Bucket Adjustments

Burnhard22

Recently got my bucket. But before I do the cooling system I feel I want the bucket to sit lower on my head. I find it more comfortable and can see better when I'm pushing down on the top of it as an example.<br>

Also, the green lenses are 1 long piece, any suggestions on how to cut form somewhat? As I've seen padding around the eyes on some buckets. Thanks all for any feedback in advance.

Photos would be helpful.

Really depends what padding is inside the helmet. Also depends what lens material you have, some can be cut with scissors or snips quite easily, then attached in different ways, screws and tabs, double sided tape, duct tape, hot glue, silicon and so on.

I had the same problem with my bucket riding too high, giving me a "bobble-head" effect.  I reduced the thickness of the padding in the top from 1 inch to 1/4 inch... problem solved.  In my Hero bucket I left it out entirely, as my head doesn't touch the top anyway.

For the lenses, I made a paper template of the existing eye openings, taped them to the green plastic and used tin snips to cut out individual ones.  Leave an extra 1/4 inch or so around the edges, though.  I used black Sugru to attach them, and have had no problems.  https://sugru.com/about

I use adjustable airsoft helmet padding from ebay.  I also have a lenth of 18mm elastic as a chin strap that helps pull the helmet down as I feel more comfortable with that, even with I'm constantly adjusting the helmet.

I have a single length of visor and it's not been an issue, I've never seen the need to cut them down.  Seems like a lot of work for little to no gain.

I trimmed my eye visor also. I made a template with .20 plastic and put the visors inside of them like a pair of sunglasses and attached them with screws to the helmet for easy removal if needed. As far as the helmet sitting on the head I used a hard hat liner for inside of my helmet and also have a chin strap to hold it tighter on my head.