Darthanael's AP ANH Stunt Build (Cehttps://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42121-darthanaels-ap-anh-stunt-build-centurion-the-road-to-trooping/nturion). The road to trooping!

darthanael

Looking good!  Hang on to some of those scraps.  They come in handy for experimenting with things like a hot water bath and reshaping.  I also got more comfortable using my Dremel by practicing my sanding and cutting on a couple of pieces of extra cover strip material we had.  Keep it up - as they say, the easiest way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.  Just setup and tackle small steps at a time and before you know it, you'll have more pieces finished and outside of the box than sitting inside the box!

Edges are looking good!

For the kidney plate, it really is all about sizing to the body. Mark added that extra on so that most people will not need to add shims at all. 

In my case (5'7"  180lb), I trimmed the kidney all the way back to the notch (leaving the required 22mm), and only took 3/4" off of the ab. 

trim2.jpg

Click on the pic for a larger version. (Photo prior to actually cutting the notch out)

Hope that helps!

Edited by Sentry71

Thanks for the advice and encouragement guys! Kind of frustrated with this PhotoBucket fiasco. A lot of great builds/resources are pretty much useless now. Having to find builds with images hosted on other platforms. They are out there though!

• Like 1

I don't have a lot of detailed pics, but I did move my build over to PostImage. Links in the signature below. Hopefully you can get some use out of them.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't have a lot of detailed pics, but I did move my build over to PostImage. Links in the signature below. Hopefully you can get some use out of them.

Thank you! I will for sure take a look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say definitely trim down the sides a bit more, Nate.  Not much you can do with the top and bottom, but you should be fine.

It's best to get some help if you can when figuring out how much of the kidney plate extensions (lengthwise) with the Ab plate.

I'm with magni, if you go with the traditional bracket system more is better so you can reinforce the return edge with scrap abs to help prevent breakage.

If you're going with the snap system 1/8" should be good

Don't forget to leave approximately 1/2" space between your body and the armour.

Keep up the stellar work!!!

It's best to get some help if you can when figuring out how much of the kidney plate extensions (lengthwise) with the Ab plate.

I'm with magni, if you go with the traditional bracket system more is better so you can reinforce the return edge with scrap abs to help prevent breakage.

If you're going with the snap system 1/8" should be good

Don't forget to leave approximately 1/2" space between your body and the armour.

Keep up the stellar work!!!

Cool thank you! I'm going to buy the strapping kit off of TrooperBay.com, that's the traditional correct? I was trying to get as close to the original as possible, but would you recommend a snap system?

• Like 1

Cool thank you! I'm going to buy the strapping kit off of TrooperBay.com, that's the traditional correct? I was trying to get as close to the original as possible, but would you recommend a snap system?

I went very unconventional with my strapping system, the reason I went this way is because I wanted a strapping system that helped to maintain the Centurion image with minimal repair and less chance of wardrobe malfunctions.

The original armour was used for very small intervals of shooting, while we troop in this stuff for very long durations.

What you choose to do on the inside is completely your decision- there's no right or wrong method just as long as you stay together

There are a LOT of build threads that have used the snap system.  It is what the majority of us use, and some even go with a "double snap" method.    If you look through the Centurion submission threads in this section https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/ you will see some great examples.  I myself prefer it as I find it very easy to get suited up, and I like that the various pieces of armor all come apart.

My buddy Jeff (Wingnut65) has a great diagram here if you need it:  (This the "double snap" system)

R63O0di.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/23/2017 at 3:51 PM, justjoseph63 said:

There are a LOT of build threads that have used the snap system.  It is what the majority of us use, and some even go with a "double snap" method.    If you look through the Centurion submission threads in this section https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/ you will see some great examples.  I myself prefer it as I find it very easy to get suited up, and I like that the various pieces of armor all come apart.

My buddy Jeff (Wingnut65) has a great diagram here if you need it:  (This the "double snap" system)

Hey Joseph, thanks so much for attaching that diagram! Mega helpful! For the snaps, do you just attached the snaps to a piece of ABS and then glue that with E6000 to the inside of the armor? Thank you for your help!

Hey guys, another question. I wanted to get a Darman neck seal like I see a lot of people here have. I also found a really nice looking seal on Etsy that's made of faux leather here >> https://www.etsy.com/listing/512192901/star-wars-stormtrooper-neck-seal. I know the CRL doesn't say anything about the actual material it's made of. Thoughts?

Hey guys, another question. I wanted to get a Darman neck seal like I see a lot of people here have. I also found a really nice looking seal on Etsy that's made of faux leather here >> https://www.etsy.com/listing/512192901/star-wars-stormtrooper-neck-seal. I know the CRL doesn't say anything about the actual material it's made of. Thoughts?  

We have a few vetted makers of neck deals in our Imperial Commissary section - There's Veedox, Darman's, Geeky Pink's, and don't quote me but I believe Imperial Gaskets also does Neck seals that will do the trick. That Etsy one looks like it doesn't breathe very well.

The decision is ultimately up to you mate

15 minutes ago, Pyrates said:

We have a few vetted makers of neck deals in our Imperial Commissary section - There's Veedox, Darman's, Geeky Pink's, and don't quote me but I believe Imperial Gaskets also does Neck seals that will do the trick. That Etsy one looks like it doesn't breathe very well.

The decision is ultimately up to you mate emoji16.pngemoji106.png

That helps Aaron thank you!!

• Like 1

Biceps, forearms and shoulders are all trimmed. Pretty much done with all my preliminary trimming now. Time for fitting! Also trying to wrap my head around the snap system.

29787b246ce6950ddc070529c07777b2.jpg

9e9de17b39c71fd860163dea18b700e0.jpg

d05cdf1f2a8699901c77f8c4737b2c87.jpg

62e17101c0ddf2467ee0b2164fc56eb7.jpg

Let me know if you guys see any hiccups in the trimming! Thanks!