Hammerite Hammered Finish Spray on Resin/Plastic

nDreaZ

Hammerite Hammered Finish Spray

Is made for metal to stop rust. But i'm thinking to use it on my Modified Hasbro to get the "Hammered" look on everything except the grip, trigger, t-tracks, hengstler?

Dunno if it would work thou, as it is not made of metal. Anyone else know or maybe even tried it?

Edited by balterz

Test it first on similar plastic. Just to see if you like or not. It is kinda hard to undue paint. You can paint over it , but some paints have a texture to them which would require a lot of sanding to undue.

I used the black "crinkle" spray on my resin E-11 and it came out great.  Whichever one you use, be sure to mask off the T-tracks, handle/trigger, ammo clip, etc.  Here are some images from Tim's (Dark CMF) awesome E-11 build (before he applied the crackle finish).

----------

The most important thing is to follow the directions on the can exactly.  Trying it on a test piece first would be wise.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I used hammerite on my doopydoo resin blaster after laying down a good even undercoat/primer. Gave a good look. As Joseph said make sure you mask off well to avoid getting it everywhere. It is a pain in the wookie to get it off the little intricate areas if you overspray.

d98195f33c1dc6e6e67efb2747eef4c7.jpg

a8de31c778363ee3be5671fc8ccd87f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I masked off the areas that were not being done with hammerite and sprayed that on top of the primer then removed masking tape and sprayed satin black where required as the hammerite was a gloss finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright. I've already primed my blaster with a grey primer. And used gloss black on the grip. Gonna mask everything except barrel now and use hammerite on that. Continue with satin black on everything else. And then conntinue with very little drybrushing.

The handle should be shiny black, and the rest should be matte (flat).  Be sure to let any paint or primer you use cure for a few days before using masking tape.  It may seem dry, but if it's not cured it may peel off in some areas.