Rogue One Stormtrooper 3D model (3D print armor)

andrewhitc

Greetings everybody!

Probably it is my first topic on FISD, despite that I approve my stormtrooper in 2013 +)) 

But after conversation with Daniel during our trooping in Moscow. He asked to give a look on 3D model of stormtrooper armor that I currently work under in my workshop.

So there is our current progress with 3d modeling of helmet and armor.

After "approved" parts I will do first 3d prints of it and then will think cast of vac forming it.

So there is a links on:

Helmet -------------------

Armor ------------------

Armor in piece------------------

We use my photos from celebration London, photos from Visual Guide, Hot Toys figure & Anovos manual for @part sepereation@ to create this pieces. Probably we miss something or don't see.

And I know that many people don't like look of new armor, but for me it is really like HD version of OT armor.

But I will be very grateful for help, view and critique notes

Best regards, Andrew

TK-25007

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 10

We will also do "little packs" from Jedha as kits

Seeing that I already have the RO Jedha backpack and pauldron, I think I should go "all-in" on the armor, if my wallet can stand it.....

fba9952408204746f84aa1db5a3cf00d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We will also do "little packs" from Jedha as kits

I already have the Sandtrooper R1 Type 4 designed and am printing the first prototype.ae5f0ec3fba30fd7890d7dc9e0f65516.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great model. If you want full screen accuracy, I would advise adding the "bump" on the bottom of the left eye. You'll see how the right eye swoops down, while the other has a curved bottom. There is a slight protrusion in that area where the bump is located.

costumes_of_rogue_one____stormtrooper_22

• Like 1

Oh, ok, I see.

Any comments on armor piece?

The back section needs to have the indentation on the top section and the oii section needs to protrude more see image. Hope this helps, I have been working on the chest and back myself.

a460002366d97d133ea1c6cf760caf43.jpgafd48b4183f9971defb684b862a27c95.jpg79dddb24432037877bd0b14af8d0a013.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Murderink

• 2 months later...
On 17.09.2017 at 6:41 PM, Hanseart said:

Amazing, will it be available for download, so that I can print it by myself?

Probably but not on start, because we spend our own resources in workshop for creating this. 

At this time all our model team working under commisiions works, that include, new FO Helmet, Movie Clone armor, Thrawn Armor

So we have not much time to finish this one and try frist prints.

• 2 months later...

We finally come out from our other order and continue to finish Stormtroopers

So some new progress according to priveous posts 

IMGUR albom on link https://imgur.com/a/4kYEF

Have equation about angel of front piece^ not sure how it must be correctly look. But think that it is too high angel

8walhkUF.jpg

8walhkUE.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2017 at 4:31 PM, andrewhitc said:

Greetings everybody!

Probably it is my first topic on FISD, despite that I approve my stormtrooper in 2013 +)) 

But after conversation with Daniel during our trooping in Moscow. He asked to give a look on 3D model of stormtrooper armor that I currently work under in my workshop.

So there is our current progress with 3d modeling of helmet and armor.

After "approved" parts I will do first 3d prints of it and then will think cast of vac forming it.

So there is a links on:

Helmet - https://sketchfab.com/models/8375f4753dc046f28dbbbd25c4bb8ace

Armor - https://sketchfab.com/models/dc66eae47fef4dfcbe9beba008880123

Armor in piece - https://sketchfab.com/models/717967cb70d148bfaf5e9fcc3fca02f1

We use my photos from celebration London, photos from Visual Guide, Hot Toys figure & Anovos manual for @part sepereation@ to create this pieces. Probably we miss something or don't see.

And I know that many people don't like look of new armor, but for me it is really like HD version of OT armor.

But I will be very grateful for help, view and critique notes

Best regards, Andrew

TK-25007

Hello everyone, Andrew will it be possible that you can acquire your 3d file? I'm interested, I'm waiting for your reply, regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Files finished. Currently preparing for prints.
But will be possible only to order prints , we won’t sell or share files, because they very fast started to be free for all and in Russia it means that we will lose all that we done and other workshops will tell that it is their files.