Hello.  I thought I would introduce myself.  My name is Scott, I was 6 when Star Wars first came to the screen and have loved stormtroopers ever since.  I work as a props artisan for a regional theater.   I do reenactments and entertain in 15th and 16th century medieval, and 17th century pirate, which is my favorite.  I have built several costumes for those time periods for myself, friends, my wife and our two kids, and am currently working on a 15th century Milanese armor harness.  Just a few years ago I learned about the 501, and have been looking for an excuse to join.  One thing on my bucket list would be to walk in a parade at Disney along with hundreds of fellow stormtroopers.  I think the work the 501 does with children's charities is really cool.

Scott

Hello and welcome aboard, hope to see a build thread soon.

Welcome to the FISD, Scott!  As Wibowo mentioned, the Getting Started section will help immensely.  Lots of basic information there to get you on your way, but don't be overwhelmed by it.. we are here to help!

After you choose your armorer, you will have some wait time, so I suggest checking out some of the various build threads and getting your supplies in order for BBB, (big brown box) day.  Here is one that will help:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

I also recommend looking over some of the approved submissions in the Advance Tactics area.  These will help you take your armor to the next levels of screen accuracy, and are easier to incorporate during your build rather than after.

More information on these programs can be found here:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35371-eib-and-centurion-what-do-these-terms-mean/

As for trooping at Disney, I gotta say it is a (pardon the pun) BLAST!  I have done several there, and they really do treat us like royalty.  I may be wrong, but DIsney troops are usually only posted in the Florida Garrison's site (sometimes Georgia) due to the proximity.  Once you get your 501st approval, you should sign up there and keep an eye out.  

If we can be of any help, just ask, and best of luck on your white armor journey!

Side note:  In what area of the country are you located?

Hello and welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the FISD Scott! Great choice with going TK. You're obviously a genius! Just take your time and do your research. You doing your best makes Us look our best!

Hi Scott and welcome to FISD! You have been given excellent information so far. You have also been given good information in your other thread. Continue to ask question and do as much research as you can. Have fun and good luck!

Hello and welcome aboard Scott.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Cheers Scott, it's great to have you aboard the FISD!

Hi and welcome aboard future Trooper!

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey!  :duim: