First Build - ANH TK

Looking good trooper. Just breath we'll get through this together. Little advice regarding the ab buttons, make sure the outer edges do not overlap the Ab mounting base, they should fit just inside. It's also suggested paint and install these last to avoid being scratched. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking good trooper. Just breath we'll get through this together. Little advice regarding the ab buttons, make sure the outer edges do not overlap the Ab mounting base, they should fit just inside. It's also suggested paint and install these last to avoid being scratched. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So are you saying I should trim them down a bit more?

And thanks!

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

It looks as if the ones on the right may need a bit more trimming, but it may be the photo.  Here is a pic of an approved Centurion level Anovos ab button plate which should give you an idea of how much to trim.

f3a65884-b4d8-45ed-8cf7-0c5eea1c256a_zps

• Like 1

So are you saying I should trim them down a bit more?

And thanks!

Yes.

Here's a movie armor reference photo. It can look like these or similar. NOTE: It doesn't have to be exact.

gallery_12157_16_7278-crop6.jpg

The nerves will fade as you get further into your build. I took me over a year to finish my armour as I was scared of messing it up but the support you will find here will help you get past any obstacle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On to the arms...

I am 5'7" so after trimming the arms, they feel a little long.  I am worried about limiting my movements more than necessary.  Any advice on far to cut them down, or leaving them as is.

IMG_20170523_194301_zpsld3nslrp.jpg

Also looking for advice on trimming the sides.  How lose should they be?  Looks like they dont connect to any other part, so I am guessing just make it comfortable.  Then the strips should be the exact same width as the flat part of the sides?

Your forearm will need enough space to put your hand thru the wrist end there can be quite a bit of space in there as when strapped up properly will hang from your bicep and float on your arm. You could cut the inner elbow "u" curve deeper to get a better fit on a shorter arm,you can also remove the inner elbow return edge if you like so you dont get pinched, remember that it is armor and should not be skin tight, it should be able to slide up and down freely

Edited by MrSnrub
  • Like 1

Trimmed up the forearms and biceps. The "return edge" of the bicep is 30mm and the forearms are 20mm. The sheets that came with the armor has "arms - 15mm" written on it. Do I make the strips 15mm or make them the same length as I have for the return edges?

--Hope that makes sense...

Traditionally the arm's are 15mm coverstrips. Meaning each half is trimmed to 7.5mm. Make sense? Sometimes people need to go wider because you have to get your hand through opening at wrist. Which all return edge is removed from. For the rest of armor coverstrips. thighs front and back and front of shins are 20mm and back of shins are 25mm coverstrips glued only to outside half of shin in back. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Traditionally the arm's are 15mm coverstrips. Meaning each half is trimmed to 7.5mm. Make sense? Sometimes people need to go wider because you have to get your hand through opening at wrist. Which all return edge is removed from. For the rest of armor coverstrips. thighs front and back and front of shins are 20mm and back of shins are 25mm coverstrips glued only to outside half of shin in back. Hope this helps.

So go with the traditional size strips, or fitted to the same size my return edges are?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

From your picture it looks like you have the room to trim both halves down on forarms. Are you a big guy?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Another tip, if you feel the fore arms are too long once assembled, trim out all of the return edge at the elbow end as well as the wrist end. It gives a touch more movement at the elbow joint and is screen accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

From your picture it looks like you have the room to trim both halves down on forarms. Are you a big guy?

Not at all.  That pic was pre-trim.  Below is a post-trim pic.

IMG_20170528_205759_zpsngfa3qju.jpg

It has to be that big to fit your arm? If so then that's what it has to be. Return edge removed from wrist? Plus you dont need return edge on inside forearm if that helps. 20mm isnt the end of the world. Just the 15mm recommendation is movie accurate.

It has to be that big to fit your arm? If so then that's what it has to be. Return edge removed from wrist? Plus you dont need return edge on inside forearm if that helps. 20mm isnt the end of the world. Just the 15mm recommendation is movie accurate.

I'll take another look, I still have a return edge on the elbow side. For the biceps, I'm at 30mm, I don't belive I can go smaller. So 15mm stripes would be okay there also?

Ok. Did you trim return edge on biceps? I'd lose all the return edge on top and inside bottom and leave a small return edge on outside edge to retain look of thinkness. If that's done already I'd stay with 20mm on forearms and 20mm on front of bicep and wider one in back. That way you keep the look in front equal. Plus it should be said that wearing the compression top when fitting matters. Make sense kinda?

Ok. Did you trim return edge on biceps? I'd lose all the return edge on top and inside bottom and leave a small return edge on outside edge to retain look of thinkness. If that's done already I'd stay with 20mm on forearms and 20mm on front of bicep and wider one in back. That way you keep the look in front equal. Plus it should be said that wearing the compression top when fitting matters. Make sense kinda?

Makes sense, thanks