Airsoft Rogue One E11

RKG

Hello. This is my first time posting but I've been working on this gun for a few weeks. Originally I bought the S&T E11 but it wasn't screen accurate at all, the t-track were too short, as was the scope rail and the scope was completely the wrong shape. So I decided to convert it into a screen accurate R1 blaster. This is also a real working airsoft gun for use in Star Wars themed airsoft events. It's still not quite finished as I have few touch ups to do but it's mostly complete now.

I'd welcome some genuine criticism for this gun as I want it to be as accurate as possible.

9fd44ea5bd976614e515217b99e80f7d.jpg6480551142371bc396e811952b02575a.jpgf4bffe3866f3ba38343e7c123d19a67c.jpgcf6bb40b5f10c79488700082e94a1165.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi mate looks amazing. What parts need to be changed, and where did you get them? Is it just what you mentioned?<br><br>

I was thinking about one of these but was put off because of inaccuracies.<br><br>

Thanks

Its just the inaccuracies I mentioned above really. I ordered a scope from doopydoos, a scope rail from tosche traders and t-tracks from wannwanga. The t-tracks are supposed to cover all the holes in the heat shield and the scope rail needs to fit into the first hole on the top of the heat shield. The power cylinders and counter are pretty good though

Just did some stress testing to see if the gun can handle the rigours of an airsoft game...... And it failed miserably

The scope rail snapped so I'll have to fashion another one. 735206f7e6d09bac08abacd321531e5b.jpg

Edited by RKG

Wow man, good job! This looks MILES better than the stock "S&T E-11 Blaster". Like I stated in my blaster reference thread; that "E-11" is not accurate to any blaster used in any Star Wars films ever, it's wrong in so many ways. But you have converted it into a nice E-11, and Rogue One was definitely a good choice for it considering the base airsoft gun is the same one they used in the movie. Also the power cylinders are actually a close match to the SDS power cylinders used in Rogue One. Loving the flashlight add-on too!

Maybe ask the guys over at "Praetorian Blasters" for an accurate Counter replica, they will be recasting a Hengstler that is accurate to the screen used counters in Rogue One.

Edited by SlyFox740

Wow man, good job! This looks MILES better than the stock "S&T E-11 Blaster". Like I stated in my blaster reference thread; that "E-11" is not accurate to any blaster used in any Star Wars films ever, it's wrong in so many ways. But you have converted it into a nice E-11, and Rogue One was definitely a good choice for it considering the base airsoft gun is the same one they used in the movie. Also the power cylinders are actually a close match to the SDS power cylinders used in Rogue One. Loving the flashlight add-on too!

Maybe ask the guys over at "Praetorian Blasters" for an accurate Counter replica, they will be recasting a Hengstler that is accurate to the screen used counters in Rogue One.

OK I'll check that out. I will try and get a better flashlight rail too as I've just got a standard airsoft one at the moment. You can't really see but it hasn't got the angled edges to it. I've got a stronger scope rail on the way too

The S&t E11 power cylinder were surprisingly close to the R1 cylinders. At first I thought they were too wide but I looked at the reference thread and was pleasantly surprised.

After this is finished I'll start working on a sidearm. Every good airsofter needs a sidearm so naturally I'm looking at either an A180, DL44 or Merr Sonn Power 5

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a little update. The build is pretty much finished now. I got myself a new counter as I wasn't happy with the paint job in the old one and now I'm waiting for some decals and a lense cover. Other than that I'm happy to say the blaster is 99% done. I toned down some of the weathering as I thought it was a bit too much, also I added a scope decal so it looks a bit more complete now. 

2017-07-15%2009.22.20.jpg?raw=1

Edited by RKG
  • Like 1

I seems to me that things in the star wars galaxy  change so much that a E11 could have many different versions.  As with real weapons they could have many versions for different applications.  So I wouldn't sweat it trying to make it screen accurate.  It has a lot of its own character. Very nice work.

If you wanted to add to it , you could add the wires that go between the counter and power cylinders.  Some E 11 have them and some don't.  

Edited by tydirium1

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2017 at 1:45 AM, RKG said:

OK I'll check that out. I will try and get a better flashlight rail too as I've just got a standard airsoft one at the moment. You can't really see but it hasn't got the angled edges to it. I've got a stronger scope rail on the way too

The S&t E11 power cylinder were surprisingly close to the R1 cylinders. At first I thought they were too wide but I looked at the reference thread and was pleasantly surprised.

After this is finished I'll start working on a sidearm. Every good airsofter needs a sidearm so naturally I'm looking at either an A180, DL44 or Merr Sonn Power 5

do you have a picture of the standard airsoft flashlight rail?

• 6 months later...
On 6/12/2017 at 7:52 AM, RKG said:

Hello. This is my first time posting but I've been working on this gun for a few weeks. Originally I bought the S&T E11 but it wasn't screen accurate at all, the t-track were too short, as was the scope rail and the scope was completely the wrong shape. So I decided to convert it into a screen accurate R1 blaster. This is also a real working airsoft gun for use in Star Wars themed airsoft events. It's still not quite finished as I have few touch ups to do but it's mostly complete now.

I'd welcome some genuine criticism for this gun as I want it to be as accurate as possible.

9fd44ea5bd976614e515217b99e80f7d.jpg6480551142371bc396e811952b02575a.jpgf4bffe3866f3ba38343e7c123d19a67c.jpgcf6bb40b5f10c79488700082e94a1165.jpg

Where can you buy one of these blasters at?

• 2 weeks later...

If this is going to be a functional airsoft gun, you should really try to keep an eye out for a real vintage functional Scope that you can actually use instead of the resin DoopyDoos, even though that's actually what was used on screen.  I'm doing the same build myself and I was able to find a real scope, the correct variant accurate to Rogue One. I also found the same counter used on screen too.

I found a scope that still appears to be available here and it actually has the correct wide front foot accurate to Rogue One; https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42762-m40-tank-sight-e-11-sight/

Edited by SlyFox740

If this is going to be a functional airsoft gun, you should really try to keep an eye out for a real vintage functional Scope that you can actually use instead of the resin DoopyDoos, even though that's actually what was used on screen.  I'm doing the same build myself and I was able to find a real scope, the correct variant accurate to Rogue One. I also found the same counter used on screen too.

I found a scope that still appears to be available here and it actually has the correct wide front foot accurate to Rogue One; https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42762-m40-tank-sight-e-11-sight/
I did look into getting a real scope and I found some but they're just so much money. I have bought myself an aluminium replica scope in the mean time though which looks a lot better than the resin one.

I've airsofted with the gun once so far and I didn't have too much trouble using the t-tracks as an iron sight

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, Awesomest_Dude said:

Can I buy that gun off of you? It's amazing. How much you want for it? Also, if you want to dm me on discord mine is Awesomest_Dude#4520

This is a thread from back in 2017 and the member has not been on the forum since 2018 so I doubt you will receive an answer 

On 5/28/2022 at 1:35 PM, Awesomest_Dude said:

Can I buy that gun off of you? It's amazing. How much you want for it? Also, if you want to dm me on discord mine is Awesomest_Dude#4520

If you're looking for a screen accurate Rogue One E-11 replica, I have one kit left (see link below). If you're looking for an actual airsoft Sterling L2A1 (pictures are also in the link below), I have that, too. I also have an actual M300A flashlight and metal SDS power cylinders replica. PM me for details.