Newbie Question: TM?

Hey all. I've been combing through the forums for a bit and, as far as pre-built kits go, TM seems to be one of the favorites. Before I drop any money on it... TM owners, any issues you've found with your set? Anything about it you think an aspiring TK (ANH Stunt) should know? Thanks.

I got Paul (Troopermaster) to build mine up and it turned out great! I've built a number of other TKs myself and seen many others and it doesn't get much (or any) better than TM.... Not the cheapest option by any stretch, but this is one case where you get what you pay for.

Here's my TM ANH Hero:

0z1D1tB.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020
  • Like 1

Dare I ask... How much was the full kit?

Unfortunately you'll have to ask Paul yourself.... He's really approachable, though, and will give you a straight up answer. :)

Matthew TM is top notch stuff. I have one of his helmets and it is my favorite. You cannot go wrong with him. It's really top notch. If you want pricing you can PM here on the boards m

Well... Given that I'm looking to start trooping fairly soon, but am definitely working on a budget... Any cheaper, but quality enough alternatives to hold me over til my budget's manageable? I'd try and make my own, but my faith in my own crafting skills is nonexistant.

I'd try and make my own, but my faith in my own crafting skills is nonexistant.

That would be a multi thousand $ investment in time, tools and materials. There's lots of options for kits, if TM is not in budget have a read through ths post http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Though this is very much a by cheap buy twice situation. Stick to armours that are well known and stay away from ebay and stuff that seems too good to be true.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28304-how-much-can-i-realistically-expect-to-pay-to-finish-my-stormtrooper-costume/

Matthew there are a lot of good experienced guys in the NER if you need any hands on assistance.  We have all been in your shoes in the beginning.  Wavering back and forth on whether or not we have the skills to build a set of armor.  But after you make the first few cuts then you get more comfortable with the process.  And the best part about building your own set is you get to look at yourself in the mirror and have a great sense of accomplishment.

As Chris has mentioned and the information posted in the thread above, you will see that this is certainly not a cheap hobby.  When you look at the "cheap" side vs. the "more expensive" side you will see that ultimately you are only talking probably $300-$500 more.

• Like 1