• Boots:  TK Boots
  • Canvas belt:  Homemade to replace ANOVOS
  • Hand Plates:  JustJoseph63
  • Electronics:  
  •    Stormtrooper Hearing Assist (SHA) by Ukswrath
  •    Fan - self wired
  • Neck Seal:  ANOVOS with new zipper
  • Holster:  ANOVOS

Note:  I am normally the most patient person in the world, but I would very much like to place an order for the hockey jersey, closing 6/14.  So IF you are able and IF my armor is approvable, I would very much appreciate it if I could make that deadline.  If not, I still appreciate you taking the time to review my submission.  Thank you!

Armor

Body

Full Front

Body%20-%20Front_zps7xr6xzvc.jpg

Full Back

Body%20-%20Back_zpszbeyrbqn.jpg

Full Right

Body%20-%20Right_zpsqo5vhixe.jpg

Full Left

Body%20-%20Left_zpsm1uqfr8h.jpg

Right Detail

Body%20-%20Right%20Detail_zpsfftw1ula.jp

Left Detail

Body%20-%20Left%20Detail_zpsb8dtled1.jpg

Ab Details

Ab%20-%20Details_zpsujpwrhhf.jpg

Helmet

Front

Helmet%20-%20Front_zpsaanpdwow.jpg

Back

Helmet%20-%20Back_zpsthiayfkw.jpg

Right

Helmet%20-%20Right_zpsnykusgtu.jpg

Left

Helmet%20-%20Right_zpsnykusgtu.jpg

Lens Color

Helmet%20-%20Lenses_zpsivnpmx8f.jpg

S Trim

Helmet%20-%20S%20Trim_zpsoq3lvkzv.jpg

Hovi Mic Tips

Helmet%20-%20S%20Trim_zpsoq3lvkzv.jpg

Interior Strapping Ab & Chest

I know that the strapping could look much better and I originally tried the bracket system, but I have a long torso and found that the extra support of more elastic kept everything where it needed to be while looking very nice from the outside (and not bending the armor).  I plan to rivet the sides when I shed a few pounds and get down to Centurion weight.  I know a specific strapping system is not listed in the guide, but I understand if this disqualifies me for EIB.

Interior%20Strapping%20-%20Front_zpseffz

Interior Strapping Back, Kidney, Butt

Interior%20Strapping%20-%20Back_zpsgu5jj

Cod

Cod_zps4gnq1weg.jpg

Butt Interior

Butt%20-%20Inside_zps1cek8os9.jpg

Butt Exterior

Butt%20-%20Outside%202_zpsqrwxlcio.jpg

Legs

Knee Right Exterior

Knee%20-%20Right%20Painted_zpsf1gvb6pc.j

Knee Left Exterior

Knee%20-%20Left%20Painted_zpsplne9imt.jp

Knee Right Interior

Knee%20-%20Inner%20Right_zpsrvfiseip.jpg

Knee Left Interior

Knee%20-%20Inner%20Left_zpswo6kkmtb.jpg

Sniper Knee Right

Sniper%20Knee%20-%20Right_zpsc4dytszw.jp

Sniper Knee Left

Sniper%20Knee%20-%20Left_zpsggu4rffy.jpg

Accessories

Belt Front w/ Holster

Belt%20amp%20Holster_zpsmernhx8h.jpg

Belt Rear w/ Inner Dropboxes

Drop%20Box%20Backing_zpsnh1ycg5o.jpg

Thermal Detonator Outward Facing

Thermal%20Det%20-%20Front_zpspj3khtmo.jp

Thermal Detonator Inward Facing

Thermal%20Det%20Rear_zpskdoh1hig.jpg

Neck Seal

Neck%20Seal_zpsqzebaxu8.jpg

Gloves Rubber & Silicone Hand Guards

Gloves_zpsptbjstej.jpg

Boots Side 

Boots%20-%20Side_zps0swd658e.jpg

Boots Top

Boots%20-%20Top_zps6jwjuwpe.jpg

Blaster Right

Blaster%20Right_zpswzbv41e9.jpg

Blaster Left

Blaster%20Left_zpsgvcxknwd.jpg

Blaster Bottom

Blaster%20Bottom_zps3z2ddgjl.jpg

ACTION SHOT!!!!

Action%20Shot_zps51emodiu.jpg

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.  I am already proud to be a part of an amazing brother/sisterhood and hopefully can walk in the footsteps of EIBs who have led the way.

Thank you,

Bryan

• Like 1

Hey Brian!  Your armor is looking good.  I don't see any glaring issues.  You might want to show your screws on the Thermal Detonator. Good luck!  :salute:

Hey Brian, we're almost ready brother. Can we get a couple more photos. Left side of the helmet and a close up of the hovi tips and Vcoder. Thank you

Hey Brian, we're almost ready brother. Can we get a couple more photos. Left side of the helmet and a close up of the hovi tips and Vcoder. Thank you

Hi Tony,

Thank you so much, please see below for the Left Side, Hovi Mic Tips closeup, and VCoder.  Sorry about not including those in the original post - it seems photobucket got the best of me.

VCoder

20170613_195000_zps9ycr2kgm.jpg

Mic Tips

Hovi%20Tips_zpsunngmf8r.jpg

Helmet Left Side

Helmet%20-%20Left_zpsw9npepim.jpg

Hi Bryan, welcome and thank you for applying for EIB. Let's have a look your armor.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All the required submission photos have been posted. Without further delay,  your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. Sly and myself  would like to welcome you to Expert Infantry. Congratulations trooper       :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestions may affect the application process, it will be listed separately in either the above EIB or below Centurion requirement sections. In our ongoing strive for accuracy we have a few areas to cover, all to help you look your best. Though the following suggestions will not effect your EIB application they are highly recommended, especially if you choose to shoot for Centurion.

