Plasti Dip

So I'm thinking of spraying the inside of my bucket with plastidip, but wanted to know if it would better to just use regular spray paint for less smell, if there is such a thing between the two?  :laugh1:

Plasti-Dip will smell a bit for the first couple of hours, but it will disappear after a day or so.  Before applying it, I recommend lightly sanding and then wiping it out with rubbing alcohol to make sure the surface is completely clean.  Sanding it will help with adhesion.  Be sure to mask off all the areas (eyes, teeth) with blue painter's tape first.

• Like 2

For the teeth, since they are difficult to mask, you can try what I did.

Put Vaseline on a q-tip or other small applicator and apply to the outside of the teeth, then mask the whole frown from the outside. It acts as a release agent and wipes off easily w/ rubbing alcohol.

I did also try to block the teeth gaps with rolled up tape to keep the overspray to a minimum.

• Like 3

For the teeth, since they are difficult to mask, you can try what I did.

Put Vaseline on a q-tip or other small applicator and apply to the outside of the teeth, then mask the whole frown from the outside. It acts as a release agent and wipes off easily w/ rubbing alcohol.

I did also try to block the teeth gaps with rolled up tape to keep the overspray to a minimum.

GREAT idea, Brian!!   :jc_doublethumbup:

I used Plasti-dip and its has no smell after about 24 hours.  I did use ventilation and breathing protection when using it because it is potent stuff, but a day later and nothing.

• Like 1

Thanks Shane. Glad to hear that it goes away I really like the stuff I use it for a lot of other things but never something I'm going to have on my head for potentially hours at a time. :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just did the inside of my helmet with Plasti Dip and it was so easy! I took great care to mask everything off carefully but the Plasti Dip doesn't run and spread and leak anywhere near as much as regular spray paint. Very pleased with the results! This is 2 coats.

After I took the photo here, I later touched up around the eyes with black paint.

aae2d4dcb0ee347b3b3e0ba65efb5e3c.jpg