AM armor for Centurion Approval

As my old AM V1 armor is starting to show it's age and wear I am looking at the new AM for my new kit and am going to shoot for Centurion as a TKC, ( is there a TKC Centurion yet, the list is broken). So here is the issue as I see it, RT-MOD, isn't taking orders and AM seems like my only choice, I'm 6' 2" currently 290lbs, trying to get done to 250lbs again for the armor, so AM seems like the reasonable choice. The new armor has beenchanged in the following ways, as quoted from the email. 

"Overlap strips have been removed from the Calves and thighs and will require butt-joint / cover strip method of assembly".

"forearms completely resculpted to be more accurate and overlap removed".

vs the CRL

• highs use the overlap construction method. Using the butt joint and cover strips is not accurate.

• Lower legs are constructed using the overlap construction method. Using the butt joint and cover strips is not accurate.

• Forearms use the overlap construction method. Using the butt joint and cover strips is not accurate.

That is the issue as I see it, armor that will fit even vs the ability to achieve Centurion status. So, is there an exception in these type of cases for Centurion status?

Note that AM armor comes with the kidney/posterior armor as two pieces, which would be relatively easy to remedy, but have you contacted Mark (Sskunky) to see if his ROTJ armor would fit you?  If so, it would make your build a lot easier.

• Like 1

Note that AM armor comes with the kidney/posterior armor as two pieces, which would be relatively easy to remedy, but have you contacted Mark (Sskunky) to see if his ROTJ armor would fit you?  If so, it would make your build a lot easier.

Thanks, I sent him a PM

Unless something has changed as of last month AM has ceased producing armor.

Did RT-Mod state why they're not taking orders? Can you get on a wait list?

Early versions of AM armor are not excepted at  L2 or L3 for multiple reasons, overlap construction as well as the chest and back plates are incorrect. 

Unless something has changed as of last month AM has ceased producing armor. 

Did RT-Mod state why they're not taking orders? Can you get on a wait list?

Early versions of AM armor are not excepted at  L2 or L3 for multiple reasons, overlap construction as well as the chest and back plates are incorrect. 

Was there an update, I did a search but did not see anything regarding the end of production of the AM armor. In regards to RT-Mod an email was sent 2 weeks ago however to this date there has been not reply so it is unknown if he is taking orders or if I can get on a wait list. And last as I stated I was the 1st TKC to achieve EIB, however after 5 years of wear and the updated standards I realize that my kit is not up to snuff, thus why I am doing these inquiries. I'm definitely open to any other suggestions.  

AM armor - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41456-does-am-still-make-armor-or-has-anyone-taken-over-the-sculpt/

Type: AM/NE/AM2
Kit: .090 gauge ABS - trimmed - Fan sculpt
Availability: Expect 1-2 months
Assembly: Butt joining required for the legs. Arms can be overlapped but trimming those overlaps off and butt joining is recommended. Comes trimmed out of the box, but you will still be required to trim for proper fit to your body size.
Comments: An updated version of the older AM kits with a more accurate helmet and some other accessories. Best suited for the larger troopers who can have problems fitting into screen-sized kits. Comes in full or "lite" kits. Lite kits come without helmet, ABS cement or polish.

=== NO LONGER MADE ===

Sad to see AM armor is no longer made, was hoping one day to go for a sandy with his armor........after I finish my AM2 TK.

Wonder if anybody will take over production using his forms ?

Edited by Artshot

Sad to see AM armor is no longer made, was hoping one day to go for a sandy with his armor........after I finish my AM2 TK.

Yea, sad to see it go.

AM armor - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41456-does-am-still-make-armor-or-has-anyone-taken-over-the-sculpt/

Type: AM/NE/AM2

Kit: .090 gauge ABS - trimmed - Fan sculpt

Availability: Expect 1-2 months

Assembly: Butt joining required for the legs. Arms can be overlapped but trimming those overlaps off and butt joining is recommended. Comes trimmed out of the box, but you will still be required to trim for proper fit to your body size.

Comments: An updated version of the older AM kits with a more accurate helmet and some other accessories. Best suited for the larger troopers who can have problems fitting into screen-sized kits. Comes in full or "lite" kits. Lite kits come without helmet, ABS cement or polish.

=== NO LONGER MADE ===

Totally missed the "=== NO LONGER MADE ===" damn shame I liked my AM armour, hopefully RT-Mod will get back to me sometime

Edited by Wildabeast

• 4 weeks later...

I hope AM is still making armor considering I have a paid in full order in since late April...TG said 2 months out in April. I might have to contact them.

Yes contact them to confirm.

I certainly hope so.  My AM armor is built like a tank.  The only downside to AM was that they did not offer replacement pieces, as the whole kit was pulled at one time.  Hopefully when someone takes over production with their bucks they will use a smaller vac-form to offer these as needed.

Just got a response from TG...they said current run is only four weeks out, and they are still making armor. They also mentioned they are using a new stronger abs formula for this run.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 6 months later...