Praetorian Blasters new Rubber DLT-19 project

slave1pilot

Hey gents
It's been a long time coming and I promise the wait is almost over .
A few things came up that pushed us back but it's gonna be worth the wait (I hope lol)
Here's a few pics of the very first casting from the new mold .
It's just the lower, but we have the last part in silicone as we speak .
We wanted to improve upon what we had offered years ago and made a few changes :
1. Separate feed tray cover
2. Separate muzzle
3. Charging handle included and will be screwed on
4. Disc molded in
5. Ejection port box is molded in
6. Fins are molded in and have slots for the wire (they will come pre-wired by us)
7. The selector lever is now present
Here's a few pics
ccd0959f9a97d09e0c7210b0aa2b07f2.jpgd52276193f8d3d8220c37382b54ceebf.jpg
67494387acc7d1861f4eb75f845b1ef9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey gents
It's been a long time coming and I promise the wait is almost over .
A few things came up that pushed us back but it's gonna be worth the wait (I hope lol)
Here's a few pics of the very first casting from the new mold .
It's just the lower, but we have the last part in silicone as we speak .
We wanted to improve upon what we had offered years ago and made a few changes :
1. Separate feed tray cover
2. Separate muzzle
3. Charging handle included and will be screwed on
4. Disc molded in
5. Ejection port box is molded in
6. Fins are molded in and have slots for the wire (they will come pre-wired by us)
7. The selector lever is now present
Here's a few pics
ccd0959f9a97d09e0c7210b0aa2b07f2.jpgd52276193f8d3d8220c37382b54ceebf.jpg
67494387acc7d1861f4eb75f845b1ef9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2017 at 5:48 PM, slave1pilot said:

It's been a long time coming and I promise the wait is almost over..

Just wondering if there were any updates on this, including a price.  Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the quality-lacking photos. I was in a hurry. I'll shoot some new photos tomorrow. 

A few bits about this new set of molds and castings. Obviously, we are using the same rubber as we have for years. The muzzle cone is molded separately to provide a deeper, more realistic look. The bipod is molded separately, The receiver cover has been molded separately and the charging handle is molded separately. The charging handle is cast with a metal threaded insert. The gun is molded with a threaded post (10-32). This may be reversed in the future but I have to see if this will work or not. 

Normally, these will be painted black but this particular blaster has been painted a gun metal grey metallic to show better in photos. 

DLT19-00001.jpg

DLT19-00002.jpg

DLT19-00003.jpg

DLT19-00004.jpg

DLT19-00005.jpg

DLT19-00006.jpg

DLT19-00007.jpg

DLT19-00008.jpg

DLT19-00009.jpg

DLT19-00010.jpg

DLT19-00011.jpg

DLT19-00012.jpg

DLT19-00013.jpg

DLT19-00014.jpg

• Like 2

Sweet heavens that is beautiful. Great detail captured and love all the separate part features. I know it’s not practical for this type of rubber blaster but wish it was possible to have the main body separate into two parts for transportation or shipping overseas. 

Ok. So i've done some time and materials estimating and here's what I've come up with. 

DOMESTIC:

Firm Rubber DLT-19 (black): $485 shipped in the continental US

Charging handle will be shipped inside of the box but not assembled on the blaster

Firm Rubber DLT-19 (weathered): $510 shipped in the continental US

Charging handle will be shipped inside of the box but not assembled on the blaster

INTERNATIONAL:

As usual, I'm leery of shipping out of the continental US. I have done it on the E-11s but it's always sketchy. IF you are dead set on getting one of these blasters, I will ship to a US address and from there they can ship to you but I'm going to try NOT to ship outside of the continental US. The reason is that IF this gets stopped by customs it's just too expensive of an item to lose as well as replace / refund for the loss.

We have had customers purchase and have them shipped to a friend / fellow 501st member and have them forwarded to them from there. That has worked well but please be advised, you will do this at your own risk. If a "loss" happens as a result, I will do my best to discount a replacement for you but no guarantees.

Now I know what to ask for my birthday.  Man, these are sweet!  What I love best is in addition to the detail is not being afraid to drop it.

Yeah. I'm not sure that I did the wire wrapping correctly but yes, they are droppable. I personally like that the receiver cover is a separate piece glued in place. This allows for the hollow receiver. The charging handle is pretty too. I may in the future do a version that will separate for shipping and travel it's probably going to be a bit cost prohibitive. Who knows...

These are available. They will ship on Saturdays and will take 1 week to turn around. I may ship sooner but I want to make sure to give myself enough time to handle any problems that might arise. I've not made these in a while and they are about 4 times the amount of work as they were before when they were just one piece.

• 4 months later...

Just a head’s up so that nobody brings their pitchforks my way...
I’ve been out of PB for about a year (take a look at my most recent updates prior to this and you’ll have a rough date)
John made The “Official” announcement on Facebook a couple weeks back
66c588cb45515696fe13ccfe3bcceee2.png

I havent had contact with him in months so I have no answers for you guys. I am sorry .
~Nathan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk