trimming to do, but you are off to a good start.

I said hi over on the ECG forum as well. If you get a chance stop by Eternal con and you can take a look at my Anovos kit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yeah at that weight you will definitely need to do some trimming. It's not an issue and you should have no problems taking it to centurion.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Would you be able to link me to some threads about trimming for short peeps? My torso is pretty short but my arms and legs make up for it. Not sure if my biceps are too big/tall, I'd put on both but the other one is still drying lol the one in the picture isn't strapped in cc2232e309e84dc0d65266749fcf5944.jpg

c2a1890bbac78fbeee32cc77360119fb.jpg

Edited by SyntaxisDan

Hey Roy, just got your message with this link. Great to see you getting the build thread going and Allan, one of ECGs finest jumping in to help. 

I see you started putting some parts together. First thing I'm going to ask is are you using E6000 glue?

Hey Roy, just got your message with this link. Great to see you getting the build thread going and Allan, one of ECGs finest jumping in to help. 

I see you started putting some parts together. First thing I'm going to ask is are you using E6000 glue?

Ah yes im using e6000 for the parts.

Looking good so far, Roy!  If you haven't already, I would take a look at Tony's (ukswrath) Anovos TK build:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/ Hopefully you will aiming for Centurion, and that will be a great help.  You should also check out the approved Anovos submissions in the Request Centurion Status thread.   (Link below)  Look for the ones that have Anovos with a number behind them like this:  (Anovos) (123).

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

• Like 2

You haven't provided any dimensions of your height/weight, Roy, but if it helps there is a new thread started here:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42043-zels-anovos-stunt-build-for-the-mini-and-vertically-challenged/ which may help.  Mandy goes into a few methods that could help you more custom tailor your armor.

You haven't provided any dimensions of your height/weight, Roy, but if it helps there is a new thread started here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42043-zels-anovos-stunt-build-for-the-mini-and-vertically-challenged/ which may help. Mandy goes into a few methods that could help you more custom tailor your armor.

I'm 5'7 and 135-140. My torso is a short but I have long limbs to make up for it.Mandy's method of cutting the cod from the ab plate is pretty smart. I was thinking of cutting the top portion because that could be easily hidden with the chest piece. Still thinking

So today was a somewhat productive. I finished tailoring my right forearm and still researching how to correctly trim the thighs. They seem a little too long, or the cod piece sits too low, either one. Shout out to Redforce for reassuring my nervous butt about cutting the forearms haha

bcff08cdfd9d56beea51914498d0d8c3.jpg

Edited by SyntaxisDan

I'm 5'7 and 135-140. My torso is a short but I have long limbs to make up for it.Mandy's method of cutting the cod from the ab plate is pretty smart. I was thinking of cutting the top portion because that could be easily hidden with the chest piece. Still thinking

Hey Roy!

Love your progress! you are building at lightning speed!!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

For shortening your ab/cod armour, I would definitely recommend trimming off the cod and then either reattaching the cod or "floating" it with strapping. If you trim the top of the abs, the chest piece would ride too low on your ab piece, and it may even cover your "buttons". it's little hard to tell from your photos, I think moving your cod up 1/2-1 inch would do it wonders. 

-Zel

• Like 1

Hey Roy!

Love your progress! you are building at lightning speed!! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley::th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

For shortening your ab/cod armour, I would definitely recommend trimming off the cod and then either reattaching the cod or "floating" it with strapping. If you trim the top of the abs, the chest piece would ride too low on your ab piece, and it may even cover your "buttons". it's little hard to tell from your photos, I think moving your cod up 1/2-1 inch would do it wonders.

-Zel

Wow thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. Your build thread is friggin crazy I'll be referencing frequently for sure I'm going to figure out the forearms then I'll tackle the cod issue. Not sure if this is normal but after trimming down to size I noticed one of the ends looks more like an " ()" rather than a "O" for its overall shape. 99f152b4d892274058206d8611b522de.jpg94307b648353645ef47f1f97ac8d7dac.jpg

Edited by SyntaxisDan

Hey Roy! 

I had the exact same problems with the forearms!! hahaha. the local TKs were joking that I accidentally sat on my forearms and squashed them :laugh1:  :laugh1:  :laugh1:  :laugh1: . Are you using inside coversstrips? they are very important for strength at the butt joints, especially if there is a little pressure on the armour. 

What I did was to first make sure the seams on both sides of the forearms lined up perfectly, trimming with scissors as neccessary. My v1 Anovos kit had some problems with the butt seams lining up as perfectly as I would like. Then, one side at a time I put on my inside coverstrips first and made sure everything is totally in line. I sanded the coverstrip as well as the armour where the coverstrip goes on with a criss cross pattern to make sure they attach well. Then I attached the coverstrip centering the butt joint seam with e6000 and lined as many clamps and magnets as I can fit across. I then left it to cure for at least 24 hours. I did that for both sides and then did the same thing for the outside coverstrips.

