Weathering My HWT / Working towards Centurion

Alay

Okay enough putting it off... time to weather my HWT and get it up to Centurion rank.

Starting with the helmet, because why not.

Starting with the pristine TK helmet

AXnzOzB.jpg?1

Our tools... Charcoal powder and a small blush powder brush.

jOF2uef.jpg?1

Lightly dabbing the brush and spreading out any powder.  I want to give it a cloudy look rather than anything with brush strokes or too heavy.  I make sure to get a bit in some of the seam areas, but don't want too much buildup there

tKX94IC.jpg?1

CzNkbbU.jpg?1

LWwBZL6.jpg?1

Once it's to my satisfaction, I break out the secret weapon to keep it from wiping/smudging; hair spray.  There's some great benefits

It's relatively cheap

It will wash off if I want to "go clean" again fairly easily

It makes my armor smell flowery and stuff

I prefer the Frizz-ease brand by John Frieda, It does a really good job of both relaxing the hair as well as avoiding moisture buildup.  As you can see below it does a really good job of keeping my hair from poofing right out the moment there's any humidity.  

byRUli0.jpg?1

BGjIbLB.jpg?1

Where were we?  Oh yeah... helmet weathering.

I dab some tissues in the eye pieces of the armor so they don't get covered in hair spray, then spray down the helmet.  Using a wet tissue I then went over any decals/other parts where I didn't want the spray residue to stick and wiped it off.

j4cTI3S.jpg?1

Final helmet is lightly weathered and has a battle-worn look while not being over-the-top

dayRZOd.jpg?1

Any thoughts?  Should the weathering be heavier/lighter?

I'm right with you. Except the hairspray. I feel that that will eventually build up in crevices like on helmet and coverstrips. Mine rubs off a little, Mainly from Hug's from fans. So they get to go home with a little blaster residue as a reward. Best of Luck on your march to Centurion Sarah. And one day I'll get down to Conn. To troop with you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...