Mikes TM 2mm ANH Stunt build

Ok. Had family over here then had a go back to the Uk for a couple of weeks.
Didnt manage to get any time for help with the legs while in the uk which sucked but did manage to get a package from TM with replacement cover strips as I'd messed up most of the first set.
Cyprus comic con in 10 days... pretty sure at this point its not going to be ready... but maybe thats a good thing. Take my time a bit more and after losing a load of weight the recent trip has put some of it back on so maybe missing the deadline will mean i can get a bit more off. Dont think the weight will effect the legs much... always had muscle in my thighs but its more the waist that will benefit

After coming back to Cyprus i decided to leave the suit a week or so and finish the e11 just to get one project out of the way.
Blaster now ukg approved!

This week ive completed the belt and added holster. Will show photos when next doing a test suit up.
Only forearms and strapping to do on top section now so returned to legs...
Dont know why but just a bit daunted on these.
Ive taped up the thighs tonight ready for trimming.
I'm quite big at the top of the leg but a lot thinner at the knee so I'll not need to trim much if any from the upper rear part of the thigh but as it gets down to behind my knee much more needs to come off or it looks quite boxy round knee.

Because more comes off near the bottom knee part, im going to have to be careful when trimming to get the straight line.
I placed a cover strip on top to show me the true line of how it should look... any other tips before cutting?

I taped in the thigh strapping i got with the kit and tested both thighs with the belt i plan on using
The thighs sit just lowering onto the knee cap.
Not as uncomfy as previous but i reckon ill have to take the predictable short person scoop off the back above the knee.
Id like them to sit slightly higher above the knee. Is there a guide as to the best
Also.. will it help getting rid of the return edge at the top of the thighs?

Any feedback appreciatedd128bb7d7d1b41ee5557aa4c3c7baccf.jpg9592429ac11b94452315c1a3120adb72.jpg47d6668928d921bee5ace42d37692f57.jpg932b2579a91212d6f618faae361534f9.jpg979610feafbde7539bd866cbb2a8fe08.jpg117cfd095d55c3e8f26df3f60d7e5cc3.jpg94ef9fe7201f0a49a3ae49eb6cafc306.jpg2040f88fcedf2e6ac6a5d1f9e6e37dec.jpg9fe602ee9c18ea7d84df4e57d084f9aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Mike

I also built a TM kit recently.

Maybe my approach for the thighs is helpful for you too.

I left quite a lot of the return edges at first, inner thighs and outer thighs had about 5 or 6 mm of return edge. After I had fitted the thighs to my body and glued them it felt not comfortable at the inner sides of the thighs when moving around, so I reduced the return edges at the inner sides to 3 or 4 mm which is now much better.
Perhaps this is a good way for you also, if you want to have a return edge to simulate a bigger armour. If this is not important for you, you can reduce the edges to nearly zero. I think this would lead to the best wearability.

One point for the right thigh where the ammo strap is fitted on. You can align the top of the two halfes to even them up and improve the look. This will lead to an offset at the bottom of the thigh at the knee area of course, but this is covered by the ammo strap anyway at the end. Nobody will see this offset ;)

I think I am a bit taller than you, so my way to find a good position of the thighs will not really help you. But I tried to leave a finger wide gap between the bottom of the thigh and the top of the kneecap. Perhaps this helps.

I hope this will help a bit. Keep going and have fun with your build ;)

Regards

Patrick

Edited by Schmetterhemd

Paul (TrooperMaster) is creating a tutorial on Facebook which may be of help.

I have a TM as well. You should definitely leave enough room to slip a couple of fingers into each armor piece. If the pieces are too tight, they will constrain your movement and be uncomfortable. Truth be told, even when fitted correctly, they will constrain your movement... but at least you'll be more or less comfortable. :)

Make the front vertical ridge the same or a little wider than the 20mm cover strip. If the thighs are too tight, you may need to add a little plastic to the back but I recommend resisting the urge to use an excessively wide cover strip because the overall look of the armor is great affected by doing this. Also, keep in mind that the ammo pack will cover the right knee ridge but the left knee ridge will be visible when walking. You will most certainly trim an arc at the bottom edge of the rear ridge to making walking easier... or possible. So be sure to line up the tops of he rear horizontal ridges on both. I can add photos later if that doesn't make sense. The top can be trimmed a bit to remove the sharp corners.

Hey Mike may I suggest not overlapping the armor when you're test fitting, you're losing roughly 2" or 5 cm of room you need to account for. Also, when you assemble the armor that's the method you'll be using.

Butt the two haves against one another then tape and measure. 

• 1 month later...

Right, moved on and somewhat a lot closer to being finished but now facing a few challenges.
I did a full suit up the other night for the first time.
Happy with the way it went. Not too worried about the chest rising up as you can see in the pics, i didnt really take time dressing, i mainly wanted to see how the legs would be with the torso on.
Needed help getting in it but got the suit off by myself!!
The last bit of construction is the ammo pack onto the knee.
Extra Rivets were delivered today as I'd messed up the ones TM sent.
The plastics on the front on the legs practically touch so from talking to Paul, im likely to need to trim some off the bottom of the shins to lower them.
The thighs feel a tad long (altho 5.10 ive clearly short legs!) But Paul advised only take off the top of the thighs as a last resort, drop the shins first.
Ive taken troughs out of the back of the knees as instructed that still makes it screen accurate.
Really struggling with the rivets to secure the ammo pack.
Using a c-clamp to secure. Not having much success.
They end up at an angle and I have to get them off with the dremel.
Good news though!
There's 2 of us in Cyprus!!
Severain has just got cleared and in the process of setting up an outpost.
Just need to get myself sorted!!87ea46a5eb571ccd6c37990433bf0ef7.jpgce5e60e86f10d68c9b9d36bf00994242.jpgfb557818dd1f95e0d7e064dde3495208.jpg8fd3543e52c069b82793cabce2a6e74b.jpg5658c30e1556d6bdfbfd494cff40d275.jpg771c660d942da0844bf459b77dd43abe.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. The Cyprus outpost is on its way and ive been told to get my submission in with the 501 lmo direct (as the other cleared trooper did a few weeks back) as the outpost obviously does not have one.
So, having finished the ammo pack on the knee the build is looking close to done.
Going to get my paperwork in but as ive been doing my wip here in line with ukg as one day I'll be returning to Blighty I'm posting clearence pics here too.
Anything amiss?
It's gonna be great for my diet this thing. Ive had a few weeks without putting the suit on and ive been stuffing my face... put it on last night and could certainly tell I'm not the same size and when measuring and cutting a few weeks back!!
Time for a salad big lad!!
f2a7a92636d71215edac6a6bc63e37dd.jpgc80390a7414a3f2ef76a4f3918032491.jpg2c78d5f026cc8bfe2c63ee629a730c25.jpg431e47719044c9497c7b61c80d4e5a90.jpgd06123e8bb6c66f450bff97c859f5e97.jpge2dd29f650a738a9a2e6049c33f8f2a1.jpgae475a8be36be4174d307d7d19ad168a.jpg6f960d280ddf970eaf1406ff29bdee59.jpge5de26038a35317104b502101693fbb8.jpg