So with the "brute" force of gluing, the coverstrips forced the armour to become round (as the seams are flat with each other). I don't know if this is the best idea however, as gluing was a bit of a pain. In the future, I was thinking of shaping the armour itself with a heatgun before gluing. using the heatgun is easy, but requires a lot of patience and practice so you don't warp the armour. I have a tutorial on heat guns and shaping in my thread. Make sure to practice on spare abs first and think twice, heat once. 

Best of luck! :peace:  :peace:

Zel

• Like 1

Hey Roy!

I had the exact same problems with the forearms!! hahaha. the local TKs were joking that I accidentally sat on my forearms and squashed them :laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1: . Are you using inside coversstrips? they are very important for strength at the butt joints, especially if there is a little pressure on the armour.

What I did was to first make sure the seams on both sides of the forearms lined up perfectly, trimming with scissors as neccessary. My v1 Anovos kit had some problems with the butt seams lining up as perfectly as I would like. Then, one side at a time I put on my inside coverstrips first and made sure everything is totally in line. I sanded the coverstrip as well as the armour where the coverstrip goes on with a criss cross pattern to make sure they attach well. Then I attached the coverstrip centering the butt joint seam with e6000 and lined as many clamps and magnets as I can fit across. I then left it to cure for at least 24 hours. I did that for both sides and then did the same thing for the outside coverstrips.

So with the "brute" force of gluing, the coverstrips forced the armour to become round (as the seams are flat with each other). I don't know if this is the best idea however, as gluing was a bit of a pain. In the future, I was thinking of shaping the armour itself with a heatgun before gluing. using the heatgun is easy, but requires a lot of patience and practice so you don't warp the armour. I have a tutorial on heat guns and shaping in my thread. Make sure to practice on spare abs first and think twice, heat once.

Best of luck! :peace::peace:

Zel

it does kinda look like it's squashed

I was planning on only using anovos supplied cover strips but It seems I need more for a better look. Where could I find flat abs sheets? I'll go ahead and google it out. Heatgun also sounds like a interesting fix but knowing my luck I'd rather not try hehe. Well at least right now, maybe later like you had brought up! I should be getting another set of clamps tomorrow morning so I'll call it a day haha thanks so much

Where could I find flat abs sheets? 

For the interior cover strips, you can use flat scraps from your trimming.  They don't need to be pretty, just functional!  The most important place you will need them is on the shins, which get a lot of flexing from opening and closing them frequently.  

I also noticed that you did a great job on the forearm openings.  Hopefully you will be aiming for EIB and then Centurion, but even if you not I would remove the return edge on the "bump" as seen below.

jhVZXQd.jpg?1

*sigh of relief* we're back...I felt so isolated and without ukswrath's build thread I felt empty inside lol! 

Since my last update I decided to trim and prep most of the armor pieces lying around ( I also put 2 male snaps on the ab plate for the belt, Thank you to Redforce for helping me out and going out of your way to send me some parts to make my life easier! Will finish the belt as soon as those guys come in)

19686316_10203398709125059_1432446516_o.thumb.jpg.d7bb88fe8a30ddb75cdc0de481d69731.jpg

Finally mustered up the courage to glue the forearms together. Will be following Mandy and Anthony's advice to reinforce each cover strip with another one behind it 19619134_10203398708005031_252945685_o.thumb.jpg.486beeee7afb849ea14cbfe740116460.jpg 

While trimming the thigh pieces I made sure to alllocate some scrap plastic for the forearm, here are my ghetto cover strips lol 

19650116_10203398753766175_1131928620_o.thumb.jpg.d3ab183810c0ac3d6b47413b62e28cd6.jpg

Here's the finished TD, probably the most straight forward build out of all of these part so far LOL ( Im kinda a worried about how big gaps are between the middle and end caps. Maybe it's just me?)

19620054_10203398708085033_1437919970_o.thumb.jpg.2450506edd4bdc39289432d6364da7b9.jpg

Today i'm planning on glueing the front thigh pieces in order to size correctly, prep the torso for strapping and reinforcing the forearms after the first side has cured. Updates coming soon! 

Edited by SyntaxisDan

I was too tempted to not try everything on...seems to be a lot of adjusting to be done in terms of mobility and accuracy. But for the first time putting this on by myself im a bit proud :)

Next things on deck are to finished belt assembly and hopefully finish the lower pieces by next week! 

19679975_10203407344660942_1510596165_n.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while, but after some personal life stuff i was able to finish my kit! The only major modification i had to was to separate the cod and attach to the ab plate via velcro. It's working out well so far!

Just sent in my application/ pictures :)

peep that cheapo rubies blaster tho lolol

20814872_10203594899469695_1094481350_n.

Edited by SyntaxisDan

c62907b388c92bd5b5c85559130a965c.jpg

Quick fan build that took me about an hour to build. Bought a 5 pack of 40mm fans for about 8 bucks on amazon. Used a spare power bank I had lying around and just rewired everything accordingly. It was pretty fun to build as well