Starting from the top. 1) The Anovos provided ear mounting screws are incorrect. No fault of yours however, the screw type should be "V" head not the provided "Pan" head. If you haven't changed out the original ear screws we're recommending you do so. Don't discard these however, as they can be used to replace the Thermal Detonator screws we'll talk about shortly.

ear.png

Here's a screen used helmet armor reference photo

Helmet-crop.jpg

2) Stunt frown paint should extend to the edge of the last tooth. Yours will need to be longer.  

frown.png

Reference photo

gallery_12157_36_77206bc.jpg

3) Frown paint over spray. Anovos is notorious for leaving over spray around the teeth. Basic 501st requirement as noted below is the paint is not to leave the teeth Area. Though most GMLs fail to check this during basic approval, at the higher levels we look at just about everything. Most applicants use mineral spirits and a Qtip to clean it off. In the even you remove too much paint if may be necessary to repaint the teeth effected or entire frown.

Helmet For 501st approval:

• Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. 

frown%203.png

Reference photo

gallery_12157_36_77206b.jpg

4) Hovi screen mesh is too fine. The mesh Anovos uses is incorrect, it should be a bit more coarse. Some folks are using tightly woven flower sifter screens, but your best bet is to contact Hovi sellers here or elsewhere roe replacement screens.  

20170613_195000_zps9ycr2kgm-crop.jpg

Reference photo

Hovi%20tip.jpg

5) Vcoder edge lines are too soft. The screen used helmets have very definitive Vcoder paint lines. We're suggesting applicants touch up the area as needed.

vcoder.jpg

Reference photo

vcoder.jpg

6) Shoulder bell to chest and back plate gap. There should be little gap here. The bells should almost touching the shoulder covers. Beside readjusting the shoulder to bell strapping. You also might want to try removing more lower shoulder bell return edge. This should draw the bell closer to the chest and back at the bottom.  

bell.png

Reference photo

Shoulder%20gap.jpg

7) There should be minimal back plate to kidney gap. We're suggesting you tighten the strapping between the two.

back%202.png

Reference photo

f609da44-0cd0-46aa-bfe2-66bb64f9f0a1.jpg

8) No a big issue but worth mentioning is the right forearm cover strips should be aligned with the biceps cover strips.

forearm.png

Reference photo

0cf05f11-ac6f-4c19-80cc-66c5f34160aa.jpg

9) It appears there is return edge on the Ab button plates where there should be none. If there is, it is highly recommended you remove it.

ab%20button.png

Reference photo

gallery_12157_16_7278-crop6.jpg

10) The Thermal Detonator Philips head mounting clip screws Anovos provided in your kit are incorrect. Conveniently enough the screws Anovos used to secure the ears to the helmet are very close to screen accurate and would be a good choice  ;) .  

td.png

Reference photo

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

11) Your thigh are sitting around 1" too low. We're suggesting you maybe remove the upper return edge so they can be pulled up.

thigh.pngthigh%202.png

Reference photo

Thigh%20and%20shin%20clearance.jpg

12) Gap between Ab and kidney, right side. Though yours is very close these is to be minimal gap here. A simple strap adjustment should do the trick.

right%20ab.png

Reference photo

1ef96f55-7993-4e49-99ec-475631c84636.jpg

Centurion Suggestions or Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here. The following areas will need to be fixed prior to applying for Centurion if that is in your sights. 

1) As mentioned in the EIB section the gap on the right side will need to be closed.

CRL states: For level three certification (if applicable):

• Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor.

1ef96f55-7993-4e49-99ec-475631c84636.jpg

2) Six rivets are required on the right side armor, 3 on the ab, 3 on the kidney.

For level three certification (if applicable):

• Three rivets, approximately 5/16"(8mm) diameter, are present on the left side of the abdomen armor.
    • Note: The original rivets used for the TK armor were bifurcated rivets or split rivets.

• Rivets are equally spaced along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge.
  • The heads are rounded or domed.
  • Rivets are painted white.

You will need to install the six rivets on the left side of the Ab and Kidney. There are literately 100s of build threads ot tutorials illustrating how to do this.

ab%20left.png

Reference photo

gallery_12157_16_598_1.jpg

3) A single male snap is required for the upper right side ab plate. 

• A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate is present.

ab%20right.png

Reference photo

gallery_12157_16_24471-cropb.jpg

4) Drop boxes should be aligned with the outermost edge of the ammo belt. The easiest fix for this is to simply glue the drop box straps to the cloth waist belt itself. 

• Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

drop%20box%202.pngdrop%20box%203.png

Reference photo

gallery_12157_59_37792-crop.jpg

5) And lastly, you'll need to remove the return edge on your forearms near your wrist.

• No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

forearm%202.png

Reference photo

gallery_12157_59_23801.jpg

That's it Bryan, just a few items to correct and you'll be rockin the Empire. Congratulations again and  hope to see you at Centurion   :jc_doublethumbup:

Thank you Tony!! That is such great news to hear!

Also, thank you very very much for being so clear on the next steps. It's enough to keep me busy for a while, but I'm not scared of a little work and taking baby steps to the finish line.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk