How does everyone go about cleaning and caring for you boots. Trooper boots aren't cheap or easily replaced. So what's the best method of taking care and shining up our boots. Coming from a realm of mostly cheap sneakers, I don't really know the first thing about taking care nice leather shoes. Is there a difference in care between a white leather (TKBoots or Imperial Boots) vs black boots that have been dyed or painted. I know the boots are the last thing people see when we are in armor.

I think a lot of us try to be economical when developing our builds, sometimes by choice, often by necessity.  One thing I did not want to go cheap on was the boots.  Being on your feet all day or marching in a parade can be taxing on the feet, so it makes sense to treat your feet well with good fitting and comfortable boots.  Mine are white leather like most and I have found that using good old fashioned white boot polish not only removes scuffs, but also keeps the leather soft and well maintained.  Put the polish on, rub it in and buff.  Also, I let my boots air out after a days troop, just to try preventing stink.  So far, so good. TK Boots come with shoe bags and I use them anytime the boots are not on my feet or airing out. I hope this helps.

• Like 2

Yeah of they're white just polish them and they should be good. If they're painted you should just be able to touch up the paint as needed, whether they're black or white. Then of course if you're a sandy it doesn't matter the dirtier the better.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I think a lot of us try to be economical when developing our builds, sometimes by choice, often by necessity.  One thing I did not want to go cheap on was the boots.  Being on your feet all day or marching in a parade can be taxing on the feet, so it makes sense to treat your feet well with good fitting and comfortable boots.  Mine are white leather like most and I have found that using good old fashioned white boot polish not only removes scuffs, but also keeps the leather soft and well maintained.  Put the polish on, rub it in and buff.  Also, I let my boots air out after a days troop, just to try preventing stink.  So far, so good. TK Boots come with shoe bags and I use them anytime the boots are not on my feet or airing out. I hope this helps.

where did you get your white boot polish?

where did you get your white boot polish?

You should be able to find it in any shoe store or department. Also you can get a clear polish.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I noticed that you now have TKboots, which should last you a LONG time with proper care.  As suggested, a clear polish should do the trick.  Also, as Shane mentioned you should leave them out a day or so after a troop to prevent odors.  The first thing I do after I get home from an event is put a set of shoe trees (as seen below) inside, which will help them keep their shape.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 2

Mine come off my feet, air while I pack up everything else.  Then last thing before I leave is I throw them into a bootbag and ignore them until the next troop.

I find my Imperial Boots TOO white and so I don't clean them or anything and I'm letting the grim build up.  I probably should let them air out more between troops though to be fair, but I am really not into being overly precious about the kit.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Prib said:

My boots seam really white compared to my armor. What can I do to get a better match, or is this normal?

IMG_1631.JPG

you can weather the boots to match the white of your armor or just don't clean them or anything as Chris said for his Imperial boots.