EIB Armors By Year - 2017 version

In 2017 the FISD is hoping to welcome our 1000th EIB, but how did we get here?

The EIB program launched back in 2007 with the aim of encouraging troopers to a higher level of accuracy than was possible before with early armours. EIB #1 used FX armour, an armour that many new members will never even see.

During the 10 years of the program much has changed. Most of the armour available then is not available anymore, and standards of what is EIB acceptable have become more strict. Not forgetting the Centurion program added in 2011 to further encourage troopers to great looking armour.

Full size

By looking at the data we can see that the armours that founded the legion, like FX, declined from favour over the years as more accurate armours like AP, ATA, and TM grew in popularity. RS also grew very rapidly from their first appearance in 2012.

The spike in 2012 is surely due to the release of the Complete Saga Blu Ray. This gave previously unprecedented access to high quality screen shots and allowed troopers to really pick over every detail.

Looking to the present we see a trend that most current makers are growing in popularity as the Legions Stormtroopers gain in number, thanks surely to the new films gracing our screens.

The biggest jump in numbers came from Anovos in 2016. Whilst many worried they would come in and damage the current market with their large manufacturing abilty and Disney license. The data suggests that we may not have needed to worry. In fact ingoring Anovos the EIB count was up for 2016 and looks to be the same for 2017. What this tells us is that Anovos has not so much as taken market share but opened up the market to a new world of TKs who otherwise may never have joined our ranks.

So where are we heading? Well modern armour from our vetted sellers is more than accurate enough to acheive truley excellent results. Gone are the days of heavy mods or parts replacement. Most of the less common kits are also more than accurate enough to take to EIB, and often beyond.

I believe most new troopers should be aiming high with EIB and Centurion as their targets. Experianced builders are able guide and assist either via the internet or in person at troops and armour parties. Regardless of the armour used there's now less reason than ever to aim high.

As the legion grows and the films keep rolling in we have a bright future for the EIB program. Who will be EIB #1000 or the first First Order or Rogue One EIBs?

• Like 16

I always like to see numbers and charts :)

I definitely think that as more armours are coming out of the box at a higher standard and the knowledge base is growing from reference sources and without doubt the huge impact of build threads and guidance from experienced builders, the amount of EIB troopers will only increase to a point were most will go for it straight away, which can only have a positive effect on the Centurion numbers.

• Like 1

Outstanding article and information, Chris!  This will definitely be a shot in the arm toward our March to 1000 campaign.  IMHO this should be in the next NL to add some awareness toward our goal.

• Like 1

Very interesting read, especially being one of those folks who joined the ranks of Stormtroopers with my ANOVOS kit last year. It's the only armor I know and its very cool to see the history of the other makers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the data!

I love charts, because often a story is revealed that you weren't even looking for.

For instance, as you explained, the movie releases have an even larger effect than the new makers on the market.

For me, if the Anovos price point had not appeared (and now long gone) in their pre-order launch, my dream may have stayed out of reach.

That said, I have learned much and would probably now go with an armor maker such as AM that makes the 2.0 size pulls.

So shims are my goal right now to join the ranks of the first 4 digit EIBs  :duim:

• Like 1

I was just snooping the forums trying to get more comfortable on here, and familiarize myself. Having just submitted for my Centurion, I found this read informative, and well written. Thank you for taking the time to do it!!!!!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Edited by Soulart
  • Like 1