TK-61972 "Haribon72"

Walter was a tremendous help during my initial basic approval build. He was very patient with me and gave me a lot of tips on how to build this armor correctly. When it came time to go for expert infantry level, Walter really made the process very efficient. He created checklists and made sure we all met the standards of expert infantry by the time we took our submission photos. I wouldn't have made it past the finishline if it wasn't for the guidance of Walter and his armor building skills !

Edited by VenicioKristylz
  • Like 2

me and my wife (TI-41146) would not have been Legion members without the help of Walter and his wife Ma-An, I met Walter and Ma-An at an armor party with my TK kit that took forever to finish. I just wanted to be a legion member and a basic level 1 TK is all I hoped for, but Walter made me realize and encouraged me to go all the way EIB and later on Centurion. Walter generously opened and offered his house as our workshop for several weekends just to help me finish my armor, working 6-10 hours every session. I wouldnt have finished my TK armor and strapping without the help of Walter. Before meeting Walter, I had no idea on how I will make my strapping or even how strapping works. He did all the crucial parts and pieces on my armor, making sure its up to centurion specs even though I just wanted basic, he patiently helped me all the way, I even took my application photos at his house. I am currently building an At-At driver and the only reason im building one is because of Walter, my own tribute to my mentor.

• Like 1

After convincing me to join the 501st Legion,  Walter has been very instrumental in helping me build my TK. Upon purchasing it, I took my kit to scheduled armor builds at his house. There were usually several people there building their own TKs each at different stages of construction. Walter had been working individually with all of us teaching us how to measure, build and make adjustments to our own suits. In turn, we gain confidence not only to work on our personal projects, but helping each other. Since I was the newest attendee, I got plenty of help from the guys Walter mentored. Upon finishing my TK, I was quickly approved into the 501st and with Walter's continued help, I quickly gained EIB and Centurion status. His patience, skill, leadership and knowledge, deserve accolade and much recognition.

• Like 2

As a lifelong Star Wars fan, I've been a longtime fan of the 501st Legion and have been friends with a lot of members for as long as I can remember.

When I was seriously contemplating on (finally) joining and building my first costume, I serendipitously met Walter in Anaheim.  Through that random engagement, Walter promised to help me out if in case I decide to join.  Easy said, right?

Almost a year later, with an armor kit in tow, I contacted Walter through Jay (Drumstrooper), lo and behold, he remembered me and he remembered his promise to help.  I was impressed.  This is a man of his words!

Walter was one of my key consults when I was building my TK.  I was privileged enough to attend one of his famous workshop sessions and got my building confidence propped.

Even though I worked on my kit in my garage,  it never felt like I was alone in the process.  Walter, like Tony or Jay, were just either one text, call, or FB messenger away. 

When I was 99% done with my kit, I hit a crucial snag in my build.  Walter unselfishly welcomed me to his home, a workday, in the evening til about 2 in the morning.  That evening, I finished my kit. 

Walter is the epitome of the mantra "troopers helping fellow troopers."

His unselfishness is a bright light in the Legion and one that needs to be intensified.

Thanks Walter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would to like to submit the next trooper that recently completed his EIB application.

John has been a long time legion member and purchased another TK kit in 2015.

His old TK armor wasn't to make EIB.    When he arrived with his new TK kit, we went to work on four armor sessions (eight hours each day).

When my family events and work schedule changed, Tony (UKSWrath) stepped in to finish up the job.

TK-42111 John

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42011-tk-42111-requesting-esb-stunt-eib-status-aprt-mod-731/

Edited by Haribon72

Walter and his wife opened up their home to assist with my armor build a couple of years back. Walter and a few other members as well came to the house to assist with the build. I was floored to see how knoelwdgeable he is and how well he blended the shims together with the ABD plate. He is very patient and took his time perfecting what he does with great pride. Thank you much. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you Tony and FISD Staff!  Waiting for my final approval from Command Staff for my Armorer status.

Edited by Haribon72

• 3 months later...

Thank you Paul and FISD community for the acknowledgement!   Feels great to help newcomers with their TK builds and watching them develop into legion members and officers.

Our 2017 Team Armor Builds in the Bay Area have come to an end now and looking forward to starting them up again in the Spring of 2018.  Happy Holidays to all!

Walter Ronald & Marie Ann (my wife)

TK-61972 & BH-31680

Home of the Team Armor Builds in the Bay Area

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Thank you ShaSha, Tony, and Q!

I have another Bay Area TK in progress.   This will be a slow build.   If I can get one successful Centurion through the gates this year, i'll be more than happy!