Troopermaster three in one kit (ANH-H, ANH-S and ESB)

I just have to do a little armour show off...and know many of you (us) like looking at great armour. A little Photoshop with my kit(s):
Death%20Star%20BW_zpsk9nd6c3r.jpg
I ordered a completed set of 1.5mm armour from Troopermaster last year. I've built a number of kits in the past and felt that the added expense of getting it pre-built would more than offset the time it takes me to put yet another kit together. Obligatory BBB shot:
IMG_5658_zpsurh22oep.jpg

I ordered a Hero bucket with the kit and since I wanted to tackle three different variations of the armour, I got Paul to send me three separate belts and holsters, ANH latex hand plates on rubber gloves and ESB hand plates.  Man, Paul did not disappoint! 
IMG_5660_zpsgyujzokf.jpg

While we somehow got my thigh sizing wrong, I arranged for Paul to send me a new set with the backs undone. I was able to quickly close them up with E-6000 and I was good to go....
IMG_6790_zpsmwk7wvf2.jpg

This is beautiful armour! I got Paul to put it together just like the originals--right down to new old stock Newey snaps and original strapping! 
IMG_5667_zpsterbxqha.jpg

Anyways, here's a couple of my my Hero submission pics. I need to drop a few lbs to close the side gap and then I should be good for EIB and Centurion. Side rant: I think the stringent side gap rule is ridiculous when there is so much else allowed for Centurion that is not screen accurate. One peruse through the Centurion apps is enough to realize that our bodies come in all sizes. Side shims are required, but other fitting issues for height etc are not? Some tall individuals, for instance, end up with massive amounts of black showing. Vertical is okay, but not horizontally, I guess?  Furthermore, in my opinion, screws should be mandatory on the torso armour and ANH Stunt and ESB helmets should be painted white and not left as raw ABS. I know those areas of my armour are accurate at least.... /EndRant
TK-42124%20Hero%20Front%20Small_zpsyxwcy TK-42124%20Hero%20Back_zpssl3u8afa.jpg

Edited by Nagedzi
  • Like 1

I'm currently building up an RS propmasters bucket as a replica of the trooper squad captain that enters the gantry and release the droids in ANH. It has gloriously massive ear gaps! It will likely be my primary trooping bucket. Still in progress....

IMG_5593_zpsnbeeqanw.jpg

A final montage of me in all three kit variations. My ESB and Mr No Stripes are CAP-W and are chipper builds, as will my RS when completed....
Three%20Kits_zps943ollcb.jpg

Edited by Nagedzi
  • Like 1

I just have to do a little armour show off...and know many of you (us) like looking at great armour. I ordered a completed set of 1.5mm armour from Troopermaster last year. I've built a number of kits in the past and felt that the added expense of getting it pre-built would more than offset the time it takes me to put yet another kit together. Obligatory BBB shot:

IMG_5658_zpsurh22oep.jpg

I ordered a Hero bucket with the kit and since I wanted to tackle three different variations of the armour, I got Paul to send me three separate belts and holsters, ANH latex hand plates on rubber gloves and ESB hand plates. Man, Paul did not disappoint!

IMG_5660_zpsgyujzokf.jpg

While we somehow got my thigh sizing wrong, I arranged for Paul to send me a new set with the backs undone. I was able to quickly close them up with E-6000 and I was good to go....

IMG_6790_zpsmwk7wvf2.jpg

This is beautiful armour! I got Paul to put it together just like the originals--right down to new old stock Newey snaps and original strapping!

IMG_5667_zpsterbxqha.jpg

Anyways, here's a couple of my my Hero submission pics. I need to drop a few lbs to close the side gap and then I should be good for EIB and Centurion. Side rant: I think the stringent side gap rule is ridiculous when there is so much else allowed for Centurion that is not screen accurate. One peruse through the Centurion apps is enough to realize that our bodies come in all sizes. Side shims are required, but other fitting issues for height etc are not? Some tall individuals, for instance, end up with massive amounts of black showing. Vertical is okay, but not horizontally, I guess?

TK-42124%20Hero%20Front%20Small_zpsyxwcyTK-42124%20Hero%20Back_zpssl3u8afa.jpg

Nice looking piece of kit! In response to cleatence, I guess it's easier to deal with adding shims to the width, rather than trying to lengthen a thigh etc.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1