Huntress Predator

In addition to my Hero Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Snowtrooper and Tusken Raider I have a Planet of the Apes Gorilla Solider and now I'm proud to share my Veteran Huntress Predator costume to add to the mix. This was a commission build from a company called Wreav, they are a team of 3 individuals that collaborate to create beautiful costumes. I came up with a concept for how she should be painted and here she is:

Huntress003jpg_zps5nojquda.jpg

Huntress013_zpstfkbpvis.jpg

Huntress034_zps6drfs3nx.jpg

Huntress006_zpsynu0dxrq.jpg

Huntress028_zpsefjvbmp6.jpg

Huntress027_zpsowwyphle.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Photobcket images restored by Sl11
  • Like 3

Here is some of the build photos...

Getting ready for the head.

Huntress040_zpsjzbgo7bk.jpg

Getting ready requires help, I need 2 people to dress me. I'm also 6'9" with the head on, I'm normally 6'2". 

IMG_3508_zps88t5ehpb.jpg

First test fitting of the latex body suit. 

0FB460EE-1A90-443B-B5BC-B1FD1D6AB076_zps

Painting begins...

IMG_3065_zps1fenxggo.jpg

Huntress20_zpssfirmvhu.jpg

Huntress19_zpsmoboupgt.jpg

Huntress24_zpsqmsy4se6.jpg

Huntress27_zpsvnutm7rz.jpg

Huntress26_zpsw6gfcxpp.jpg

Huntress36_zpsmzfnox0l.jpg

Huntress39_zpsswfiivao.jpg

IMG_3478_zpszce78e6n.jpg

IMG_3479_zpsqkuaqc3v.jpg

IMG_3536_zpsta0zyd7j.jpg

I have a very wide upper back and shoulders and the body suit had to be modified and expanded to fit. 

Huntress35_zpspcehbpvd.jpg

In all her glory...

Huntress037_zps1wdqihm0.jpg

• Like 3

Now that's a great costume, looks like the head must weight quite a bit, more comfortable than a TK to move around in ?

The head is quite heavy, the weight of the dreads on the back on the head is very noticeable. Plus the head is basically skin tight to you head. So no fans the only air you get is from the eye holes and 2 little holes inside the mouth. 

Compared to the TK, I think the TK is more comfortable. This is HOT! beyond anything you can imagine you're encased in latex head to toe which is tight and restricts movement. I can't sit nor can I get me arms above my shoulders. I can't dress in this by myself I need to people to assist. Once the torso goes on which is tight squeeze I'm useless handlers have to dress the rest of me. 

Christina, I can't remember, but are you in the make-up/fx industry? Paint skills are killer! :jc_doublethumbup:

I'm in Animation, while I mocked up the colour scheme in Photoshop of how to paint it, it was two guys that I hired to cast the suit and paint it based off my art. 

So what's hotter? This or your TK? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its insane hot hot this is. I haven't done a con yet that's in 3 weeks so I;ll report back then. Its skin tight so its a little claustrophobic being in it.Your whole body is encased and once the head goes on you immediately feel the heat rise and the whole head is fitted tight to your head. I have to take deep breaths and focus on calming myself to get into it.  

• 1 year later...