Resizing thigh armour question

Tisco2k

Does anyone have any tips for unsticking the thigh strips safely as i need to make the thigh pieces fit better??

Sent from my Imperial data pad using Tapatalk

Add a little heat with a hair dryer and peel off gently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Which adhesive was used to assemble the armor? If it's E6000 then it's an easy fix. If it's CA glue, two-part epoxy, ABS/PVC cement, etc. then you will have a much greater challenge pulling off the cover strips.

• Like 1

Assuming you used E-6000, you can also put them in the freezer (if they fit).  This will stiffen up the glue, then you can carefully use a thin razor knife underneath the cover strips to pry them off.

• Like 2

E6000 - I used a butter knife, hot or cold armor. Set it on the floor (carpet or towel), start at the top and with two hands slide it down separating the strip.

CA - Same technique except you might need a small hammer to gently tap and cut through the glue.

• Like 1

After resizing im at loss as to the best way to tackle this extra bit at the top as its the same on both sides... Is it as simple as to round the bit off and if so any suggests as to best line to trime18ded61544f83fedcc29a72a46698dc.jpg

A before and after pic.95edd2d8975c1242b5e79fd4a3f7f82a.jpgbce385bec65f31d84badfd90aeb70560.jpg

Wow I've been looking for a few photos of someone else's back thigh armor.  I have the same gap along the lip and wondered if that would be acceptable!  This helped me out!