FISD Master Armorer Program - Overview

The FISD Master Armorer program is an optional, detachment only incentive award to recognize individuals who have directly helped another 501st stormtrooper to achieve Expert Infantry status. Some people spend countless hours helping others, and want to reward their results as well as incentivizing new people to help as well.

To register a “win” in the program, the assistance must have provided hands-on help trimming, building, and/or fitting of said armor for the person who was awarded Expert Infantry status.

Other program notes:

• Helping remotely, giving advice, or taking payment in exchange for help does not account, all work must be voluntary and without expectation of compensation.

• The assistance must be for a period of 30 minutes or more. Spending 15 minutes tweaking someone’s fitting or taking photos does not count.

• "wins" can be retroactive, e.g. if you helped 5 people in 2017 already, those can count as long as they are fully documented.

Award Levels

• 5+ “wins”: FISD Armorer Badge

• 15+ “wins” FISD Senior Armorer Badge

• 25+ “wins” FISD Master Armorer Badge

The process

• Person applying for the award will create an application thread to track the help they give.

• For each “win”, they will list the person they helped achieve Expert Infantry status by copying their EI approval thread.

• For each “win”, the person who was helped will validate that this person helped them.

Next steps:

• Need a badge design. Will be similar to marksman or other skill badge.  

Questions?  Concerns?  Please feel free to ask!

Award Recipients

11/28/2017 - TK-61972, Walter @Haribon72, Golden Gate Garrison

11/28/2017 - TK-1636, Mike @TK1636, Dune Sea Garrison

02/19/2018 - TK-10116, Tony @ukswrath, Golden Gate Garrison

07/31/2018 - TK-70701, Jeff @Oztrooper, Southern California Garrison

09/11/2019 - TK-39093, Arthur @giskard8, Hong Kong Garrison

08/29/2022 - TK-61490, Justin @TheRascalKing, Southern California Garrison

• Like 10

Great idea to stand up this program! Does the plan allow for us to nominate troopers? I have a candidate in mind who might not be inclined to proactively start this effort on his own behalf, but is worthy of the honor.

• Like 2

Retroactive at all? My husband's got a centurion TK that would still be in the brown box without me building it with him :P

This is an awesome idea for an awesome program. Can't wait to see it rocking!

• Like 3

Retroactive at all? My husband's got a centurion TK that would still be in the brown box without me building it with him :P

This is an awesome idea for an awesome program. Can't wait to see it rocking!

Yup! As long as the documentation supports it absolutely.

• Like 1

Question.   

I had helped eleven local TKs in our area in 2016 (all hosting armor sessions at my shop).   Four reach Centurion in 2016 and one reach Centurion in 2017.    All volunteer work and I even provided BBQ lunches and dinner (going for bonus points here).  I have pictures to share if needed.

Does this still count or do I have to start over for 2017?

• Like 1

Question.   

I had helped eleven local TKs in our area in 2016 (all hosting armor sessions at my shop).   Four reach Centurion in 2016 and one reach Centurion in 2017.    All volunteer work and I even provided BBQ lunches and dinner (going for bonus points here).  I have pictures to share if needed.

Does this still count or do I have to start over for 2017?

It goes back to EI#1, so back at least 8 years. I suspect initially we'll get a *lot* of people, but I'm hoping it encourages those moving forward too.

• Like 1

Great idea and programme. I haven't kept track of those I have helped so happy to start from scratch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well I haven't kept track of all that I may have helped. I'll just ride Walter's coat tail lol 

we can take the credit together!   :D

It goes back to EI#1, so back at least 8 years. I suspect initially we'll get a *lot* of people, but I'm hoping it encourages those moving forward too.

Thank you Paul.    I'll get to work right away!   :salute:

• 2 months later...

I have helped a ton of new recruits I just need them to take pictures and submit for EIB. I can at least post the nine that have helped to get their EIB, with maybe another 12 or 13 more that need to submit. If anything we can maybe overtake MEPD.

• Like 1

I've been following up with my five recruits in my area all Spring and Summer and sometimes it feels like pulling teeth.      I've been trying to inspire them to continue with their kits (all Anovos).   I had two abandon their TK kits for Shore Trooper builds.   Ugh!     

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These where lost with photobucket hosting debacle so reposting

FUNroQO.png

VW10eJc.png

pk0ivnx.png

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, Glen will need to create his own thread in the relevant section and mention the links from there.