My AP helmet

Whee! So, I got a lovely AP helmet kit yesterday :) I've been working on it all last night and today, and here's where I'm at:

helmetwip1.jpg

and after a minor accident >_<

poop.jpg

I got the frown almost painted:

helmetwip2.jpg

helmetwip.jpg

I figured the paint incident was a sign to take a break. Until tomorrow! I think I'm gonna hand paint the rest of the helmet rather than use the decals.. when I get a new pot of grey ;)

The ears were a pain in the backside and I'm still not happy with them. I'll get some better pics of them tomorrow. Other than tweaking the ears and painting it, all I need is some lenses and I'll be pretty much done :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice score Lizzeh, and looks like you got the eyes trimmed spot on.I have helped a few troopers out with a strip of dark green face shield here in the UK.

PM me if you would like some no glue needed it uses the screws inside the lid.

2619039657_91f326ff67_o.jpg

2619080077_5b3459c845_o.jpg

Neil: How far are you with yours? Got pics? :)

Not been taking pics :( I've cut out both eyes and started on the frown yesterday. I'm goin real slow, lol. As it's my first build i'm really enjoying it, already thinking of "what bucket shall i get next?" lol.

Can't wait to see more pics Liz.

p.s

Liz, what did you use to cut out the excess on the cap 'n' back? Are scissors strong/sharp enough?

I received my AP on Friday, been trooping on Friday night at TOYS R US and all day Saturday, so I have only just started work on mine today.

Rough trim work completed just working on cleaning up the eyes etc.

I will post some completed pics soon.

Nice, how was the troop? Looking forward to seeing the helmet :)

Not been taking pics :( I've cut out both eyes and started on the frown yesterday. I'm goin real slow, lol. As it's my first build i'm really enjoying it, already thinking of "what bucket shall i get next?" lol.

Can't wait to see more pics Liz.

p.s

Liz, what did you use to cut out the excess on the cap 'n' back? Are scissors strong/sharp enough?

Hehe I'm already wanting another helmet to build, ooh the choices!

And I used a knife, a scalpel type one :) I'd imagine scissors would do it, the plastic isn't that tough, but I've never tried them

Ah I'm scared of dremels, knives are much less whirry. Best o luck cutting it, it's easy enough :)

OK I've started painting it today:

helmetwip3.jpg

(you can see my crappy left ear in there, there's quite a gap and I'm not 100% on how I'll fix it. Maybe I took too much off?)

helmetwip4.jpg

helmetwip5.jpg

As you can see.. I'm not a neat painter, I get it all over my hands and forget about it, hence the grubby finger marks everywhere. Oh well, it comes off easy enough, when it's all dry I'll give it a clean and a polish and all should be good :D

Looking great :D

I knew you'd spill paint, and end up cutting yourself ¬_¬

Good job you have eleven fingers eh?

They're more like scratches than cuts! I'm more annoyed about the trousers, I liked those. Ah well, at least I didn't spill it on the helmet :lol:

Did you follow the trim lines for the left ear? It looks that way and if you did there will be a bigger gap...

But it looks fine, most helmets have a small gap and remember thats movie accurate :duim:

Did you follow the trim lines for the left ear? It looks that way and if you did there will be a bigger gap...

But it looks fine, most helmets have a small gap and remember thats movie accurate :duim:

Yeah I guess that's what I did. Ah well, it doesn't look too bad :)