Rubies Armor - first look

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

swiped this pic taken at CJ from rebelscum, it looks truly awful

IMG_1374.JPG

Ā 

all you needed to say was "Rubies" :lol::lol::mellow::lol: you didn't even need the pic :lol:

------------

The Don Post "Deluxe" mould isnt the best starting point. I like it as it has a certain look that I quite like - however its patently inaccurate

Ā 

But somehow Rubies has managed to make it look even LESS accurate. Man that requires talent

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Jez

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I don't know, but it looks like they'll hit the guy in front of him in the back of the head if they extend just a bit further out of the sockets.

two words: Missed opportunity!

It looks like they took a hasbro 3-3/4" figure and blew it up life size.

And then sprayed it with 8 layers of clear lacquer.

Here is my crystal ball prediction. Some one with talent will buy it. It does have qualitys...

A few...

Ā 

1, Biceps look good. Only need tweeked.

2, Legs look all right. The thighs no, but the legs yes.

3, The chest is right to a point, it has the molding and droopy neck line.

4, It will make a some one a great cast to recast and fix then sell.

Ā 

Did I say recast... :blink:

Ā 

Yep.

Ā 

Toss the helmet, assemble it correctly and wear it right. I tryed to get them at CJ to let me wear it. I wanted to use my buds TE2 lid to model it. They chickened.

Ā 

The Vader is acceptable in the 501st with mods. Extreme yes, but doable. To date, Rubies makes the best ROTS Vader chest armor. Like it or not...

Ā 

I think outta the box its horrid. But wait...

Ā 

Ā 

It will happen.

I agree, and it would'nt have cost anymore to design an acurate mold than an in-acurate one. Not one penny more.

I dont think its the supplied plug, I think its the cheap way they make things in mass... LFL probably gave them the real deal, but its the junk they put out. Look at the lids? Easy to mass produce in one peice blow molded glory. The TB helmet is also testament to that. Don Post of old is now Rubies...

• 2 weeks later...
Wow thats a shiny lid, even the rubber trim's shiny :huh:

Ā 

I think they nailed, the getting squashed in the trash compactor look, down to perfection though :D

I don't mean to derail, but someone in my area was recently crushed to death in a trash compactor.

She was shoplifting!

two words: Missed opportunity!

It looks like they took a hasbro 3-3/4" figure and blew it up life size.

And then sprayed it with 8 layers of clear lacquer.

Ā 

Amen! Worse still it looks like they blew up that truly bobble headed first release hasbro 12" Stormtrooper figure (circa 96)...

Maybe THAT'S what you wanna dress up as when you wear this suit...

• 3 weeks later...

I wish they had have taken more care with this, instead more overpriced crap from Rubies. I thought the eyes in the helmet looked more like bulldog eyes.

Ā 

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

In all honesty, the suit itself doesnt look that bad. I think it would lend itself well towards a ROTJ costume if you replaced that abomination of a helmet. With a few modifications I would go as far to say you could even pull elite status with it.

Ā 

However I'll take the ABS and HIPS over a rubberized plastic any day of the week.

ThayNerd said:
This is their "normal" one.

-----------

Ā 

Ā 

Sadly, besides the helmet, I think I'd almost want to troop in that thing instead for the money HAHAHA.

Ā 

What garbage. I'd honestly love to see who buys this. Even if you don't do research, you'd think that the supreme version's face would look wrong with it's alien buggy eyes, and it's deformed and warped armor.

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but what a piece of crap. Local Halloween shop had it on display...It took everything in me not to burst out laughing. I'm a noob, but putting together the FX (yes, I know not the best example of TK armour) and being on this forum has made my eye critical. It just looks all wrong and the way they put it on the mannequin. Looked all disproportionate and odd. I'm sorry for the poor sap that buys it thinking they are getting the real deal.

Ā 

DD.

i would like to see it worn properly.

which no picture i have seen has had it displayed/worn properly.

the helmet, obviously, is crap.

the rest of ths suit just looks like a soft recast (maybe its the material that its made of) ROTJ/tour suit.

honestly, its alot more correct than the FX. wether you want to believe it or not.

Ā 

edit: well this is what i get for skipping page two!

trooperstormy said:

---------

Ā 

found these on feepay

the armor looks fine (for ROTJ), the helmet NO!!!

Edited by gmrhodes13

i would like to see it worn properly.

which no picture i have seen has had it displayed/worn properly.

the helmet, obviously, is crap.

the rest of ths suit just looks like a soft recast (maybe its the material that its made of) ROTJ/tour suit.

honestly, its alot more correct than the FX. wether you want to believe it or not.

Ā 

edit: well this is what i get for skipping page two!

Ā 

the armor looks fine (for ROTJ), the helmet NO!!!

Ā 

I think Rubies molds may be pretty close to authentic, however it seems that the materials they are using, the pulls they are doing, and the construction are what are really and truly ruining this. Get Rubies to pull in ABS and I wonder how it would look.

I think Rubies molds may be pretty close to authentic, however it seems that the materials they are using, the pulls they are doing, and the construction are what are really and truly ruining this. Get Rubies to pull in ABS and I wonder how it would look.

Ā 

thats what ive been saying all along! :D