Walk A Mile In Her Shoes- A TK's solo journey...

This was my Second year attending this important event as a lone Trooper.

This walk is very important to me on many levels. And though I've recruited a couple more members in my remote area, I was the only one able to troop it. I went alone. No handler, because it's important.

This is a mile walk for men, to support all women. To stand up against sexual violences and abuses towards women. To fight against discrimination and gender equality. In blood Red high heels no less.

I trooped in my ANH Stunt. In armor not gender identifying to my woman form. (Unless you looked closely, or paid attention to my ease in heels)

I find it extremely powerful to walk among my fellow gentlemen for a great cause. Not as a woman, but as a survivor of sexual abuse or violence. Dressed as a male Trooper. Ironic really, to be holding a sign stating "Put yourself in her shoes.."

I've been in those shoes.

It was a chilly day, and the rain came. Making the red of our shoes so very prominent against the gray of the day.

The Mayor. Fire Fighters. Police officers. EMT responders. Businessmen. Clergymen. People of all walks trooped that morning. I was proud once again to walk with them, and overjoyed to see the numbers of participants had increased since last year. Despite the chill.

If you ever have the chance to troop this event in your respective communities, I strongly urge you to do so. For every woman you cherish and hold dear. Your mother. Grandmother. Sister. Daughter. Wife. Best friend. Any woman. Every woman.

With Unquestioned loyalty,

TK-41307

Soulart

9000ccff1beb687b916b20860ab15565.jpg435ba52bda2e3f46c6c9e3878b2c6a9d.jpgc605cce5d6b17e0ea21adf6c8eb66ac4.jpg48ffb8a6c6b5822d0795c0d64e68aebe.jpgcadd961e81cf2f7af5d3c9b35cb5507f.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• Like 11

WOW..  I can't even imagine trying to walk 10 feet in those things, let alone a mile!  Kudos to you and all those other brave souls (especially the men) for taking part in this worthwhile cause,   :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: .  I'll never complain about my TK boots hurting again!

• Like 3

That's some bravery right there in armor and very awesome cause. I would fall right on my face lol. Great photos and awesome work trooper!!

• Like 2

WOW.. I can't even imagine trying to walk 10 feet in those things, let alone a mile! Kudos to you and all those other brave souls (especially the men) for taking part in this worthwhile cause, :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: . I'll never complain about my TK boots hurting again!

Oh I know you could do it!!!! Its amazing what one can do when they decide it's important enough to do. :)

I was surprised to see the perfect blister I earned! Not due to the heels, but the shin armor moving! Ugh. :)

Thank you. Its a very fun walk. All the men cling to one another for support. Or to their respective Lady partners to help them. It's a lovely time for so many reasons.

• Like 2

That's some bravery right there in armor and very awesome cause. I would fall right on my face lol. Great photos and awesome work trooper!!

You wouldn't. Someone would hold you up. Or offer an arm. :)

• Like 2

Damn. My ankles ache just by looking at them heels.

Brave trooper doing it in your armor with reduced vision.

Yes ... that's truly the deterent here. Vision in that helmet! Yikes. Right at the beginning, my dang fan battery died and so add some great condensation from the chill and the rain.... Twice I took my bucket off to wipe away the fog...

• Like 3

Great work Trooper! TK Boots don't look so bad after seeing this.

I think next year I best get a pair of high heel boots that my armor can rest on. So nothing rubs on the skin :)

I think next year I best get a pair of high heel boots that my armor can rest on. So nothing rubs on the skin :)

I can help modify the bottoms of those shins so that they don't do that again next year, and hopefully I will be able to join you on that walk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can help modify the bottoms of those shins so that they don't do that again next year, and hopefully I will be able to join you on that walk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Edmonton has that walk. I bet Calgary does as well. We should check out dates and see about all going. I'd love that Garrison photo!

• Like 1

I know Edmonton has that walk. I bet Calgary does as well. We should check out dates and see about all going. I'd love that Garrison photo!

Brilliant idea!

• Like 1

You wouldn't. Someone would hold you up. Or offer an arm. :)

That is very awesome :) Would defiantly do this walk if we have it here. Gonna look into that. 

• Like 1

That is very awesome :) Would defiantly do this walk if we have it here. Gonna look into that.

That would be fantastic!!!!! If you find it, please let me know!

• Like 1

There are many ways someone can "lead from the front". As stormtroopers we are known as being first through the door, for instance. However what you did is a different but equal type of bravery. Congratulations on a job well done. I salute you for leading the way :salute:

• Like 2

There are many ways someone can "lead from the front". As stormtroopers we are known as being first through the door, for instance. However what you did is a different but equal type of bravery. Congratulations on a job well done. I salute you for leading the way :salute:

Thank you kind sir!

Hopefully next year I've more troopers recruited in my area (I'm trying...) , and we represent in several pairs of heels!

• Like 1

Well, I am in pain from just reading and seeing this.. Ugh. HOW!?

Old Jedi mind trick!

Oops. Nope. I tapped into the Dark Side.... The Force was with me.... I was one with the Force....

I was praying to Vader, I didn't trip and bust a heel or snap my sniper knee off. That sucker was a pain to glue on!

HA!

• Like 1