LGBT troopers?

RTrooperAlex

REALLY????

"...this is a real open minded community with much love and support..." or "..hard to find any fellow LGBT people..".   Which one are you referring to?

IIRC it was posted somewhere and linked( possibly over on the RL forums) that there was recently a fb group set up for troopers from the LGBT community to network and socislise etc.Something fairly akin to the Ladies of the Legions group. Lemmie see if I can dig out a link...

Sent from my R4 unit using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree with Silverdollar, I'm not sure why the organization trying to involve itself into political and sexual topics like this. Nothing against LGBT people, I feel it's not the Legion's place to delve into anything sexual.

Take care! 

Personally, I couldn't care less what sexuality people are... But if groups of people want to get together for their own reasons, where lies the problem?

• Like 6

The great thing about armor is it provides anonymity. When the bucket goes on, no one knows or cares your race, age, sex, gender or preferences, all they see is an awesome nameless, faceless plastic spaceman stepping out of the screen and into real life.

Our Garrison did troop DC Pride this year, but outside of members in obvious relationships I honestly have no idea what anyone's orientation is, we're busy geeking on Star Wars most of the time.

Edited by vettereddie
  • Like 3

What would everyone say if I started a thread about the bible? I don't think it would be in the right interests for anyone here to listen to my bible based lifestyle or my political views.  It has nothing to do with what this organization stands for or why we spend the time and money to participate in it. I love Star Wars plain and simple, that's why I joined!!! We shouldn't be bringing up subjects that have nothing to do with Star War, trooping of armor related topics. 

• Like 1

Exactly, which is why I feel it is not fitting for the Organization to take part in any sexual rallies, political rallies, and so on. It has nothing to do with Star Wars

Neither do half of the troops we're asked to attend...

• Like 4

Agree, 9/11 Hero's Run, Wounded Warrior, Christmas Parades, 4th of July Parades, etc. aren't real Star Warsy, does St. Patrick's get a pass w/ the Kilted Trooper Brigade?

Politics is a curious animal, that one I would agree should remain outside the spectrum. It's nice to find at least one forum on the internet not delving into the daily goings-on of various administration and economic decisions.

• Like 2

Guys - this thread is for LGBT troopers to express support for each other, and as 501st members they have the right to do so. If you want to discuss politics, go somewhere else, or your posts will be deleted.

• Like 9

Just my 2 cents. I am building my armor so I can troop for kids. If asked, I will troop for wounded warrior or any other approved troop as I can. That said, I am not for the politization. As they say, some subjects should be taboo in polite society. Now when Disney has their gay pride days, if someone wishes to troop for it and it's approved, then it should be good to go. I am positive nobody would complain about a LGBT group on Facebook for outreach to fellow members who have a interest.

I just wanted to meet people like me, if you want to start a bible thread go for it. I'm gay but I'm also a Christian. Now if you want to make a bible thread just to smite me and be homophobic well there's the door. This post has nothing to do with sex. Just wanted to meet people who share the same walk of life as I do. If you can't understand that than I'm sorry for you people.

And I do think we should have a booth set up for pride so we are as inclusive as they say cause frankly people still don't know about the 501st and there are a ton of LGBT Star Wars fans out there. And to deny them the chance because it's to "political" or "sexual" then you are a problem.

Fun fact: being gay isn't all about having sex. We are normal folk just like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This is a 501st forum and the 501st doesn't tolerate discrimination based on age, race, gender, or sexual orientation. If you don't like those rules, then you are free to join the Legion and agitate for change via the Legion Council.

Until then, FISD will comply with all 501st guidelines. End of story.

• Like 7

This is a 501st forum and the 501st doesn't tolerate discrimination based on age, race, gender, or sexual orientation. If you don't like those rules, then you are free to join the Legion and agitate for change via the Legion Council.

Until then, FISD will comply with all 501st guidelines. End of story.

Thank you for backing me up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This thread was obviously not started as any sort of political discussion, just someone curious to find out if there were any other gay Troopers.  Nothing more.  No "agenda" or anything of the like.  Although not gay myself, I would march in a gay pride parade, just as I would troop at a synagogue charity fundraiser if it was approved, even though I'm not Jewish.  At the end of the day, we are all just shiny white spacemen (and women), out to add a few smiles to the world.

Before leaving any sort of negative or potentially inflamatory comment, I would suggest reading the 501st Code of Conduct in the Operations Protocol area:  http://databank.501st.com/databank/OperationsProtocol

• Like 6

This thread was obviously not started as any sort of political discussion, just someone curious to find out if there were any other gay Troopers. Nothing more. No "agenda" or anything of the like. Although not gay myself, I would march in a gay pride parade, just as I would troop at a synagogue charity fundraiser if it was approved, even though I'm not Jewish. At the end of the day, we are all just shiny white spacemen (and women), out to add a few smiles to the world.

Before leaving any sort of negative or potentially inflamatory comment, I would suggest reading the 501st Code of Conduct in the Operations Protocol area: http://databank.501st.com/databank/OperationsProtocol

Exactly that!

If a member has a particular personal objection to a local approved troop, simply don't sign up. I'm happy that in most cases, we're making money for our supported charities. Whether it's trooping at a football stadium, shopping centre, hospice visit or anything in between. I'm not religious, but I trooped at a church, for a Star Wars fan's wedding. They made a donation to our fund, so it's a win!

• Like 7

Exactly, which is why I feel it is not fitting for the Organization to take part in any sexual rallies, political rallies, and so on. It has nothing to do with Star Wars

FWIW, the 501st does not take part in political rallies, and never has to my knowledge. Joseph did post a great link to our Ops Protocol which is worth the read.

• Like 1