Another Doopy E-11 Finished

Tee-Kay Fisto

Hi All

Yes this is another E-11 blaster build, or rather E-11 blaster built!

Got my Doopy kit in January last year and sat on it for a while before doing anything with it as I read so many brilliant build threads. This is what made me decide not to do a WIP for my blaster as with this being my first foray into building anything like this I was very reluctant to open my progress to the public (wish I had done a thread just to document what I went through). I'm not going to list all the builds I read constantly as there were so many brilliant people doing amazing things with this simple resin kit, but I feel I need to mention a couple at least. Christopher Pearson (themaninthesuitcase) came into my build in a big way due to his 3D printed parts I used and Tino (T-Jay) for his scary brilliant building skills.

Also printed out the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference. Took loads of tips and tricks from this and put my own spin on some of these (hopefully they worked out).

Moving away from the standard kit I upgraded several parts and detailing. Got lots of new parts of which many were not used for various reasons

Completion kit from Tino – loved the haribo!
Magazine from Gazmosis – got 2 as one initially was lost in space but turned up the week after second one arrived.

3D printed parts from Shapeways
Designs by: Christopher Pearson (themaninthesuitcase)
E-11 Power Cylinders
E-11 Stock Cube (not the edible kind)
E-11 End Clip
E-11 Front Sight with pin

Mag Power Cylinders by cboath - Not used - I preferred Chris' parts
E-11 Nozzle by gucabe - much more detailed than the Doopy cast nozzle
Front Sight Nopip by CFP214
Scope Mod by CFP214 – too short – Not Used
Ejector Port Guard by CFP214 – Not Used - ended up sanding and filing the doopy parts.

3D printed scope, lenses and retainer rings by toolguy301 - Not Used. Cool but not detailed enough. Lenses were frosted. Intended to use this after I messed up when I drilled out the original Doopy scope and glued monocular lenses into it with superglue which fogged the lenses and ruined the effect.
New Scope from Doopydoos which I drilled out and fitted the lenses from a Coolcase Compact Monocular from Amazon. (Larger lens than the one from Tino and looked more like my genuine scope).

Worked hard to get the blaster to this point, filling and sanding and painting. Primer, Hammered finish (not on the t-tracks, grip or scope) then satin finish black. Gloss black on the grip with aluminium on the trigger mechanism. Ejector port had to be repainted as it was not right, got gunmetal spraypaint to re-do it. Not doing weathering on the blaster at the moment, as I am brand new to this so is my blaster

Made the inner bolt and charging handle then made up a spring with the wire that was in the completion kit from Tino.

Next was to finish up the scope with detailing screws in the front and to highlight the writing.

Hengstler detail is a sticker from trooperbay or ebay, I can't remember which.

This leaves me with my finished blaster which I am quite pleased with. grin.gif

Time for some photos now.

30704605582_92a91bbb9b_z.jpgEjector side by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

30704605562_cf2b3e3222_z.jpgMagazine side by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

30733533321_9af1d52140_z.jpgTop front by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

30189660834_4da768529e_z.jpgRear by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

30733530871_1d2c7e5ab1_z.jpgThrough scope by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

30189660824_a3c3fcb416_z.jpgMuzzle and front sight by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

30733532731_c7e10e05e4_z.jpgPower cylinders by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

30704604862_abbf27a5f4_z.jpgFront stock detail by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

30935159970_2d68046e3d_z.jpgBolt detail and spring by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

31303385455_af4c737694_z.jpgFront view withn screws in scope by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

31303385485_5a54be6bcc_z.jpgHengstler and scope detailed by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

30495435353_2edc96a03c_z.jpgFinished Blaster by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

Thanks for dropping by for a look at my blaster. There are better ones out there but I am quite proud of my first build. Next one will be better I hope ;)

Cheers

Brian

• Like 6

Holy cow, I have got to start one of these.  That looks amazing.  I just need to buy a kit and get started.  Seriously, that is a beauty.

Thanks Shane. This was my first venture into prop building while waiting on the courage to get stuck into my armour. I took my time and this was the end result. Doopydoo are brutal for non-communication but the kit is good if you are prepared to work at it. It would appear that parts of some of their molds are starting to give up with details being lost. That is the reason I started replacing parts. I have spent lots more money on more blaster parts for my next two builds. Kinda habit forming ;)

Outstanding! Rebels be feared! Great attention paid to all the details.

That is high praise indeed coming from someone as dedicated to blasters as you.

thank you sir :salute:

Looks really great, Brian. Pity you didn't document your build - I've got many of the same after market parts :)

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

I now really regret not doing a build thread Rudi. It would have shown me where not to go wrong again ;)

If I can do this first time (second for a few of the parts) I'm sure yours will turn out fantastic. Start a thread and I'll watch eagerly the development of your blaster (and throw in any advice I can, limited though it will be). :duim:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Brian. Congratulations on completing your first E-11 blaster and thanks for the kudos.

It really looks like a factory new blaster, sitting ready in the shelf, waiting to get grabbed by the next stormtrooper and collecting marks of wear and tear on the battlefields ;)

You definitely took the extra mile with all the additional parts and turned this kit into something special. You can be proud of what you achieved, Brian.

Looking forward to your next blaster build - this one hopefully with build thread :duim:

• Like 2

Hello Brian. Congratulations on completing your first E-11 blaster and thanks for the kudos.

It really looks like a factory new blaster, sitting ready in the shelf, waiting to get grabbed by the next stormtrooper and collecting marks of wear and tear on the battlefields ;)

You definitely took the extra mile with all the additional parts and turned this kit into something special. You can be proud of what you achieved, Brian.

Looking forward to your next blaster build - this one hopefully with build thread :duim:

Thanks for your kind words Tino. Praise coming from the master means a lot.

My shiny blaster matches my shiny armour. I will probably revisit the paintwork and add weathering. Never got to the brass paint in the scope as I had planned. I'm very happy with the results for my first build.

My next build will be twofold as I managed to get my hands on a deactivated sterling while collecting the parts for an aluminium pipe build so they will probably start off together. Both will be documented in as detailed build threads as I can manage starting with the scopes I'm expecting from Brian (Bulldog44)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice piece. It's outstanding... cool addings there

Thanks man. I'd actually like to do another doopydoo build in the future to see what I can do differently.

I actually got a doopy kit for my future son-in-law and he hasn't built it yet. Perhaps I could offer to help him out by building it for him? Just to help him out of course Nothing in it for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad my parts were useful for you, came our really nice!

I did the same thing, left it new looking for a year. About 2 months ago I went back and added some topical weathering as there was a couple of areas where the paint has worn through and so was time to dirty her up a touch!

I need to do another at some point, was really fun and also my first prop build.

I don't think the old is wearing out so much as they did a bit of a lazy job filling some of it to allow the molds to be made.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Glad my parts were useful for you, came our really nice!

I did the same thing, left it new looking for a year. About 2 months ago I went back and added some topical weathering as there was a couple of areas where the paint has worn through and so was time to dirty her up a touch!

I need to do another at some point, was really fun and also my first prop build.

I don't think the old is wearing out so much as they did a bit of a lazy job filling some of it to allow the molds to be made.

Thanks Chris. I read your thread on many occasions. Just wish I could have been as organised as you. That goes for your armour build as well.

I don't know if I will weather this one or not. My thought is to leave it as a standard for my future builds that way I can track my abilities via the medium of blasters ;)

I've ordered a Sheartech rubber blaster for trooping so this one will be the first one displayed.

• Like 1