Hello im RWA Creations

Hello. My Name is Ross Walmsley and i am from the Isle of Wight in England. Christopher Pearson is an active member on this forum and suggested i pop up a post to see if i can become an approved supplier by your selves  :) .

I will start from the beginning..

I joined the UK Garrison in 2009 trooping with a FX TK kit and SDS bucket. Our squad (The Vectis Remnant Squad) were given an old X-34 land speeder that the UKG had owned for several years. We restored this and i got my first taste of prop building. This has become more and more of an obsession over the years and we have built a pod racer, Tatooine Backdrop and a brand new X-34 landspeeder for Celebration last year and various other items. About 5 years ago i started experimenting with vac forming in an old oven and made my son a mini biker scout kit. This is when we decided to make a few Sandtroopers to go along with our speeder.

Me and a friend bought a second hand home built vac former and started to experiment and modify the machine.

This is when the TK/ TD started.. We had an old overcast ROTJ TK kit that was in a pretty bad way. very soft pulls and mould lines on the shin rear, thigh rears, biceps and forearm rear.

We used a heat gun to try and get a bit of shape back into the kit and held some parts in wooden frames to support it.

coating several times in gel coat we build up a workable layer that we could later grind back and shape.

we continued with fibreglass and then backfilled with bonding to stabilise the bucks.

When this was dry we broke of the outer plastic and were left with our rough copies. we then attacked with grinders, dremels etc to rework the lost details and remove the mould lines etc. I am a few years into this now and still have plenty of mods to do on the kit as i want to get it to the best i can.

This only started out to supply a few members of the Vectis Remnant squad but soon started to spread. I began selling to UKG members and word of mouth took over. I set up a Facebook page "RWA Creations" at the start of this year as i decided to start sculpting various other armour etc. there are plenty of pics in my albums to take a look at.

I seem to have built up a good reputation as being self employed for over 20 years i know how to run a business well.

Below i will pop up some photos and annotate with my adjustments..

Helmet, originally re shaped, re defined frown, deepened tears traps etc. recently completely reworked as this photo. more depth to traps and tears etc, sharper back cap

base, more height to back cap. eye bump. sharpen vocoder and surrounding areas..

gntCCzk.jpg

dfP4B62.jpg

Ab. Sharpened all details. added return edges. letter box to centre section. created line to belt zone. WIP... re shaped by pulling sides in, moving lower line below the

belt off centre and tidying up more..

1BSxRv8.jpg

WFMAOfD.jpg

Belt, knee ammo, drop boxes, buttons etc. All made from wood.

4yVYR6A.jpg

Forearms. Originally had one left one with mould lines on rear. copied split and reversed to get a pair. these were still a bit small and awkward so i made 

a longer set as seen below. I need to remake these again as they require more shape.

95DI4Cy.jpg

Here is my 1mm kit i made last year. this allows me to get in vehicles and on the floor etc. proper stunt suit ;)

6SKv0qU.jpg

lEsahvg.jpg

OpwTZpi.jpg

I have also made bucks for Shadow Guard, Tie Pilot Armour and working on various other items :)

cheers for now :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 7

Hi Ross and welcome to FISD!  I have seen your armor pop up here and there for a little while now.  It is nice to see you come out and tell us a little about yourself.  Especially for us US/Canada based troopers.

• Like 2

Ross, just a quick word if I may to say that I truly appreciate the transparency and openness of your work to this community. I understand that you have a strong following in the UK, and I believe it's beneficial for the rest of the membership on FISD to have first-hand information about who you are, what you do, and how your armor came to be. :salute:

• Like 4

Hi Ross have heard good things about your armor, can't wait to see it up close

• Like 2

Hey Ross Mate. Good to see you in here as Well. Following your awsome work closely. I'm taking quite a fancy to your 1 mm TD/TK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Paul has been chatting with the staff to identify the roots of my kit. I would like to confirm the base kit is TE derived :) .

I am very pleased to say i have now been added to the "Vetted makers" list :) 

Thanks Ross :) 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see another vetted armor maker. I'm wanting to become a armor maker myself. Right now I'm still in the very early stages . Not wanting to take any short cuts or wanting to end up making some cheesy armor. So I'm taking my time making sure that things will be done right. Good luck and hope you continue to make a good name for yourself in the community. Your armor looks great .

• 2 years later...
Hi there, I am lookin for a forearm if you can help me out for a shadow stormtrooper thanks

Hey trooper,
If you haven’t had a reply just yet, quickest contact route for RWA Creations is through their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/rwacreations/?ref=share).

Best wishes
Dan
  • Like 2