ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - A build in Belgium

ok there is a few things that could be tried first of all, if under suit is on order what about a cheap pair of compression leggings that is what i used for my build phase. with that in mind i would then look a the return edge in the cod piece area reducing this to say 5 mm which will give better placement of your main lower chest piece to start with which in turn might bring the butt and kidney plates up slightly as well. Again adjust the neckline return to around 5 mm again and the increase the gap across the shoulders try 3 inch's this time you do have room for maneuver due to the coverage of the shoulder strips  

• Like 1

I now using some sort of underleggings to fit the armour and follwed yr advise :

1. cod area return edge 5 mm

2. neckline return edge 5mm

3. gap between the shoulders is 8cm, slightly more than 3"

Here some new photos. As you can see, the backplate now reached the kidney plate, but there might be two problems. The neckline really pushes in my neck and it is difficult to breath normally. Also, there is now a gap between my back and the backplate. The backplate shoulder pieces are also below my shoulders.   What do you think ?

Thanks !

20170609_090540.jpg

20170609_090642.jpg

20170609_090636.jpg

20170609_090807.jpg

Edited by JS1

hi johan look like you still have a lot to work with in the lower chest plate return cod area which in turn will move the plate in and up will try and edit your pic to show you 

the pic below is not the best shot but if you look across from  the top of the thigh you should see what i mean 

close%20up%20left_zpsghunkop6.jpg

yep thats the one, have a look into a few of the centurion submissions there will be photos of peoples clam-shells opened up for additional reference, you can then bring the kidney and butt plate up thus reducing the gap across your shoulders 

check out the alignment of the kidney plate to front lower chest plate as well in photo above 

20170609_090642_zpsngywmp9a.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tip Chopper857.  Things improved a lot now. I still need to cut the neck area so I can easily breath.  

Do I need to provide a return edge for Centurion level on the neck ?

Thx

Johan

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi Johan, they indeed look quite bulky and much bigger than the forearms.  I made the upper armor so big that there are two fingers space when I contract my biceps muscle. 

I would suggest that you reduce the size of upper arms and try them again, using painters tape to hold them together. But don’t cut off any material until you are happy  with the look and feel of the parts. 

Cheers

Christian