FOTK Helmet Customization Project

Hi!

I picked up an Anovos Standard FOTK helmet from someone on eBay (I got lucky, it was a good one!), and am going to start work soon on customizing it. I'd like to paint / plastidip the interior, or if really possible line it with some dark soft fabric. Given that this helmet gives me much more room around the sides than my OT one, I was also hoping to get whatever comm system FOTK troopers use, along with an iComm if needed and the respective battery alongside two helmet fans. 

hEQDbm0.jpg?2

To start with, I removed the hard hat liner, as I couldn't fit my head all the way into the helmet. Once this was removed, my head slipped in to an almost perfect eye level. My first reaction was that the lenses are HORRIBLE. I had heard from other members that they weren't great, but I thought that meant something along the lines of an OT's view.

qdVnKzi.jpg?1

I'd appreciate any tips on how you guys customized your own FOTK helmets, and/or where to go with mine!

bpLAuXj.jpg?1

Note: Sadly this won't evolve into a full FOTK build for some time (likely many months / years) due to me starting college in a few months. Just wanted to get a full head-start on this helmet and make it self-contained to as high a degree as I possibly could.

Nice work. All I have done to mine is removed the plastic liner and replace with a material covered foam liner, much more comfortable, same idea as what the premier line Anovos helmets used. I all fitted 2 squirrel fans, batteries and switches to help reduce fogging.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a status update:

Removed the Anovos visor easily, but I'm having some difficulty getting the visor from VaderPaint to fit in the helmet. Seems a little oversized for the Anovos bucket. Looking into possibly having an optic shop cleaning the original visor to remove the warp effect. Would still prefer the VaderPaint one, as it is much easier to look through, but it's always good to have a backup. I'm also looking into a chin strap that loops through the spots where the hard hat liner was originally. Padding itself is quite easy, but I don't want to make any long term decisions until I can get the visor issue sorted.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2017 at 5:03 PM, TheBlooperTrooper said:

Bit of a status update:

Removed the Anovos visor easily, but I'm having some difficulty getting the visor from VaderPaint to fit in the helmet. Seems a little oversized for the Anovos bucket. Looking into possibly having an optic shop cleaning the original visor to remove the warp effect. Would still prefer the VaderPaint one, as it is much easier to look through, but it's always good to have a backup. I'm also looking into a chin strap that loops through the spots where the hard hat liner was originally. Padding itself is quite easy, but I don't want to make any long term decisions until I can get the visor issue sorted.

I bought a VaderPaint visor too and just finished trimming it yesterday to fit (sort of.) Yea it goes a lot higher than it should so I am still debating on if I want to cut off the excess or not. I also noticed that there is still a gap along parts of the brow, which is why the original has that little over hang. The original visor is junk IMO. Mine broke into 2 pieces when I tried to remove it. I glued it back together so I could use it as reference material. I will try to add my updates on it here since we are in the same situation.

• 1 year later...