First Order Stormtrooper - Scratch built

MIMIC

Beautiful sculpt! Lots of very crisp lines. Beautiful!

Now, If I wanted to be overly (accent on overly) critical and trying to be as screen accurate as possible, I would say the chest plate lines around the arm are too linear and should be more rounded. The upper legs pieces should be a little more rounded also when reaching the top of the leg. The cod piece is a little more smooth and does not have any edges/bumps same for the leg, it does not show much of an edge.

Please don't get me wrong, you definitely have a first order stormtrooper armor there! No one would confuse that armor with anything else. I can only imagine the amount of work put already into it! This is awesome work and I would be proud to be caught wearing that armor!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So quick question, the unfinished ab is slightly different then the finished white. Are these levels of development?

Hey, yes the whole thing is continually being worked and re-worked - trying to get it as close as I can :/ I actually fully moulded the ab plate and cast it before releasing I'd made a pretty big mistake on it. Which was upsetting lol

Beautiful sculpt! Lots of very crisp lines. Beautiful!

Now, If I wanted to be overly (accent on overly) critical and trying to be as screen accurate as possible, I would say the chest plate lines around the arm are too linear and should be more rounded. The upper legs pieces should be a little more rounded also when reaching the top of the leg. The cod piece is a little more smooth and does not have any edges/bumps same for the leg, it does not show much of an edge.

Please don't get me wrong, you definitely have a first order stormtrooper armor there! No one would confuse that armor with anything else. I can only imagine the amount of work put already into it! This is awesome work and I would be proud to be caught wearing that armor!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, thank you so much! Yep all good observations... the cod piece to me is the biggest problem and I'll be re-doing that again and again until it's right. Thank you for the input I really wish I'd posted here a little sooner, please keep an eye out for future development. Anything that helps me makes it more accurate I'm all for!

Wow, amazing work. Looks so sharp!

Terrific work as always Mimic!

Are these pics of the latest kit of the earlier one? The cod still looks a little too stylised.

Hey JAFO!!!

Thank you, it's still the same kit just being tweaked constantly.

The cod piece is ironically being a real pain on nuts lol!!! But it's been cut up an reshaped again so hopefully next time you see it it will be correct :)

I might PM you at some point about your belts JAFO, I'm starting to source the rest of my suit.

Thank you everyone, amazing response, I didn't expect that.

• Like 1

Nice work on this! Great craftsmanship for sure. I really like how sharp the details are. Will you be doing the helmet too? Got to get my popcorn ready for more updates! Looking forward to more progress! Thanks for sharing and be proud of your amazing work!

• Like 1

Great looking work. I can appreciate the amount of time and hard work that you have put into it , having started on a ANH TK suit of armor with only pics to go off of. It got really frustrating. I did the same thing. Tweaking and Retweaking and it still doesn't look quite right. But in the eyes of others they see only what it is supposed to be and don't really notice all the things that you would notice. I'm not that familiar with that armor , and I'll say it is definitely first order TK. Something to be proud of already.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...