First Build - ANH TK

17 minutes ago, rig24 said:

Thats my question, how to remove? Just pry them apart?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I personally use cover strip material slightly sharpened at the corners (like a knife but less dangerous). Slide it in between the shoulder plate and chest plate (shoulder/back plates side). Slowly pry it off. 

7 hours ago, rig24 said:

Esh, too late to get the corners back...but thanks the same 

Not to worry, Rob.  When painting them, be sure that the paint stays inside the raised button area, preferably with a small gap around the bottom as seen below.  A small, round tipped "filbert" style brush works well for doing this.

Reference image

fQSlDwg.jpg?2      SuCCZeT.jpg?1

• Like 1

Take it slow although with ATA armor you are less likely to break them (unlike my paperthin Anovos ones). Also as Mark mentioned if you want screen accuracy you don't need to round the corners - a little to prevent snags is fine, but the key is to be subtle.

19 hours ago, ukswrath said:

I personally use cover strip material slightly sharpened at the corners (like a knife but less dangerous). Slide it in between the shoulder plate and chest plate (shoulder/back plates side). Slowly pry it off. 

As indicated, I was able to separate  the pieces fairly easily, nice that e6000 is so forgiving. Will clean up and try again.

• 1 year later...

Working on the shins...extremely slow progress :D

I'm 5/7, so a little short for a trooper.  I taped up the right shin pieces and tried it on.  At it's current length I can get about 35 degrees of knee bend before the armor restricts my motion.  I believe I read somewhere that the bottoms of the shin do not require (or need to not have) a return.  Can someone confirm this, I haven't been able to find any information on it again.  

Also, when cutting them back, best to cut a 1/4 inch or so and then try on, repeat if needed?  Or is there a better way to cut once?

thanks!

• Like 1

When ever adjusting calves/shins make sure you try with your boots on, can make a BIG difference ;) 

3 hours ago, rig24 said:

Thanks for taking a look. Second pic is as far as I can bend my leg at it's curre

Yes Rob, as Glen pointed , don't trim or made any change till you have tested with boots. 

At the end you can trim the bottom section, (never the top),  of the shins .

IS5A0Fs.jpg?1       izlU58k.jpg

Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, rig24 said:

Finally got the boots! Taking a look to trim the shins now. About how far up the leg should they be?

76ec782307db721770da312c8ff6127e.jpg

Before trimming anything off the shins you should try a test fit with all your armor then have a look at the gaps between the thighs and shins and also between the cod and thighs, you may need to adjust a piece which will impact another piece.

As you can see from the screen reference there is not much a gap but for a lot of our taller troopers we end up with a larger amount of black showing.

wFQol3W.png

7 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Before trimming anything off the shins you should try a test fit with all your armor then have a look at the gaps between the thighs and shins and also between the cod and thighs, you may need to adjust a piece which will impact another piece.

As you can see from the screen reference there is not much a gap but for a lot of our taller troopers we end up with a larger amount of black showing.

wFQol3W.png

Appreciate the advise. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Fitting the thighs and have very little leg bend available. Was looking to trim the tip portions when I came across that it is preferred to notch the backs of them. Below is a markup of what I was thinking. Basically cutting out the returns on the back portion.

Sound right? Thanks18d4d850cb22b4e06b7006c770a9dacb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, rig24 said:

Thanks, so what I marked up looks fine?

Looks good to me

large.308468886_imageproxy(2).jpg.ade225

gallery_12157_15_61719.jpg

• Like 1

hace 22 minutos, rig24 dijo:

Thanks, so what I marked up looks fine?

Looks good to me too.

CRL L3  Any mobility cuts on back of piece do not go past raised ridges.

18d4d850cb22b4e06b7006c770a9dacb.jpg.e2ec817dea182061bd2c94d9aa803fa6.jpg

Ordered some of the shoes from imperial boots and they are slightly small. Is it common to sell them to someone else on these boards? I only tried them on, no no actual use.

I bought them about a year ago, and just now tried them on...not my smartest moment.

1 hour ago, rig24 said:

Ordered some of the shoes from imperial boots and they are slightly small. Is it common to sell them to someone else on these boards? I only tried them on, no no actual use.

I bought them about a year ago, and just now tried them on...not my smartest moment.

Absolutely you can sell them here. Or possibly try offering them up on your local garrison boards also.

IB makes great boots. The trick is order One size up. 

You're getting there!:duim:

Good Luck Future Trooper!:salute:

• Like 1

Absolutely you can sell them here. Or possibly try offering them up on your local garrison boards also.
IB makes great boots. The trick is order One size up. 
You're getting there!:duim:

Good Luck Future Trooper!:salute:
Your right, they do look great. I read to size up, but got confused with the European sizing.