Let the build begin.. Stormtrooper RS ANH WIP

Steftroop

RS Propmasters now keep imperial boots in stock . The white leather they are made from is lovely and soft , they really do look like the real movie boots , I love mine . 

I’m really going to have to get some.... how are they for size.... I’m a uk 61/2 so sometimes a 6 is too small and a 7 too big .... but other times I can get away with a 6 or a 7.... depending if the boot is a tight fit or not .... I could skyways pop over to RS, they are only 18 miles away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nip over and try some on would be my advice . I take a 42 usually, and 43 imperials fit perfectly .

the leather is soft , and the smaller sizes have softer soles , after a few hours wearing they look just like the boots in the movies, 

most modern painted Chelsea boots just look wrong, too stiff and badly shaped .

• Like 1

Im popping over to RS this week to get some, I know what you mean about the painted boots.....

As my granddad used to say “why spoil the ship fir an a-peth of tar”

I’ve spent so much on the costume I don’t want to spoil it with duff boots :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

It depends on your size. Everyone has different length arms. And you have it on the wrong side of arm. You have it on the outside and it should be on the inside bend of arm on the front. Also Imperial Boots run a size small so order a size up for anyone reading this.

Keep up the good work!

32600696904_e2f70b0356_c.jpg

Looks fine to cut like that:) I would however advise you not to cut intill you finished and then do "trial runs" to see if it`s really necessary, as you said you won`t be playing football in it:smiley-sw013: And don`t get me wrong there`s nothing wrong in cutting like you suggest, they did in the Movie så all good there to...It`s just personal preference on my part, I like to keep the black showing to a minimal and not that bothered about mobility as long as I can walk and not looking lika a penguin:P

Here`s a short video of me Walking, I know really exciting:D but perhaps it can give you an idea of what to expect:) I`m 5.10 by the way and didn`t trim any lenght-wise.

Great video...thank you..Ok I'll be more patient and try a few more trail runs...If I wasn't such a short a very impolite person 5ft5 I wouldn't be having these problems lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Don't know what happened there...it was meant to say...if I wasn't such a short a very impolite person 5ft5 I wouldn't be having these problems lol...sorry guys x

Great video...thank you..Ok I'll be more patient and try a few more trail runs...If I wasn't such a short a very impolite person 5ft5 I wouldn't be having these problems lol

Don't know what happened there...it was meant to say...if I wasn't such a short a very impolite person 5ft5 I wouldn't be having these problems lol...sorry guys x

Have you got strapping for your thighs? First get them as high as you want them...the higher the better in my opinion (just my opinion) and see how that works and then tackle the shins and see how they work together, from the looks of it you should do just fine:duim: I noticed that there`s less "knee-gap" on the right leg but since the left looks spot on it shouldn`t be to difficult to fix:)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steftroop said:

30 minutes ago, Steftroop said:

I don`see the difference? But no worries, I don`t think you are a very impolite person:D

The thighs do look big on you. How much space do you have? A good rule of thumb is to have 1/2" space between you and armor. A good look is to have bottom of thigh same width as top of shin from the back. If possible. Some people have big thighs. I'd also recommend waiting on trimming any length till it's final fit time.

The thighs do look big on you. How much space do you have? A good rule of thumb is to have 1/2" space between you and armor. A good look is to have bottom of thigh same width as top of shin from the back. If possible. Some people have big thighs. I'd also recommend waiting on trimming any length till it's final fit time.
Too big..think yeah right... gonna trim a bit more off and I'll post some pictures when ready.. probably in a couple of years lol

15 hours ago, Steftroop said:

.. probably in a couple of years lol

You got this Stefan! Looks like you used E6000 right? Then it`s an easy fix to remove the inner strip in the back, resize, cut and glue:duim: 

Disclaimer: I never use E6000, only zap-a-gap and plastic weld so my advise is based on what others have stated regarding E6000:salute:

You got this Stefan! Looks like you used E6000 right? Then it`s an easy fix to remove the inner strip in the back, resize, cut and glue:duim: 

Disclaimer: I never use E6000, only zap-a-gap and plastic weld so my advise is based on what others have stated regarding E6000:salute:
Thank you young man...yes I've used e6000 and in record time I have today resized, was dreading removing the inner strip but it came away easily which really surprised me. Picture to follow...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk